Is sequestration a serious problem or all HYPE?

On an absolute scale is sequestration a good thing or a bad thing?

• Its a great thing. It cuts spending. End of story.

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Its okay, but could have been done better

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Its about 50/50 between good and bad

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Its more of a bad thing. Too disruptive

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Its terrible. Now is not the time to cut spending.

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
The GOP says that sequestration is no big deal, it happened lots of times before with good results.

The dems say it will impact services etc.

Lets take a poll to see who is drinking the Kool-Aid.

Obama paints a picture of doom and gloom....
Runs down a list of all the "BAD" things that are gonna happen.

Maybe a week later he gives a speech saying...

Most people won't notice any change the first week.
Or the second week.
Or the third week
Or the fourth week.....

We went from the end of the world to most people wont notice any change at all....

WTF....

:eek:

Besides the sheep that voted for him and the media does anyone believe the crap this guy dishes out....

Well the sheep and media are in his back pocket,so I guess that leaves the rest of us that don't but into his schtick..

Last edited:
I know that we need to cut spending but...

Did it have to start by laying off the Pope?

It is bad. We need more borrowing and spending now. The US government is the employer of last resort. Lets put people to work. NOW!

Cutting spending now is fucking stupid.

But aren't we borrowing and spending now?....
And it isn't working!
So we should do more of it?..... :cuckoo:

The GOP says that sequestration is no big deal, it happened lots of times before with good results.

The dems say it will impact services etc.

Lets take a poll to see who is drinking the Kool-Aid.

No one knows the outcome. Or no one who knows is talking. Some I'm sure have an idea, but rather than share they will turn a profit.

Everyone knows the outcome, a big pile of nothing.

So you believe its 'outcome' will be like one of your posts.

It's terrible, but not for the reason given in the poll question. It SHOULD be worked out so that deeper cuts are made to the programs that can better afford them; having mindless cuts across the board is just stupid.

:clap2: While I don't agree, at least this is a reasonable argument. :clap2:

It's terrible, but not for the reason given in the poll question. It SHOULD be worked out so that deeper cuts are made to the programs that can better afford them; having mindless cuts across the board is just stupid.

please --- been talked in circles --- there are no CUTS --- only cuts to increases... as if Obama would EVER make a cut...

NO LEADERSHIP at the TOP

Someone doesn't understand the difference between nominal amounts and real amounts.

I have a hard time believing that a 10% across-the-board cut is not going to be felt.

please --- been talked in circles --- there are no CUTS --- only cuts to increases... as if Obama would EVER make a cut...

NO LEADERSHIP at the TOP

Someone doesn't understand the difference between nominal amounts and real amounts.

A small cut is better than a small increase. I'm even in favor of the "penny a year cut", whereby we cut 1% a year from the Budget until it balances. My "no brainer" budget item cut is foreign aid, closely followed by eliminating all subsidies.

Small tax increases would help that along. My favorite tax increases are to eliminate tax loop-holes, capital gains, I'd impose a transaction tax on Wall Street, and I'd go after off-shore tax cheats, like Wellstone tried to do.

A 1.4% reduction is not a big deal, anyway, all it is is a reduction in spending increase.

NO LEADERSHIP at the TOP

A small cut is better than a small increase. I'm even in favor of the "penny a year cut", whereby we cut 1% a year from the Budget until it balances. My "no brainer" budget item cut is foreign aid, closely followed by eliminating all subsidies.

Small tax increases would help that along. My favorite tax increases are to eliminate tax loop-holes, capital gains, I'd impose a transaction tax on Wall Street, and I'd go after off-shore tax cheats, like Wellstone tried to do.

I think we do need to balance the budget in the medium term, but there really isn't any reason we have to rushing this along. There are plenty of subsidies I'm sure we could find common ground on eliminating, along with changes to the tax code to make it more transparent.

Who thinks you can spend $20,000,000,000,000.00 more than you have and NOT "feel" the impact on the economy trying to fix the record?

Last edited:
Please.

The deficit as a percentage of GDP getting SMALLER.

Taxes are not higher for you or me.

Stop fucking lying.

1) If deficit is getting smaller in comparison to GDP it IS because of taxation.. because spending is NOT reduced
2) Taxes are higher for me and most everyone
3) You, as proven SO many times, are the fucking liar

Please.

The deficit as a percentage of GDP getting SMALLER.

Taxes are not higher for you or me.

Stop fucking lying.

1) If deficit is getting smaller in comparison to GDP it IS because of taxation.. because spending is NOT reduced
2) Taxes are higher for me and most everyone
3) You, as proven SO many times, are the fucking liar

It doesn't matter if the deficit is getting smaller as a portion of GDP, what matters is that the debt is increasing.

Forum List

Back