Is Obama one of the best speakers in our nation's history???

is Obama one of the best speakers in our nation's history

• yes

Votes: 39 40.2%
  • are you fucking kidding me????

Votes: 58 59.8%

• Total voters
Has the OP come up with a list of a few dozen American statesmen who are/ were better speakers than the president yet? If not...will he admit that Obama is, indeed, ONE OF THE BEST?

Or...will the OP continue to present himself as an obstinate child and ignore the huge fault in his logic?

You haven't even provided any third party expert opinion on the matter. Can't you find a credentialed speech expert/professor/presidential historian who agrees with you on this?

I've peppered this thread with shit that supports my claim. Do you understand how "debates" are conducted?

Saying that the man puts you to sleep isn't evidential. You admit that you hate the guy. Why not admit that your hate could be influencing your judgement on this matter?

Let's go Rocko.........man up.

First of all, the question is purely subjective, so I don't understand why you think providing links of so-called experts helps your case. Second of all, I've already claimed that Obozo is below average in my assessment, so do you really then need me to provide you with a list of better speech makers? I tell you one thing, it would be a hell of a long list.

Can anyone off the top of your head recall a memorable line from any of Obama's speeches?
"If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor, period" and
"You didnt build that"
don't count because conservatives harped on them.

Kennedy-"Ask not what your country can do for you..."
Nixon "My wife Pat has a plain Republican cloth coat."
Reagan "Mr Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
Bush "Read my lips, no new taxes."
Clinton "I did not have sex with that woman, Ms Lewinsky
Bush "Freedom itself was attacked"
Obama:?

See. Many other presidents have delivered memorable lines you know right away. Obama? Not so much.
You Dummies always remember the talking points. Obama had some great tag lines:

"Yes We Can"
"Hope and Change"
"Forward"

Of course his keynote address in 2004 at the Democratic convention could be one of the greatest speeches in history:

"I stand here today, grateful for the diversity of my heritage, aware that my parents’ dreams live on in my two precious daughters. I stand here knowing that my story is part of the larger American story, that I owe a debt to all of those who came before me, and that in no other country on Earth is my story even possible."

"Well, I say to them tonight, there is not a liberal America and a conservative America — there is the United States of America. There is not a black America and a white America and Latino America and Asian America — there's the United States of America."

"The pundits like to slice-and-dice our country into Red States and Blue States; Red States for Republicans, Blue States for Democrats. But I've got news for them, too: We worship an awesome God in the Blue States, and we don't like federal agents poking around in our libraries in the Red States. We coach Little League in the Blue States, and, yes, we've got some gay friends in the Red States. There are patriots who opposed the war in Iraq and there are patriots who supported the war in Iraq."

Lots more from this president...

Another great Republican, with a message:

"
Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

Abraham Lincoln
November 19, 1863"

Well yes, he was a Republican but not anything like today's batshit crazy Republicans...

Great thread!
Pathetic, isn't it? The loser had to bump it twice himself before he could get the first nitwit to bite. Really sad.

You must understand......he and I had a discussion in another thread in which I handed him his ass. He honestly believes that our POTUS is a horrible public speaker....no doubt very concerned with teleprompters or some such bullshit.

He thought he could hand me my ass with this wonderful thread.

I wonder how he feels it's working out for him?

Since I won't accept anything but an admission that Obama is a great public speaker....one of our nation's best ever.....I fear this thread may never end.

I find it hard to believe that anyone would call him a good public speaker. I find it amazing that you're saying he's one of the best in our nation's history. Trust me, no one in their right mind agrees with you.

I'm still waiting for you to name a dozen who are/were better. Especially presidents. Then....get some help in proving it.

I've provided several links to rankings of speakers. You might not agree....but the fact is that he's known as a great orator and a top shelf motivational speaker.

This thread is destined for failure.

HAHAHAHA You provided links. Thats a good one. Do you realize most people would think you're insane if you told them Obama is one of the best speakers in the history of the country??? HAHAHAHAHA
He is. History will be kind to Obama unlike it has been to recent Repubs.

Has the OP come up with a list of a few dozen American statesmen who are/ were better speakers than the president yet? If not...will he admit that Obama is, indeed, ONE OF THE BEST?

Or...will the OP continue to present himself as an obstinate child and ignore the huge fault in his logic?

You haven't even provided any third party expert opinion on the matter. Can't you find a credentialed speech expert/professor/presidential historian who agrees with you on this?

I've peppered this thread with shit that supports my claim. Do you understand how "debates" are conducted?

Saying that the man puts you to sleep isn't evidential. You admit that you hate the guy. Why not admit that your hate could be influencing your judgement on this matter?

Let's go Rocko.........man up.
You've peppered the thread with ipse dixit fallacies.
We've named many better speakers than Obama. Especially off script virtually everyone is better than Obama. Harpo Marx was a better speaker than Obama is.

Can anyone off the top of your head recall a memorable line from any of Obama's speeches?
"You didnt build that"

See. Many other presidents have delivered memorable lines you know right away. Obama? Not so much.

"Yes We Can"
"Hope and Change"
"Forward"

Of course his keynote address in 2004 at the Democratic convention could be one of the greatest speeches in history:

"I stand here today, grateful for the diversity of my heritage, aware that my parents’ dreams live on in my two precious daughters. I stand here knowing that my story is part of the larger American story, that I owe a debt to all of those who came before me, and that in no other country on Earth is my story even possible."

"Well, I say to them tonight, there is not a liberal America and a conservative America — there is the United States of America. There is not a black America and a white America and Latino America and Asian America — there's the United States of America."

"The pundits like to slice-and-dice our country into Red States and Blue States; Red States for Republicans, Blue States for Democrats. But I've got news for them, too: We worship an awesome God in the Blue States, and we don't like federal agents poking around in our libraries in the Red States. We coach Little League in the Blue States, and, yes, we've got some gay friends in the Red States. There are patriots who opposed the war in Iraq and there are patriots who supported the war in Iraq."

You clearly do not understand the difference between a memorable line and a slogan. No shock there.
Nice pussy, btw.

"You didnt build that"

"Yes We Can"
"Hope and Change"
"Forward"

You clearly do not understand the difference between a memorable line and a slogan. No shock there.
Nice pussy, btw.
Of course you'd like to forget that keynote speech. You don't want to talk about it at all, :lol:.

"You didnt build that"

"Yes We Can"
"Hope and Change"
"Forward"

Nice pussy, btw.
Of course you'd like to forget that keynote speech. You don't want to talk about it at all, :lol:.

That's one good speech back when he was a State Senator. He hasn't made a good speech since then.

"You didnt build that"

"Yes We Can"
"Hope and Change"
"Forward"

Nice pussy, btw.

That's one good speech back when he was a State Senator. He hasn't made a good speech since then.
Wrong again.

I say hell no. LoneLaugher thinks he is. Hahahahaha

Let's see

Unemployment down to 5.9%. Under the shrub and Darth Dick(less) over 1.5 Million Jobs were lost in the last full quarter (September, October, November and December) of 2008.

The former deserter-in-chief and draft-dodger dickie left this country with a National Debt of over Eleven Trillion Dollars ($11,000,000,000,000,000.00) Under President Obama the National Debt is shrinking and over 1.5 Million Jobs have been created.

While the shurb talked about securing the border, under President Obama the U.S. has deported a record of illegals crossing over from Mexico.

The shrub took over 700 Days of Vacation, President Obama has not taken even a year's worth of time off.

Keep lying to yourself, it after all. all you've got.

"You didnt build that"

"Yes We Can"
"Hope and Change"
"Forward"

Nice pussy, btw.
It was his one qualification for office.
Too bad he forgot all about it once he was elected. And no, I can't remember anything memorable about it, other than that everyone else swooned over it.

"You didnt build that"

"Yes We Can"
"Hope and Change"
"Forward"

Nice pussy, btw.
Too bad he forgot all about it once he was elected. And no, I can't remember anything memorable about it, other than that everyone else swooned over it.
They also swooned over all those Democratic debates. People just laugh at R debates, they really are a big joke. Our candidates know their craft, they can talk about policy without looking at the daily talking points. Your candidates are all on the same low level as Palin. That level is a couple lower than stupid.

:lol:

"You didnt build that"

"Yes We Can"
"Hope and Change"
"Forward"

Nice pussy, btw.
They also swooned over all those Democratic debates. People just laugh at R debates, they really are a big joke. Our candidates know their craft, they can talk about policy without looking at the daily talking points. Your candidates are all on the same low level as Palin. That level is a couple lower than stupid.

Palin was right about foreign policy. Obama was wrong.
That's gonna leave a mark.

"Yes We Can"
"Hope and Change"
"Forward"

Nice pussy, btw.

Palin was right about foreign policy. Obama was wrong.
That's gonna leave a mark.
:lol: Palin you say??!! I was going to ignore that mistake of a candidate and was thinking Newt, Rick Perry, Santorum, Mitt.

I, uh, want to ugh thank the folks for coming today. I um, ugh,yes, I me, ugh, I, my. Ugh err duh. Thank you!!

Not even close to the terrible:

That's a funny clip and everybody laughed at his flubs and he did too, but his speeches weren't getting people killed. Obama's indifference to Syria's plight and his refusal to put "boots on the ground" was happening while 150,000 civilians were getting killed and millions displaced. A harsh winter is coming soon and there will be greater suffering and death and everyone is arguing about a street shyster being the world's best speaker.

His speeches might not have gotten anyone killed, neither do Obama's, but Bush did get a lot of people killed. Bush's indifference for 9/11 got many people killed, then he invades the wrong country and more die.....not counting the innocent Iraquis that also died. The right is just angry because they are not in control, because the majority of Americans do not agree with their backward policies and they have closed their minds to anything positive, and have also swept all the mistakes that Bush made that caused our country to almost go under.

Forum List

Back