Is Obama really a Christian?

I guess that's why his ratings are in the toilet right now...because he represents the majority?

People are waking up to this con man...

People made a decision to support his ideas when they elected him. In 2012, they'll get a chance to make a decision again.

Wrong.

People did not make the decision to support his ideas when they elected him. They made the decision to allow him to govern...and if they are not happy with his ideas, they will do what they always do....speak out about it.

Sadly, this President simply does not listen when people speak out.

Instead, he ridicules them.

False distinction. When you vote for someone, you vote for them on the understanding they will act upon their judgment, ideals, and beliefs.

Whether any politician honestly lays out those three things is another issue, but in 2008 people elected Obama. They'll get another chance in 2012. Technically, he doesn't have to listen to the electorate again until then... anymore than Bush did back before the Iraq invaision.

Put things into context, this was his personal friend, he KNEW the police were wrong. He defended his friend and rightly so. The police got the brunt of it...stuff happens, no one is perfect. You can choose to look at it objectively and realistically...or you can continue to take a partisan stance and use it as an opportunity to attack.

At the time the Tea Bag people were really being ridiculous. I'll give you that one, although I agree with him.

Dude...get serious. The GOP have been regurgitating the same tired plans since Bush. Fail.

Who is being ridiculed here?

I'm sure you have plenty you OPT to see as ridicule...but if you step back and look objectively and not in a bubble...you would come to a more clear-minded conclusion.

I'm sure of it.

Explain away this one if you can...

"...my individual salvation is not going to come about without a collective salvation for the country..."

Maybe he is referring to the Judgment of Nations which is a collective gathering of nations and an individual judgment as well?

Matthew 25:31-46 (New King James Version)

The Son of Man Will Judge the Nations

31 “When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy[a] angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. 33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’

41 “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: 42 for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; 43 I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’

44 “Then they also will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ 45 Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ 46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

btw, you do realize that it is UNCONSTITUTIONAL to require a religious "test" of our President....GUESS NOT for you, you commie!!! :razz:

Article VI

All debts contracted and engagements entered into, before the adoption of this Constitution, shall be as valid against the United States under this Constitution, as under the Confederation.

This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the members of the several state legislatures, and all executive and judicial officers, both of the United States and of the several states, shall be bound by oath or affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.

Me thinks you need to pick up a Bible AND the Constitution, and read them BOTH.

Care

Put things into context, this was his personal friend, he KNEW the police were wrong. He defended his friend and rightly so. The police got the brunt of it...stuff happens, no one is perfect. You can choose to look at it objectively and realistically...or you can continue to take a partisan stance and use it as an opportunity to attack.

At the time the Tea Bag people were really being ridiculous. I'll give you that one, although I agree with him.

Dude...get serious. The GOP have been regurgitating the same tired plans since Bush. Fail.

Who is being ridiculed here?

I'm sure you have plenty you OPT to see as ridicule...but if you step back and look objectively and not in a bubble...you would come to a more clear-minded conclusion.

I'm sure of it.

"...my individual salvation is not going to come about without a collective salvation for the country..."

Maybe he is referring to the Judgment of Nations which is a collective gathering of nations and an individual judgment as well?

31 “When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy[a] angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. 33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’

41 “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: 42 for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; 43 I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’

44 “Then they also will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ 45 Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ 46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

btw, you do realize that it is UNCONSTITUTIONAL to require a religious "test" of our President....GUESS NOT for you, you commie!!! :razz:

Article VI

All debts contracted and engagements entered into, before the adoption of this Constitution, shall be as valid against the United States under this Constitution, as under the Confederation.

This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the members of the several state legislatures, and all executive and judicial officers, both of the United States and of the several states, shall be bound by oath or affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.

Care

Methinks you need to understand the Bible better as well as the Constitution...and Yes, I know that the President does not require a religious test....never said BO needed to take one...

Forced charity (via the collective) will not bring you individual salvation....that is your individual responsibility...as a Christian you, and you alone, will answer for your sins...

Obama speaks of collective salvation for our country.....this is not something you can find anywhere in the U.S. Constitution....in fact....that is directly in opposition to individual freedom....

Yes....our country was founded upon Christian principles, not Communist ones or Muslim ones....what a President believes in should matter...

When you start to mix anti-American beliefs with American politics you can create threats against our American way of life.

So, you have to be a Christian to be President?

No, but you shouldn't espouse anti-American ideas...

And it sounds like you think anything non-Christian (or rather what YOU determine to be non-Christian) is anti-American. Have I got that right?

Can someone please confirm this so-called "collective salvation" that Rev. Wright allegedly preaches and teaches?

Please provide some form of link or YouTube confirming this.

I smell RW propaganda...all bluster...no facts.

Please confirm.

Glenn Beck said it on TV this week, that's why everyone's repeating it constantly now.

Beck stole it from Reverend Moon.

Yeah, when it started popping up all over the place this weekend, I smelled "talking point".

Article VI

Care

Methinks you need to understand the Bible better as well as the Constitution...and Yes, I know that the President does not require a religious test....never said BO needed to take one...

Forced charity (via the collective) will not bring you individual salvation....that is your individual responsibility...as a Christian you, and you alone, will answer for your sins...

Obama speaks of collective salvation for our country.....this is not something you can find anywhere in the U.S. Constitution....in fact....that is directly in opposition to individual freedom....

can you put what he said in context instead of a little quip of it and also, do you somehow believe the wrath of God or his judgment, has never come down upon Nations for some reason or that it won't ever in the future? What denomination of Christianity are you, if I may ask?

Huh? What does obama's statement about judgment, have to do with the constitution???

You my dear screaming eagle, are just screaming and screeching without cause imho....

but of course...you do have the right to do such.....and so do I!

No one is being forced my dear....no one keeps you here in this country, you can leave ya know?

And if you think what our elected officials have legislated is us being FORCED....then funding the standing army is being forced on us, and funding wars is being FORCED upon us, and Faith based initiatives is being FORCED on us, and all laws that they make is being FORCED on us.....and ALL money that congress spends is being FORCED upon us....?

and you must believe that we are not a constitutional, democratic republic....?

Care

Did you know that it is law that proof of citizenship MUST be presented to the employer by the employee prior to first day of work?

And did you know that the Certificate of Live Birth that was released by Hawaii certainly qualifies as legal proof of citizenship?

I couldnt get my daughter into her softball league with that stupid piece of paper.... its NOT a birth certificate!

As far as I am concerned, he's an imposter.

Yes, he is the president, but in eyes he is unforthright & dishonest.... he is no leader!
Then, I guess no one born in Hawaii gets to play softball or baseball cause that's what they get...

No....wait.

Not sure if he's a christian or not. Don't really care. But one thing IS for certain, he's the worst president this country has ever seen!....That can never be brought into question.

I couldnt get my daughter into her softball league with that stupid piece of paper.... its NOT a birth certificate!

Yes, he is the president, but in eyes he is unforthright & dishonest.... he is no leader!

You are incorrect.

Don't believe everything that Oily Taintz tells you.

You know.... everytime someone has an INDIVIDUAL thought you assholes go to the "listen to your leasders" card..... STFU with that!
I have my own thoughts and doubts and I dont go to them to get my talking points.

I have a mind of my own.... unlike you libtards!

AND NO A CERT OF LIVE BIRTH IS NOT A BIRTH CERTIFICATE! So YOU are wrong.

Of course....your thoughts....are....your....own........

When did you, on your own, come to the conclusion, on your own, that Hawaii's Certificate of Live Birth is not, on your own, a legal document aka a birth certificate?

And did you know that the Certificate of Live Birth that was released by Hawaii certainly qualifies as legal proof of citizenship?

Then, I guess no one born in Hawaii gets to play softball or baseball cause that's what they get...

No....wait.

Infidel must NOT have had her child's NOTARIZED certification of live birth....she MUST HAVE just had a photo copy...without the notarized seal.

Because the Certification of Live birth, states specifically on the document, that this is the legal document to use for birth verification, when certified/notarized, from the State.

she keeps repeating that hogwash about not being able to use it, but never answers whether it was just a photocopy or not....?

You don't know the differences, do you?

You should really learn what words mean before you try to use them.

Yes i do know the differences....do you?

Do you know the difference between the borg (with all its variations) and America?

Why don't you tell me what Obama has done, since he's been President, that has taken away any of your "freedoms"?

Here, someone has written up a nice little list just for you....

Top 7 Marxist Communist Policies Being Implemented By Obama Today
Top 7 Marxist Communist Policies Being Implemented By Obama Today | Liberty Pundits Blog

I can't believe we are still dealing with this crap.

We are dealing with it from a different standpoint.

I question what his teams angle is.

Not the validity of his citizenship...not the quality of his GPA....

But when he said that thing about "BC plastered on my forehead" yesterday, it really bothered me.

He not only put those birthers in a positiion to look foolish for asking to see it by not shopwiong it....but now he is giving reason to believe that the request to see it was much more strenuous for him to comply with than it really is.

Exaggeration....when people exaggerate, they do not have confidence in the validity of the story as it is.

I really think he does it so he can ridicule the opposition......and it is not very presidential and people, eve4n his supporters should recognize this.

Isn't he the presiident for all Americans? The fact that he would ridicule any US citizen is beyond me.
Some people it is right to ridicule because they are so ridiculous.

Yes i do know the differences....do you?

Do you know the difference between the borg (with all its variations) and America?

Why don't you tell me what Obama has done, since he's been President, that has taken away any of your "freedoms"?

Here, someone has written up a nice little list just for you....

Top 7 Marxist Communist Policies Being Implemented By Obama Today
Top 7 Marxist Communist Policies Being Implemented By Obama Today | Liberty Pundits Blog

If I'd wanted to read a right-wing nutjob blog, I would have just gone to WND. I asked YOU - What "freedoms" has Obama taken from YOU.

Forum List

Back