Is sex ed working? Risky gay sex increasing as well as HIV infections

Not one of the above posts asks the obvious question: Why?

It could be that many gay men live in the moment because a large sement of the population hates them (without knowing them) and Jefferson's words don't apply to them - We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness

So let me get this right...

It's not suprising that gays spread HIV ---- because they feel hated...

Unbelievable...

Very few people hate gays. A lot of people hate their immoral behavior. The real problem is that they live in a world with little to no accountability. Drug use runs rampant. Illegal behavior is a staple to the community. Now, I'm not saying that all gays are druggie criminals, but especially among the younger ones - there is a CERTAIN cooperative union of lack of accountability, drug use and crime. It is horrible that these youths are killing themselves.

Promiscuous sex is definitely a staple of the gay lifestyle. It is essential. It is part of who they are, even in the most committed of relationships there is an understanding that sexual freedom is available to both parties as long as they come home. Sexual activity is separate and apart from the lifetime committment.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/29/us/29sfmetro.html?_r=0

Gays see themselves as the spearhead of marriage innovation where even heterosexuals will set aside outdated concepts like fidelity. No longer will couples be tied to religious based harmful notions by calling it affairs or cheating.

Interesting idea. Very harmful, but quite interesting. If societal destruction is the goal, it's perfect.

Promiscuous sex is definitely a staple of the gay lifestyle. It is essential. It is part of who they are, even in the most committed of relationships there is an understanding that sexual freedom is available to both parties as long as they come home. Sexual activity is separate and apart from the lifetime committment.

Gays see themselves as the spearhead of marriage innovation where even heterosexuals will set aside outdated concepts like fidelity. No longer will couples be tied to religious based harmful notions by calling it affairs or cheating.

Interesting idea. Very harmful, but quite interesting. If societal destruction is the goal, it's perfect.

wow, sounds like the makings of the fall of Rome....

...and these lefties don't see the logic in stopping immoral behavior...

Hmmmmmmmmmm.....and, this impacts you, HOW???

Monetary costs and opportunity cost. THe money spent treating HIV could be used on illnesses not entirely preventable. And the time spent on AIDs research could be used on other research.

Stand-down, Skippy.

March 3, 2013

Baby Born With HIV; Cured??

"A baby born with the AIDS virus two years ago in Mississippi who was put on antiretroviral therapy within hours of birth appears to have been cured of the infection, researchers said Sunday at a scientific conference in Atlanta.

Whether the cure is complete and permanent, or only partial and long-lasting, is not certain. Either way, the highly unusual case raises hope for the more than 300,000 babies born with the infection around the world each year."

827.gif
827.gif
827.gif
827.gif
827.gif
Other libs on here blamed gay lack of conform use increase on conservatives preventing sex education despite the increases in HIV n France the uk and Australia

Meh, i dont think aids is on the rise because of hate.

Condom use is lowest among people over the age of 19. Only roughly 50% of the population regularly use condoms, and I'd bet if you break that down men in general are less likely to insist on condoms. Add to that ,that many people don't use condoms properly when they do use them, and it makes sense that aids is on the rise.

It could be that many gay men live in the moment because a large sement of the population hates them (without knowing them) and Jefferson's words don't apply to them - We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness

Unbelievable...

Very few people hate gays. A lot of people hate their immoral behavior. The real problem is that they live in a world with little to no accountability. Drug use runs rampant. Illegal behavior is a staple to the community. Now, I'm not saying that all gays are druggie criminals, but especially among the younger ones - there is a CERTAIN cooperative union of lack of accountability, drug use and crime. It is horrible that these youths are killing themselves.

I posted a possible explanation, you took it to the extreme. Likely there are many factors a sagacious observer would proffer for the risky behavior of some members of the gay community. I offered only one.

As a Bay Area Law Enforcement Officer I had numerous contacts with gays and lesbians, perps, victims and witnesses. Guess what, they are no different than the general popoulation in terms of social behaviors. What they do in private is their right, as long as it impacts no one beyond their front door.

wow, sounds like the makings of the fall of Rome....

...and these lefties don't see the logic in stopping immoral behavior...

Fall of Rome. Fall of Egypt. Fall of lots of places since the fall of Soddom and Gamorrah. No one could really destroy the concept of a monagamous faithful marriage without the active participation of eveyone. Before fidelity could be removed from marriage vows, we have to first accept an outrageous divorce rate and serial polygamy. People have to divested of the entire idea that they should expect a faithful partner. Children are supported and parented by the state.

The destruction of social fabric was the subject of philosophy since Plato's Republic when Plato's class of philosophers were challenged with the idea of creating the perfect society. One of the mandates of the perfect society was that no one may refuse a kiss, from youth or maiden. Refusing was against the law and would be punished. Likewise, no mother or father would know his child, and no child would know its parent.

It's the quest for the perfectly constructed society and it's been going on for hundreds and hundreds of years.

Unbelievable...

I posted a possible explanation, you took it to the extreme. Likely there are many factors a sagacious observer would proffer for the risky behavior of some members of the gay community. I offered only one.

As a Bay Area Law Enforcement Officer I had numerous contacts with gays and lesbians, perps, victims and witnesses. Guess what, they are no different than the general popoulation in terms of social behaviors. What they do in private is their right, as long as it impacts no one beyond their front door.

I only had the one you offered to work witgh there buddy...
I guess if you wanted to justify immorality you should have picked "one" that actually was a justification for bad behavior ---- as if it existed.

Unbelievable...

Now why would these youths be killing themselves if so few people hated them?

You really don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Unbelievable...

Now why would these youths be killing themselves if so few people hated them?

You really don't have a clue what you're talking about.

They kill themselves by having unprotected sex, using deadly drugs, and commiting crimes. You wish I didn't have a clue as to what I'm talking about. ...and regardless of what you think - it is not the people who are hated it's their behavior.

Their behavior is where their downfall begins. It has nothing to do with people hating them. At has to do more with their own guilt than other people hating them...

It's a pathetic excuse to not be accountable for their own actions. It's always somebody else's fault that they use drugs, steal, lie, cheat, have unprotected sex, etc.

Those are their choices!!!!

Wait, lets clear something up. There is zero evidence that gay men have more unprotected sex than straight men. They simply have more anal sex, and its easier to get HIV via anal sex.

I didn't even know that was cloudy...

...and sure hell don't know what it has to do with this conversation...

Wait, lets clear something up. There is zero evidence that gay men have more unprotected sex than straight men. They simply have more anal sex, and its easier to get HIV via anal sex.

Shocked you even admit that. Most liberals live In a pc fantasy world they everyone is equally susceptible to HIV .

Last edited:
Everyone is equally susceptible to contract HIV.

The worst thing you can do is teach your child that HIV is a gay thing. It's easier to contract HIV via anal, but gay men aren't the only people having anal sex, and easier doesn't mean impossible to contract it via vaginal sex.

The worst thing you can do is teach your child that HIV is a gay thing. It's easier to contract HIV via anal, but gay men aren't the only people having anal sex, and easier doesn't mean impossible to contract it via vaginal sex.

Wrong...

You have to exude the same risky behavior in large groups (like the homsexual community) in order to have the same susceptibility. A single anal encounter among a heterosexual community carries a much smaller chance to contract HIV than a single anal encounter among a homosexual communtiy.

Wrong...

You have to exude the same risky behavior in large groups (like the homsexual community) in order to have the same susceptibility. A single anal encounter among a heterosexual community carries a much smaller chance to contract HIV than a single anal encounter among a homosexual communtiy.

That, is total bullshit.

However, if that's the claim your making then you need to prove that its easier to contract HIV during anal sex if both partners are male.

There is no evidence that there is comparable social impetus among heterosexual men to acquire AIDS like there is among gay men.

PGN-The Philadelphia Gay News. Phila gay news. philly news - Bug chasers

Where he worked and lived was of no consequence, only that it was relative to people with whom he was having sex.

The idea that all of a person's life is ancillary to their sex life is more prevalent among gays than heterosexuals. Sex is all they are, it consumes them. Everything else is secondary.

Would you willingly have unprotected sex with an HIV infected person? But I digress, it shouldn't matter. The law should just exist. And it should be criminally prosecuted.
Would I? No. But it's not against the law to have sex with someone who has HIV/AIDS.

As I've repeatedly said, it IS agaisnt the law, and it has been prosecuted before. Making a new specific "HIV" law won't change how often its prosecuted.

Wrong- it would make a difference. Law enforcement is often frustrated by jurisdictional differences in laws that prevent prosecutions.

Without a law there is no "against the law". There are a few areas in the country that do have specific laws that help prosecute- but I am talking about legislation that can get signed in each state- period.

So this law you want would apply only to HIV and not ALL STDs?

Wrong...

That, is total bullshit.

However, if that's the claim your making then you need to prove that its easier to contract HIV during anal sex if both partners are male.

It's not because both are male that my statement is true. It's because more parters have had unprotected anal sex. If you take a sampling of both straight and gay partners and compare number of anal sex experiences per person the number goes WAAAAAAAY up in the gay crowd. If you introduce one HIV positive person into both samplings, it spreads through the gay group at an astounding rate, while the heterosexual group will stay contained. THAT increases the likelyhood of contracting exponentially among gays...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back