Is man a spiritual being?

most of those who believe have been brainwashed since they were kids, to believe
you can make kids believe anything--then they brainwash their kids, etc etc
..we MAKE kids believe in Santa [ which is not real ]
...or even adults--look at what hitler, Jim Jones, Pol Pot, the Comet Cult, etc etc etc did--made people believe in spirituality so much, that they committed SUICIDE

That is where you are wrong. Santa is real, he just died many, many years ago is all and how relevant his legacy is regarding giving and faith in God that prompted such giving is up for your to highlight or ignore.
Santa was invented by Coca-Cola, 'nuff said.

most of those who believe have been brainwashed since they were kids, to believe
...or even adults--look at what hitler, Jim Jones, Pol Pot, the Comet Cult, etc etc etc did--made people believe in spirituality so much, that they committed SUICIDE

That is where you are wrong. Santa is real, he just died many, many years ago is all and how relevant his legacy is regarding giving and faith in God that prompted such giving is up for your to highlight or ignore.

No, Santa is not a legend born of pure fantasy, it is based upon a real person.

The purpose of this thread is to discuss if man is predisposed to spirituality.

Since the beginning of man, man has had belief in a higher power. This belief has persisted throughout man’s existence.

Even today man overwhelming identifies himself as spiritual. So even though the grouping between belief in a specific religion may be declining, man has not abandoned his belief that he is more than just matter.

Historically people who did not submit to the popular gods promoted by the ruling elite were marginalized, persecuted and killed, even entire families.

Belief has been more a consequence of the instinct to survive than evidence of anything spiritual.
And yet it persisted throughout the ages.

But it seems that you are agreeing with me that spirituality is prevalent in man.

No.

You think you are being spiritual by perpetuating absurd beliefs and supporting degrading practices but in reality you must be just a very pusillanimous person.

What you see as evidence of spirituality I see as evidence of cowardice, the exact opposite of faith.. And no one is even threatening you with torture or being burned at the stake.

Damn. You're a fucking disgrace. You have so much faith and are so spiritual that you believe that God became an edible man. lol...Screw spirituality. Try being real..
Words are what feed the spirit, whether those words are merely in your own head or coming from a trusted source. The key would be what kind of spirit are you predisposed too. Doesn't I am the word and the light ring a bell?

So, in other words, words are the source of spiritual life? If so then spirituality is a matter of consciousness, the mind.

A mind living in accord with actual reality would be a mind living in the spiritual realm of the living. A mind living in denial of reality would be a mind living in the spiritual realm of the dead.

Nothing mysterious or mystical about that at all.

there is no god--jesus was not a son of god [ obviously ] etc
there is no afterlife/etc
can't be proven
it's that simple
....just ''like'' Santa, some MAN might've helped get toys for kids/etc---but the Santa riding a sled in the sky/etc is NOT real
..jesus might have been a MAN saying neat, good things--that's all

you're exactly right!!!
a real PERSON--not a god/etc

Since the beginning of man, man has had belief in a higher power. This belief has persisted throughout man’s existence.

Even today man overwhelming identifies himself as spiritual. So even though the grouping between belief in a specific religion may be declining, man has not abandoned his belief that he is more than just matter.

Historically people who did not submit to the popular gods promoted by the ruling elite were marginalized, persecuted and killed, even entire families.

Belief has been more a consequence of the instinct to survive than evidence of anything spiritual.

But it seems that you are agreeing with me that spirituality is prevalent in man.

No.

You think you are being spiritual by perpetuating absurd beliefs and supporting degrading practices but in reality you must be just a very pusillanimous person.

What you see as evidence of spirituality I see as evidence of cowardice, the exact opposite of faith.. And no one is even threatening you with torture or being burned at the stake.

Damn. You're a fucking disgrace. You have so much faith and are so spiritual that you believe that God became an edible man. lol...Screw spirituality. Try being real..
Words are what feed the spirit, whether those words are merely in your own head or coming from a trusted source. The key would be what kind of spirit are you predisposed too. Doesn't I am the word and the light ring a bell?

So, in other words, words are the source of spiritual life? If so then spirituality is a matter of consciousness, the mind.

A mind living in accord with actual reality would be a mind living in the spiritual realm of the living. A mind living in denial of reality would be a mind living in the spiritual realm of the dead.

I suppose you could explain it in that manner.

It is a mystery to those who can't get past the idea of being not only a flesh being but also a spiritual being at the same time. Humans living to their own sinful nature tend to believe that they have ownership of their own minds when actually they don't.

so is the boogeyman, vampires, goblins and ghouls. The trick is to understand what those stories are teaching and how they apply to real life.. once you grow up that is...

Last edited:

No.

It is a mystery to those who can't get past the idea of being not only a flesh being but also a spiritual being at the same time. Humans living to their own sinful nature tend to believe that they have ownership of their own minds when actually they don't.
Yes, and then to complicate things even further they believe that doing what is right is evil and doing what is evil is right.

What a mess.

Last edited:

No.

Yes, and then to complicate things even further they believe that doing what is right is evil and doing what is evil is right.

What a mess.
Are you a spiritual being?

No.

What a mess.
Sometimes. Personally I am a firm believer it will all work out for the best for those who love the lord with all their heart, mind, body and soul. It just doesn't always look that away to the worldly portions we sport here.

No.

What a mess.
I am a living being. Which means I use my mind to think deeply and base my views on known facts.

If you ever hope to find spiritual peace you have to restrain your unrestrained imagination by being rational;.

The least you can do is try.

Otherwise reality, to you, will be like being thrown alive into a consuming fire that will never go out.

Last edited:

No, it sounds to me like he is saying that man is not necessarily spiritual, but it (spirituality) has survived because people who reject it are killed. It’s a poor argument on his part to be sure.

The fat guy in the red suit with the white beard was invented by Coca-Cola.

No, it sounds to me like he is saying that man is not necessarily spiritual, but it (spirituality) has survived because people who reject it are killed. It’s a poor argument on his part to be sure.
lol...a poor argument? tell that to Jesus, his disciples, all of the prophets, the martyrs, the saints, the unbelievers of the inquisition, the witches of Salem, the Jews since day one, , not to mention everyone (billions) currently living under some form of sharia law who sing the praises of Mohammed as if they are devoted spiritual believers but in reality are just trying to keep their heads from being chopped off by psychopaths.

Last edited:
I contend yes. That said, it seems to me that the spiritual nature of man presupposes that he is of Divine origin. Which I agree also renders his spiritual nature of supreme importance compared to material things.

What a mess.
I am a living being. Which means I use my mind to think deeply and base my views on known facts.

If you ever hope to find spiritual peace you have to restrain your unrestrained imagination by being rational;.

Otherwise reality, to you, will be like being thrown alive into a consuming fire that will never go out.
Are you spiritual?

It is a poor argument. He is arguing for materialism.

I contend yes. That said, it seems to me that the spiritual nature of man presupposes that he is of Divine origin. Which I agree also renders his spiritual nature of supreme importance compared to material things.
I don’t know if everyone who claims to be spiritual believes in the divine but I do believe they believe in spirituality.

So I do believe man is predisposed to spirituality. This ought to raise suspicion for the reason why.

What a mess.

Are you spiritual?

I am afraid that this discussion is going to degenerate into even more insanity than expressed in the op if you don't learn how to read more carefully and respond to what is actually said to you.

What a mess.

Are you spiritual?

I am afraid that this discussion is going to degenerate into even more insanity than expressed in the op if you don't learn how to read more carefully and respond to what is actually said to you.
Are you spiritual?

Forum List

Back