Is Roman Polanski a criminal?

No, but she was a girl who wasn't old enough to give consent. Wasn't old enough to drink and do drugs, either.

Okay, I hate to break it to you..

Kids are drinking under the legal age.
They are taking drugs
They are having sex.

Is there some mental disease among conservatives where you all just forget what you were like as teenagers?

They are taking drugs
They are having sex.

Is there some mental disease among conservatives where you all just forget what you were like as teenagers?

None of that is an excuse for an adult to rape a child, no matter how badly you want to see that happen.

None of that is an excuse for an adult to rape a child, no matter how badly you want to see that happen.

Um, when this happend, I was a child. I didn't care then and don't care now.

Here's the thing, if the prosecutors felt that strongly about it, they shouldn't have entered a plea deal.

But they did.

Why?

Because the victim already had a reputation for promiscious behavior, and the defendant was pretty sympathetic. - Holocaust Survivor, wife murdered by a crazy hippy cult.

Not the kind of case you want to bring into court in celebrity loving LA.

Well, Mr. Polanski didn't go to prison for it.

I guess its "no big deal" in an entertainment industry that gave us R. Kelly, Harvey Weinstein and Al Franken, among other Sex Offenders.

But its still offensive to the people.
Polanski would have gone to prison if he hadn't skipped the country between conviction and sentencing.

Polanski would have gone to prison if he hadn't skipped the country between conviction and sentencing.

Except he was never convicted.

He plead guilty on the promise of a minor sentence that the judge in the case backed out on.

If it ever got to a courtroom, back in the good old days when you could discuss a rape victim's sexual history, they'd have never gotten a conviction.

Last time I checked, you were innocent into proven innocent.
And they are till they are sentenced to serve prison time.
Police custody - as you know does not imply being guilty to all charges - but that a judge has reasons to believe that these people pose a danger to society.

I personally don’t believe in hell. But if I’m wrong and there is a place of eternal torment and torture, Polanski is going to be ass-fucked with red hot pitchforks for the rest of time once he croaks

They are taking drugs
They are having sex.

Sorry to break it to you, but before being declared an adult with 18

I never drank in public ( I guess we all had a sip at our dad's bar)
I never took drugs
I never had sex - (doesn't mean I wouldn't have wanted to) because I was raised with the knowledge that sex might result in a pregnancy - for which I knew that being a teenager, I couldn't have provided economic support for a family.
It's called being aware about ones responsibility for ones action - something that libs&lefties utterly lack.

Except he was never convicted.

He plead guilty on the promise of a minor sentence that the judge in the case backed out on.

If it ever got to a courtroom, back in the good old days when you could discuss a rape victim's sexual history, they'd have never gotten a conviction.

He pleaded guilty.

That means he did it.

All that was left was the sentencing and the serving of time.

BTW, he DID DO IT.

He admitted to molesting the minor even after he left town. There is no excuse for being a Chomo.

And they are till they are sentenced to serve prison time.
Police custody - as you know does not imply being guilty to all charges - but that a judge has reasons to believe that these people pose a danger to society.

Which is bullshit. Most of the charges people are being held on are non-violent offenses. They just can't afford bail.

Sorry to break it to you, but before being declared an adult with 18

I never

That's just... sad, actually.

He pleaded guilty.
That means he did it.
All that was left was the sentencing and the serving of time.
BTW, he DID DO IT.
He admitted to molesting the minor even after he left town. There is no excuse for being a Chomo.
I never denied he did it. I just don't think it was a big enough deal where we are still chasing him down for it 45 years later when his so-called victim is getting ready to collect Social Security. It's not like he was a guard at a Nazi Concentration Camp. He partied with an underaged girl.

Which is bullshit. Most of the charges people are being held on are non-violent offenses. They just can't afford bail.
Now that is bullshit, because nowhere does it state, that non-violent offenses don't need to be investigated upon and the culprit being punished.
Especially those with multiple offenses and - no$ - to get bail = the classic standard low-life criminal, and most favored by Libs&lefties. (the childhood and social environment issue).
That's just... sad, actually.
Being raised towards taking responsibility and obeying the law as a teenager is sad? well being a leftys&lib - you surely don't disappoint.

Being raised towards taking responsibility and obeying the law as a teenager is sad? well being a leftys&lib - you surely don't disappoint.
Being a teenager is getting into trouble and making mistakes. I'm sorry you missed out on that.

But we aren't talking about your boring childhood, we are talking about the girl who had sex with Polanski, who was already taking drugs and having sex.

Now that is bullshit, because nowhere does it state, that non-violent offenses don't need to be investigated upon and the culprit being punished.
Especially those with multiple offenses and - no$ - to get bail = the classic standard low-life criminal, and most favored by Libs&lefties. (the childhood and social environment issue).

Actually, bullshit.
What we have is a system that puts people in jail for crimes that shouldn't require jail.

The US Locks up 2 million people. Most other industrialized democracies lock up less than 80K.
We lock up more people than Communist China, with five times as many people and oh, yeah, they are a communist dictatorship.

Follow the money, buddy.

I never denied he did it. I just don't think it was a big enough deal where we are still chasing him down for it 45 years later when his so-called victim is getting ready to collect Social Security. It's not like he was a guard at a Nazi Concentration Camp. He partied with an underaged girl.

Polanski is a Chomo, he molested a child. Guys like this tend to be repeat offenders, I guess America should be lucky he wasn't in our country doing his business for the past 50 years.

If he would have served his time, and then registered as a sex offender living in someplace like the trailer court in Florida where they all live, I'd feel a lot better.

Polanski is a Chomo, he molested a child. Guys like this tend to be repeat offenders, I guess America should be lucky he wasn't in our country doing his business for the past 50 years.

If he would have served his time, and then registered as a sex offender living in someplace like the trailer court in Florida where they all live, I'd feel a lot better.

He had sex with a teen who was a willing participant.

For which he plead guilty and served a sentence prosecutors agreed to.

The a judge decided he didn't like that deal. A judge who was dating a woman 30 years his junior, by the way.

Being a teenager is getting into trouble and making mistakes. I'm sorry you missed out on that.
Nonsense, teenagers making mistakes and those purposely disobeying/defying laws are two entirely different categories of teenagers.
But we aren't talking about your boring childhood,
You brought that issue up, not me - typical lefty&lib reaction if faced with facts that don't suit their views.
Actually, bullshit.
What we have is a system that puts people in jail for crimes that shouldn't require jail.
Then you can start doing social classes telling you petty-theft friends, that they will face prison time, and not yapping about their childhood issues.
The US Locks up 2 million people. Most other industrialized democracies lock up less than 80K.
Everyone knows that the USA in general, possesses a far more violent society then other Western countries.
We lock up more people than Communist China, with five times as many people and oh, yeah, they are a communist dictatorship.
Off course - an authoritarian government and a conservative society - provides for a far smaller number of criminals.
Follow the money, buddy.
Follow the moral and social-educational standards - mate.

Nonsense, teenagers making mistakes and those purposely disobeying/defying laws are two entirely different categories of teenagers.
Not really. It's just how the system treats them. White kids get probation... black kids get jail.

Then you can start doing social classes telling you petty-theft friends, that they will face prison time, and not yapping about their childhood issues.
When we start throwing the white suburban kids into the same prison system we throw the black kids into, then you can come back and talk to me.

He had sex with a teen who was a willing participant.

For which he plead guilty and served a sentence prosecutors agreed to.

The a judge decided he didn't like that deal. A judge who was dating a woman 30 years his junior, by the way.

Chomos often say their victims are willing participants.

The judge was right if the plea agreement didn't include Hard Time in a maximum security penitentiary. Mr. Polanski drugged the child before sodomizing her.

BTW, look at what the Cos got, and his victims were adults.

This was a child.

Who, if anyone, the judge was dating is immaterial. He wasn't molesting a child.

Chomos often say their victims are willing participants.

The judge was right if the plea agreement didn't include Hard Time in a maximum security penitentiary. Mr. Polanski drugged the child before sodomizing her.
Except that's not what the prosecutors agreed to. The prosecutors agreed to a 90 day evaluation and probation.

If they felt that wasn't good enough, then they should have never agreed to a plea. But the thing was, they did. So did the attorney's for the so-called victim. The only one who wanted Polanski to go to jail was this judge, who violated the ethics of canon by having ex-partie communications with people in the prosecutors office not involved in the case.

BTW, look at what the Cos got, and his victims were adults.
Cosby's conviction was thrown out because of prosecutorial misconduct. (In short, they promised him immunity from criminal prosecution to settle a civil lawsuit, and then used testimony in the civil lawsuit to go after him.)

I thought that case was a bit absurd, too. They essentially stood the law on its head to get this guy because he was a celebrity.

Who, if anyone, the judge was dating is immaterial. He wasn't molesting a child.

No, he was having an affair with a much younger woman... which clearly colored his thinking on the case.

Not really. It's just how the system treats them. White kids get probation... black kids get jail.
Based primarily onto the social/cultural background of the delinquent, so no surprise there.
When we start throwing the white suburban kids into the same prison system we throw the black kids into, then you can come back and talk to me.
No you desperately need to volunteer to start those classes, telling you black petty-theft friends, that they will face prison time, and to stop yapping about their childhood issues.
Stop just complaining and emboldening yourself onto theoretical concepts - but actually do something practical for the black society that fits your personal convictions. - then you can come back and talk to me.

Forum List

Back