Is moderation increasing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know whether or not it is increasing, but I do know that the vast majority of my postings that are removed are removed by one, specific moderator. I'm being stalked and singled out, but I just have to accept it as business as usual.

Maybe we share the same deleter.

I’m accused of trolling, when I‘m only countering a troll, who is trolling me.

Ditto. Some people just shouldn't be one. That includes me.

If you feel you are being singled out, you need to DM me and FlaCalTenn with the details.
Yet Again?

The last 50 times sure didn't work.

I find that if you start with dick pics you get a faster response.
I keep getting messages to resize it because it takes up too much disc space.

I hate to speak out of school, but Flacal told me you were all ball.

I had a message deleted yesterday for being off-topic. I have no idea what the message said because it's deleted. But one of the things that attracted me to this site was that the moderation seemed to not be heavy handed. Now I've had several posts deleted in the past couple months and I don't really know what's wrong with any of them. If I drift from a topic, it's never so far that it should be offensive. If I drift, it's almost always in response to something someone else posted so it seems that the post I responded to must have been off-topic, too.

Discussions drift. I could sit with any of you and talk about Linux. If we talk about Linux it will probably drift off-topic to Windows. And the weather. But that's not a thing to delete a post for.

I'm disappointed that the moderation seems to me to be excessive and, perhaps, arbitrary. I have no way to know what was deleted, by whom, or why so I can't say that it's done by certain moderators who get challenged frequently for their views.
Yup, gotta blame the mods for what we (collectively) are doing on the board. If the mods now appear to be heavy handed all we have to do is ask why then look in the mirror for the answer.
As the election draws closer the people on the board start getting more wild (for lack of a better word), Obviously, due to undeniable cause and effect the moderation ramps up and unfortunately some not so bad posts get tossed along with the seriously off topic posts. Sometimes the baby does get tossed with the bathwater, it's only human or are you expecting the mods to be perfect? Not human?
The moderation only seems heavy handed because the posters (in general) are getting out of control, happens every election cycle.

Totally disagree. I have seen mods on here absolutely be petty. And yes, I expect mods to be pretty close to perfect. Don't see any gun being held to their head when appointed. I won't even go into their easily observable biases. They are certainly mostly fairer than the original mods on this board, however the saving grace for those original mods was that they were openly biased and admitted it.

Last edited:
I don't know whether or not it is increasing, but I do know that the vast majority of my postings that are removed are removed by one, specific moderator. I'm being stalked and singled out, but I just have to accept it as business as usual.

A lot of mine get removed without any notice at all, so yeah, same here. It's why I don't bother with long posts any more. I have a lot of 'warnings', mostly from being unkind to sniveling pedophiles and their fan club whining, so I know I will get perma-banned sooner or later anyway. lol

I had a message deleted yesterday for being off-topic. I have no idea what the message said because it's deleted. But one of the things that attracted me to this site was that the moderation seemed to not be heavy handed. Now I've had several posts deleted in the past couple months and I don't really know what's wrong with any of them. If I drift from a topic, it's never so far that it should be offensive. If I drift, it's almost always in response to something someone else posted so it seems that the post I responded to must have been off-topic, too.

Discussions drift. I could sit with any of you and talk about Linux. If we talk about Linux it will probably drift off-topic to Windows. And the weather. But that's not a thing to delete a post for.

I'm disappointed that the moderation seems to me to be excessive and, perhaps, arbitrary. I have no way to know what was deleted, by whom, or why so I can't say that it's done by certain moderators who get challenged frequently for their views.
Yup, gotta blame the mods for what we (collectively) are doing on the board. If the mods now appear to be heavy handed all we have to do is ask why then look in the mirror for the answer.
As the election draws closer the people on the board start getting more wild (for lack of a better word), Obviously, due to undeniable cause and effect the moderation ramps up and unfortunately some not so bad posts get tossed along with the seriously off topic posts. Sometimes the baby does get tossed with the bathwater, it's only human or are you expecting the mods to be perfect? Not human?
The moderation only seems heavy handed because the posters (in general) are getting out of control, happens every election cycle.

Totally disagree. I have seen mods on here absolutely be petty. And yes, I expect mods to be pretty close to perfect. Don't see any gun being held to their head when appointed. I won't even go into their easily observable biases. They are certainly mostly fairer than the original mods on the this board, however the saving grace for those original mods was that they were openly biased and admitted it.

Of course the mods are biased. They're also just fellow posters. They're allowed to enjoy themselves on this board just the same as anybody else.

Of course the mods are biased. They're also just fellow posters. They're allowed to enjoy themselves on this board just the same as anybody else.

Not when they cut into my posts or time because they are butthurt they don't (as opposed to me breaking the rules). Anyway, when it comes to recently I'm talking more about 12-18 months ago. This past year, they haven't done much IMO. A couple of weird ones, but nothing too heavy handed.

If you feel you are being singled out, you need to DM me and FlaCalTenn with the details.
Yet Again?

The last 50 times sure didn't work.

I find that if you start with dick pics you get a faster response.

Start posting your own instead of your boyfriends.

Totally disagree. I have seen mods on here absolutely be petty. And yes, I expect mods to be pretty close to perfect. Don't see any gun being held to their head when appointed. I won't even go into their easily observable biases. They are certainly mostly fairer than the original mods on the this board, however the saving grace for those original mods was that they were openly biased and admitted it.
Sure thing there Sparky......

I don’t know why anyone would ever sign up to be a mod. Personally I would prefer everything goes and no mod interference. This site is close to that, but imo it could be better. If people want to troll let them troll. If people want to express vulgarities let them do it. But I of course am not a pussy that would run away from such speech.
Well, there is the advertising problem. Google is god, and complaints from advertisers limit your "right" to be vulgar

They can delete all of them, I don't care. I like the ability to vent here.
Once I hit
1596413531285.png

They are all yours.

If you argue with a mod and win it gets deleted

I don’t know why anyone would ever sign up to be a mod. Personally I would prefer everything goes and no mod interference. This site is close to that, but imo it could be better. If people want to troll let them troll. If people want to express vulgarities let them do it. But I of course am not a pussy that would run away from such speech.

There are forums like that. I've checked some out; they're not for me.

If you are worried about getting caught up in a warning or ban, then think twice before you post a reply in any thread upstairs. Make sure you are addressing the topic and not the person.
If a person lies, especially repeatedly and after being given the evidence of their lie, then it's pointless to continue to address the topic and it really is important to address the person. Sometimes, as I mentioned in my welcome thread, you have to be able to call a liar a liar.

Its one specific creep, a fascist democrat naturally...

Left wing moderators always ban free speech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back