Is Obama a liar?

Ame®icano;8079437 said:
Yeah when you hear the SoS go to the UN and come up with fantastic stories about XY&Z and the CIA briefs using cooked intel; what do you expect Congress to do?

The Bush CIA lied about the threat from Saddam; they additionally lied about the costs of the conflict:

https://www.mtholyoke.edu/acad/intrel/iraq/koppel.htm

TED KOPPEL
(Off Camera) Well, it's a, I think you'll agree, this is a much bigger project than any that's been talked about. Indeed, I understand that more money is expected to be spent on this than was spent on the entire Marshall Plan for the rebuilding of Europe after World War II.

ANDREW NATSIOS
No, no. This doesn't even compare remotely with the size of the Marshall Plan.

TED KOPPEL
(Off Camera) The Marshall Plan was $97 billion.

ANDREW NATSIOS
This is 1.7 billion.

TED KOPPEL
(Off Camera) All right, this is the first. I mean, when you talk about 1.7, you're not suggesting that the rebuilding of Iraq is gonna be done for $1.7 billion?
ANDREW NATSIOS
Well, in terms of the American taxpayers contribution, I do, this is it for the US. The rest of the rebuilding of Iraq will be done by other countries who have already made pledges, Britain, Germany, Norway, Japan, Canada, and Iraqi oil revenues, eventually in several years, when it's up and running and there's a new government that's been democratically elected, will finish the job with their own revenues. They're going to get in $20 billion a year in oil revenues. But the American part of this will be 1.7 billion. We have no plans for any further-on funding for this.

---

Again, Grumps started a thread about Obama lying. Obama lied. Lets stick to that topic. I don't want to hijack his thread getting off on tangets although examples of executives lying and their emmisaries fudging on the truth are plentiful.

Where in this, whatever you posted, is a proof that Bush lied?

See highlighted portion above.

No no, whole thread started about Obama lying.
You compared it to Bush lies. When asked about proof, you started talking about emissaries.
Explain again, how do you compare Obama's lies with Bush's emissaries lies?

Last edited:
HEY! CONS!!! LISTEN UP!!! Barack Obama is in his SECOND TERM as PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. He was duly elected as PRESIDENT in TWO, SEPARATE ELECTIONS. Further, in 2012, he was re-elected largely on a platform of PROVIDING UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE to all citizens.

Reflect on that, cons - he was re-elected IN ORDER TO IMPLEMENT UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE.

Y'all need to do a couple of things. First off, you need to LIVE WITH THE FACT that President Obama is our president and will remain so until another Democrat moves into the White House in 2016. Secondly, you need to accept the fact that UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE is the LAW OF THE LAND and stop whining about it. Uncork a little of that Republican wealth, employers. Pop for some health insurance for your employees. I know this is a strange concept for Relpublicans - the idea of doing something for labor. It really isn't so bad, showing a little compassion and concern for your fellow human beings. You ought to try it. Honest.

Now now, we realize you're really upset that your prez was caught in a whopper of a lie, but you don't need to reassure yourself that he's still president.

obama-administration-unaware-what-it-was-doing.jpg

HEY! CONS!!! LISTEN UP!!! Barack Obama is in his SECOND TERM as PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. He was duly elected as PRESIDENT in TWO, SEPARATE ELECTIONS. Further, in 2012, he was re-elected largely on a platform of PROVIDING UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE to all citizens.

Reflect on that, cons - he was re-elected IN ORDER TO IMPLEMENT UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE.

Y'all need to do a couple of things. First off, you need to LIVE WITH THE FACT that President Obama is our president and will remain so until another Democrat moves into the White House in 2016. Secondly, you need to accept the fact that UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE is the LAW OF THE LAND and stop whining about it. Uncork a little of that Republican wealth, employers. Pop for some health insurance for your employees. I know this is a strange concept for Relpublicans - the idea of doing something for labor. It really isn't so bad, showing a little compassion and concern for your fellow human beings. You ought to try it. Honest.

He was reelected because he postponed the sticker shock (and lost policies and lost jobs) until after the election.

If people had seen then what they're seeing now, all the IRS and Benghazi suppression in the world wouldn't have helped him retain office.

The media did not do their due diligence. They shielded voters from his lies. They demonized Republicans for telling the truth.

boo hoo

Ame®icano;8080697 said:
Ame®icano;8079437 said:
Where in this, whatever you posted, is a proof that Bush lied?

See highlighted portion above.

No no, whole thread started about Obama lying.
You compared it to Bush lies. When asked about proof, you started talking about emissaries.
Explain again, how do you compare Obama's lies with Bush's emissaries lies?

Do I really need to explain it to you...that administration officials invited to Nightline (not the Hometown Shopper Newspaper) are speaking for the administration?

If so, you shouldn't be in the politics forum kid.

Now now, we realize you're really upset that your prez was caught in a whopper of a lie, but you don't need to reassure yourself that he's still president.

Whopper?

Hardly...for most people in the exchanges (the overwhelming majority won't even be in the exchanges) they'll see better insurance at a cheaper price.

Not exactly bad news.

But yes; you may not want better coverage at a cheaper price...so yes, Obama lied in that context and for the thin minority who will see less coverage at higher rates.

For my part...if I were in the exchanges...I would want to mail in a check each month or six months or whenever; I don't like paying for essentials through auto-deduction from bank accounts. I can do it for Dillards, Lululemon, etc... but not health insurance. If my new company wanted me to do auto-billing, I would have a problem with that eventhough it's faster and cheaper for me (no stamps to buy!!!).

Still, for most, it won't even register.

Why the hell does Bush's name keep getting brought up? Are you loons so shallow that that is the only one of two programmed responses you can give?

In the legions of Presidential lies...Obama's is tiny compared to Bush's. And if we're going to judge performance of a president, whom should we use as a yardstick? The previous administration seems to be the logical choice.

Whopper?

Hardly...for most people in the exchanges (the overwhelming majority won't even be in the exchanges) they'll see better insurance at a cheaper price.

Not exactly bad news.

But yes; you may not want better coverage at a cheaper price...so yes, Obama lied in that context and for the thin minority who will see less coverage at higher rates.

For my part...if I were in the exchanges...I would want to mail in a check each month or six months or whenever; I don't like paying for essentials through auto-deduction from bank accounts. I can do it for Dillards, Lululemon, etc... but not health insurance. If my new company wanted me to do auto-billing, I would have a problem with that eventhough it's faster and cheaper for me (no stamps to buy!!!).

It was indeed a "whopper" of a lie, because it was meant to reassure millions of Americans who were nervous about how Obamacare might impact them.
Please don't try to downplay this. This was deception of the highest order.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox
Is Obama a liar?

Sure, he is. He is a leftist. They ALL lie. ALWAYS.
Otherwise they would never get elected - the REAL leftard agenda is so obnoxious that people would lynch them if they would know.

Whopper?

Not exactly bad news.

It was indeed a "whopper" of a lie, because it was meant to reassure millions of Americans who were nervous about how Obamacare might impact them.
Please don't try to downplay this. This was deception of the highest order.

A lot of the ACA went into effect long before this past October 1 with little or no notice from the "millions of Americans"...so far so good.

The overwhelming majority of Americans will never deal with the exchanges. That is not "downplaying" anything; it's the truth.

Forum List

Back