Is Obama one of the best speakers in our nation's history???

is Obama one of the best speakers in our nation's history

• yes

Votes: 39 40.2%
  • are you fucking kidding me????

Votes: 58 59.8%

• Total voters
I don't think Obama is a terrible speaker and is a pretty good public speaker. However, the best one EVER? No. I think that honor would probably belong to someone like Abraham Lincoln, with no teleprompters and no fancy speech writers, etc.

Don't forget, President Obama doesn't write all of his own speeches. He may look them over, make changes and approve them, but he has a staff of speech writers.

Don't forget, President Obama doesn't write all of his own speeches. He may look them over, make changes and approve them, but he has a staff of speech writers.
As did every President before him

Every indication coming from the Whitehouse says Obama is very hands on in writing his speeches

As I said.....Republican taunts that he cannot speak without a teleprompter are founded in racism

Every indication coming from the Whitehouse says Obama is very hands on in writing his speeches

As I said.....Republican taunts that he cannot speak without a teleprompter are founded in racism

:lol: I wonder if you could crawl up Obama's butt any further? No, sorry, he is NOT the best speaker, not even close. :)

I thought that made us homophobes?

I don't think Obama is a terrible speaker and is a pretty good public speaker. However, the best one EVER? No. I think that honor would probably belong to someone like Abraham Lincoln, with no teleprompters and no fancy speech writers, etc.

Even though the Gettysburg address is memorized by schoolchildren around the country, Lincoln still had it written out and read from it during his speech

I thought that made us homophobes?

Or something, right? I mean, if you don't like or agree with President Obama, you MUST be SOMETHING. :lol:

Even though the Gettysburg address is memorized by schoolchildren around the country, Lincoln still had it written out and read from it during his speech

Oh really? Post a link to that please. I was under the impression that it was Lincoln's speech that he wrote himself.

:lol: I wonder if you could crawl up Obama's butt any further? No, sorry, he is NOT the best speaker, not even close. :)

I didn't say he was the best speaker. As I posted earlier, I ranked him behind FDR, JFK and Reagan and ahead of Clinton, both Bush's, Carter, Ford, Nixon, LBJ, Truman and Ike

So, what do you mean by "had it written out?" Do you mean he didn't write it, or he wrote it and read from his paper? Yeah, I'm sure he read from his papers, and that could be considered to a teleprompter I suppose. I don't have a problem with the teleprompter. Most of them use it, and it really isn't much different than reading from the paper in front of you.

Oh really? Post a link to that please. I was under the impression that it was Lincoln's speech that he wrote himself.

You need a link that schoolchildren for generations have recited it from memory or that Lincoln had written it out?

I didn't say he was the best speaker. As I posted earlier, I ranked him behind FDR, JFK and Reagan and ahead of Clinton, both Bush's, Carter, Ford, Nixon, LBJ, Truman and Ike

Hmm. JFK? I don't know. He was also a pretty good speaker, from what I've seen on documentaries and things. Comparing presidents is always difficult, IMO, because I wasn't alive to have experienced most of their speeches myself. I have seen a lot of Kennedy speeches though, and I thought he was a very good speaker, very good at motivating people.

So, what do you mean by "had it written out?" Do you mean he didn't write it, or he wrote it and read from his paper? Yeah, I'm sure he read from his papers, and that could be considered to a teleprompter I suppose. I don't have a problem with the teleprompter. Most of them use it, and it really isn't much different than reading from the paper in front of you.

Written notes were the teleprompter of the day. Even though it was a simple speech, Lincoln had it written out

You need a link that schoolchildren for generations have recited it from memory or that Lincoln had written it out?

Well, you kind made it sound as if he didn't write the speech himself. Then, I realized that you were comparing reading a speech from paper to the teleprompter. :D

no

perhaps the best teleprompter reader in history though

--LOL

a quality a great fake needs to accomplish

--LOL

thin skinned bastard too

--LOL

who can forget his getting upset about

folks making fun of his prompter usage

and then he declares he is now "off the teleprompters"

only to discover that as he took the traditional prompters down

he had a huge jumbo tron sized prompter installed

on the back wall almost out of eye shot

--LOL
Allow me to pull out my race card

The ridiculous claim, in spite of mountains of evidence to the contrary, that Obama can't speak without a telepromter is just another way of saying.......black folks can't speak that well without a white person writing the words for them

playing the race card is absurd

--LOL

he is a mumbling idiot without the prompter

the only racism that is exists in this thread

is the racism in your head

why is it you lefties ALWAYS notice

the color of the skin or the nationality of an individual

before ANYTHING else

why is that

Lets see if the race card is applicable...

Prior to Obama did any onther President rely on a teleprompter or notes? Yes, EVERY President has done so
Is there evidence that Obama has no input to his speeches? Those close to the Whitehouse report Obama is heavily involved in his speeches and the messages they convey
Is there evidence that Obama is incapable of speaking off the cuff? Obama has shown himself to be witty and charming in free lance speaking
Maybe they only attack Obama because he is a Democrat not because he is black........Nobody questioned Bill Clintons or Jimmy Carters use of a teleprompter

So what do the ridiculous claims that Obama can't speak without a teleprompter mean? It means that Conservatives were faced with a popular, eloquent black man who was renowned for his speaking ability. The "he can't speak unless someone writes the words for him" appeals to the racist base who won't tolerate an "uppity" black man

That's exactly right......George Bush stumbled through his speeches even with a teleprompter (a phonic one at that) and they stand proud behind him......wahahahaha.

When words get in the way Bush goes phonetic Reuters

Now I will bet that their comeback is going to be "Why are you bringing up Bush? - He's no longer President"...

Well, I'll save them the trouble.....because it is pretty damn hypocritical that you chastise Obama for using a teleprompter when your Republican President had to use a "phonics" one.......amirite?

Were you alive for ALL of those presidents? :D

Do you have any credible link to back up your inane statement? Of course not....you are right there with Unkotare......inconsequential...and laughable.....which clown butt did you crawl into?

Forum List

Back