is ted cruz eligible to run ??

It's a credit to republicans that Cruz's birth and personal history is open to the public. Too bad democrats don't have the same consideration for the American public. John McCain was not born in the continental US but they made an exception because his father was a Navy Admiral and he was born in the Panama Canal Zone.
they didn't make an exception. nobody can. either it's law or not. either it's settled law or not. i have said from the beginning,
He's as eligible as Obama

there, someone finally named it.

I would argue that he can. The founders clearly recognized the legislatures authority to designate someone a natural born citizen. As they did in their changes to naturalization law.

Well, our laws recognize only two types of citizens: natural born (citizens at birth) and naturalized (citizens after birth). There is no third type.

Since Cruz was a US citizen at birth, he's natural born.
can he produce a long form birth certificate?

Goderich’s statement fails to explain why the “fact checking error” persisted for sixteen years, through at least three different versions of Jane Dystel’s website, and through at least four different versions of Obama’s biography.

Sure it does. It was a mistake. If they had known they had made the mistake, they would have taken it out of the pamphlet. If they didn't....it would persist until someone told them otherwise or they noticed themselves.

With one of the two apparently occurring around 2007.
Utter bullshit!

It's a credit to republicans that Cruz's birth and personal history is open to the public. Too bad democrats don't have the same consideration for the American public. John McCain was not born in the continental US but they made an exception because his father was a Navy Admiral and he was born in the Panama Canal Zone.
they didn't make an exception. nobody can. either it's law or not. either it's settled law or not. i have said from the beginning,

I would argue that he can. The founders clearly recognized the legislatures authority to designate someone a natural born citizen. As they did in their changes to naturalization law.

Well, our laws recognize only two types of citizens: natural born (citizens at birth) and naturalized (citizens after birth). There is no third type.

No. He has been unable to produce a original 53 year old birth certificate.

Goderich’s statement fails to explain why the “fact checking error” persisted for sixteen years, through at least three different versions of Jane Dystel’s website, and through at least four different versions of Obama’s biography.

Sure it does. It was a mistake. If they had known they had made the mistake, they would have taken it out of the pamphlet. If they didn't....it would persist until someone told them otherwise or they noticed themselves.

With one of the two apparently occurring around 2007.
Utter bullshit!

Says you. Miriam Goderich clearly backs my account of the information in the pamphlet being an error.

She's an eye witness. You're nobody.

No. He has been unable to produce a original 53 year old birth certificate.

So? The Birther 'original piece of paper from 53 years ago' standard isn't a legal standard. Cruz can have a certified copy printed off at the appropriate Canadian government agency (The Bureau of Records and Syrup, or something) and it establishes the circumstances of his birth beyond any reasonable doubt.

Which thread is that? And remember, you're a confirmed liar

Yes, confirmed by a pack of liberals fist pumping each other off

Confirmed by you....unless you can show me where I said that the British Prime Minister and British Intelligence were liars.

Or.....perhaps it was a mistake. Pick which.

You haven't denied it either

Maybe Kaz is just confused about the 'facts' and 'lies'

If I were to claim you are a wife beater- that would be a lie- because I have no evidence that you are a wife beater.

It doesn't get to be changed to a 'fact' just because you have never denied being a wife beater. It is still a lie.

Kaz....do you have anything beyond innuendo and speculation?

Yes:

Barack Obama, the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review, was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii. The son of an American anthropologist and a Kenyan finance minister, he attended Columbia University and worked as a financial journalist and editor for Business International Corporation. He served as project coordinator in Harlem for the New York Public Interest Research Group, and was Executive Director of the Developing Communities Project in Chicago’s South Side. His commitment to social and racial issues will be evident in his first book, Journeys in Black and White.

And as you well know;

"This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me--an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote in an emailed statement to Yahoo News. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

Miriam Goderich
abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/born-kenya-obamas-literary-agent-misidentified-birthplace-1991/story?id=16372566

So who, pray tell has claimed that Obama told them he was born Kenya?
Simple, Obama told them.

Well the racist, anti-semite Birther doesn't disappoint- once again- speculation, innnuendo, lies.

Ah, but she DID say who it wasn't:

"There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii.

Miriam Goderich

That doesn't actually say it wasn't Obama, it just says she has no knowledge it was him

How ironic coming from the person who complained about 'parsing'

What she said was very, very clear:

"There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii.

Only a severe sufferer of ODS would try to parse that to mean anything but what she said.

Confirmed by you....unless you can show me where I said that the British Prime Minister and British Intelligence were liars.

I've never commented on it one way or the other. But that wasn't your version, was it?

"Why do you accept a half story from a fact checker who by her own statement can't fact check a blurb when fact checking is her job on blind faith and you call the British PM and British intelligence liars when you like Wilson have zero knowledge of what they based their intelligence on? Hypocrisy much?

Kaz

I didn't say any of that. And you can't quote me saying it.

So......were you lying when you made that statement? Or were you mistaken?

Pick one.

I said what you said, and you haven't denied it's your position, so why should I prove what you aren't denying?

I'm going to repost what you just replied to. And I'm going to highlight a specific portion in red and bold, as you're clearly avoiding it. And I don't want you to be able to say you didn't read it;

I've never commented on it one way or the other. But that wasn't your version, was it?

"Why do you accept a half story from a fact checker who by her own statement can't fact check a blurb when fact checking is her job on blind faith and you call the British PM and British intelligence liars when you like Wilson have zero knowledge of what they based their intelligence on? Hypocrisy much?

Kaz

Pick one.

Exactly, I'm saying that is your position, you don't deny that is your position, there is nothing to show from there as long as you continue to confirm I'm right

Kaz is just lying about your position.

Just another in a string of such examples.

My 'position'? That's not what you said just a post ago [bold added for emphasis]:

More children's games from you. I stated your position based on your status as a liberal drone.

Wow- what a bizarre rationalization for you lying.

No different- no less a lie- than if I said:
Kaz tortures small animals. I base that on his status as compulsive liar.

Her statement is clear as a bell

Obama did not say to me, me or other people I won’t identify, that he was born in Kenya. I’m not saying if I know who did actually write it or not, I'm not saying if I wrote it or not and I’m not saying why anyone thought that was true and wrote it down. I’m also not saying why I did not fact check the claim even though it was my job to do so.

Thank you for your time, and I hope this clears up all confusion on the matter.

Miriam

Yep, clears up you're a sheep, but nothing else

Her actual statement is clear to any but a deranged Birther or ODS sufferer.

Obama did not say to me, me or other people I won’t identify, that he was born in Kenya. I’m not saying if I know who did actually write it or not, I'm not saying if I wrote it or not and I’m not saying why anyone thought that was true and wrote it down. I’m also not saying why I did not fact check the claim even though it was my job to do so.

I believe 'any of his correspondence or other communications' covers it nicely.

Miriam Goderich

You say it was Obama that told her he was born in Kenya. She says it wasn't.

Who am I to believe...the woman who was there? Or the confirmed liar whose story about 'quotes' changes with virtually every recitation....and has no direct knowledge of anything he's saying?

Sorry, Kaz.....but any rational person is going to go with Miriam.

Yes, you go with the one who gives cryptic half answers and is a self professed incompetent. Why? Because you believe her? No, because you want to.

You believe your fantasy conjecture and speculation, and refuse to evidence.

Why? Because you cannot accept any version but your fantasy version.

You can't handle the truth.

If I were to claim you are a wife beater- that would be a lie- because I have no evidence that you are a wife beater.

It doesn't get to be changed to a 'fact' just because you have never denied being a wife beater. It is still a lie.

He's even more fucked than that. As in addition to attributing a position to me I've never uttered, he's claimed he's quoting what I said.

And that is an outright lie. As I've said no such thing.

Miriam

Yep, clears up you're a sheep, but nothing else

Her actual statement is clear to any but a deranged Birther or ODS sufferer.

She needs to release the original correspondence between her and Obama. It will shed light on what gave her the notion to state Obama (then unknown to the masses) was born in Kenya in that pamphlet.

What does it matter? He's a loon and doesn't have a chance in a general election.

Oh, and when are you going to admit I never said of this?

Kaz

Where you mistaken when you claimed I said this? Or were you just lying?

You're quibbling over the wording. Do you believe W spoke the truth and the Democrats are wrong?

If I knew he beats up women and surmised he probably beats up his wife, then that would not be a lie, which is what I did according to your analogy

Kaz

Pick one.

I said what you said, and you haven't denied it's your position, so why should I prove what you aren't denying?

I'm going to repost what you just replied to. And I'm going to highlight a specific portion in red and bold, as you're clearly avoiding it. And I don't want you to be able to say you didn't read it;

Kaz

Pick one.

Exactly, I'm saying that is your position, you don't deny that is your position, there is nothing to show from there as long as you continue to confirm I'm right

Kaz is just lying about your position.

Just another in a string of such examples.

Actually he hasn't denied that it is his position

Forum List

Back