Is religion from Man, or from God?

God gave the Jews Torah at Mt. Sinai effectively enabling Man to put God's will down on paper and thus creating Judaism proper.

Later Christianity came along and said God also wants this. Then Islam came along and said God wants that. Then Mormons came along and said He wants this over here as well.

If any of this is true, shouldn't everyone be whatever the latest will of God is? As with Mormon? If not, and people remain Jewish, Christian, or Islamic then aren't they saying God's will doesn't matter? Or it's impossible God changed His mind, but not impossible He revealed His mind to us?

If you're saying it's possible God gave His will once, why is it then impossible for Him to do it again? Or even every so often? Shouldn't everyone who believe in the Jewish god be whatever the latest version is? Isn't that logical?

Religion comes from man and only from man It does not and never has had anything at all to do with God.

God gave the Jews Torah at Mt. Sinai effectively enabling Man to put God's will down on paper and thus creating Judaism proper.

Later Christianity came along and said God also wants this. Then Islam came along and said God wants that. Then Mormons came along and said He wants this over here as well.

If any of this is true, shouldn't everyone be whatever the latest will of God is? As with Mormon? If not, and people remain Jewish, Christian, or Islamic then aren't they saying God's will doesn't matter? Or it's impossible God changed His mind, but not impossible He revealed His mind to us?

If you're saying it's possible God gave His will once, why is it then impossible for Him to do it again? Or even every so often? Shouldn't everyone who believe in the Jewish god be whatever the latest version is? Isn't that logical?
Good question. Of course religion is from man. If it was from god we would prey, "our parent who art in heaven". But we don't. We say our FATHER. Why? Because MEN made up religion. Just assumed god was a dude.

Good question. Of course religion is from man. If it was from god we would prey, "our parent who art in heaven". But we don't. We say our FATHER. Why? Because MEN made up religion. Just assumed god was a dude.
You necro'd a thread from 7 years ago?

I didn't want to start a new thread when there are already people here interested enough to start a thread on the subject.
They are all gone, dude. Besides read the rules.

They are all gone, dude. Besides read the rules.

I just don't get that rule. Oops.

The Torah comes from God. The Jews were the people whom God chose to bring the Torah to the rest of the human race. Christianity, founded by orthodox Jews, is a legitimate outgrowth of Judaism and "closes the circle" of God's plan for the human race.

Everything else is - sorry to be unkind - bullshit.

Mormonism is PROVABLE bullshit, and the Holy Quran likewise.

While I'm not an expert, the more I read about Eastern "religions," the more I think they are not religions at all, in the sense that we in the West define them.

Is this the hockey player guy that was run out of here based on a rumor and lost his job and all of that?

Forum List

Back