Is the Bible right, are we sheep?

• yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Baa baa

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
You are prey. Now just pray and you will get hooked.
Whoa! Hold on thar, Hoss! Check please!

I am a reformed southern baptist, VERY reformed. That other thread defined me as a defacto athiest, cuz as a scientist I cannot deny the possibility of a God, just most likely not your God.

Who is your shepherd then, science?
For most non religious, its their reason.

So reason is your shepherd?
My reasoning is what guides me.

Not yours, or anyone elses.

Is science reason?

I am a reformed southern baptist, VERY reformed. That other thread defined me as a defacto athiest, cuz as a scientist I cannot deny the possibility of a God, just most likely not your God.

Is science reason?
No, science is observation and experiment.

Matthew 4:19 ~ And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.

That makes us prey

Sheep is looking better all the time.

No dummy, science is my religion. We don't have a shepherd, just posers. We DO have shepherds of the week!

Is science reason?

Not based in reason?
Not based in my reason...but based in whomever the observor is's reason that's doing the science at the time and then held up to scrutiny under a plethora of folks' reason to determine if it withstands adequate scrutiny or does not.

Matthew 4:19 ~ And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.

That makes us prey

No dummy, science is my religion. We don't have a shepherd, just posers. We DO have shepherds of the week!

How is that global warming working for ya! Thanks science!

How's North Korea looking with their WMD's! Thanks science!

Seem like you need a bit of wisdom to go along with all that science. In fact, science is arguably on the verge of wiping out all life on earth because it lacks wisdom, much like the tree in the Garden of Eden that was dubbed "knowledge of good and evil".

Is that "reasonable"?

Is science reason?

Not based in reason?
Not based in my reason...but based in whomever the observor is's reason that's doing the science at the time and then held up to scrutiny under a plethora of folks' reason to determine if it withstands adequate scrutiny or does not.

So science is based upon reason.

Glad we can agree.

Says the guy who claims everyone he disagrees with is an idiot.

Maybe he is right.

If so, he wins a cookie!
My God says we are all created equally in His image and are to treat one another as we wish to get treated.

The left parse people up into tiny compartments calling half of them idiots the other half incapable of self maintenance.
Half is not tiny

Wanna try that again?

The conservative "mind" is a terrible thing to waste
You've exceeded your daily stupid post limit.
There it is!

The guy who yells that people call people idiots is the actual one doing so.

its genius!!!
#1 rule of conservatism

• Thanks
Reactions: GT

Is science reason?

Not based in reason?

Glad we can agree.
Dont do that "so then" and then inject whatever you feel like.....thats how twats talk to one another....theres no need to be a twat.

Science is simply a tool. Its based on repeatable experimentation & results. Its a "reasonable" tool, but to say its "based on reason" is extrapolating too much. Its "based on" results.

My reason is my shepherd.

My reason says Religion is a manipulative tool based on fiction.

Science is a tool that can be used to verify my reasoning, but is not based on it.

That makes us prey

Lots of new gadgets & the the technology is driving the world economy. Lots of science research is being funded. Good stuff!

You're welcome

Seem like you need a bit of wisdom to go along with all that science. In fact, science is arguably on the verge of wiping out all life on earth because it lacks wisdom, much like the tree in the Garden of Eden that was dubbed "knowledge of good and evil".

You sound like a conservative, so perhaps I might need to lower the syllable count. Get an adult to tell you about how science will never launch a single missile.

Do you blame the gun for violence?

Is that "reasonable"?

Nuclear war will not wipe out all life.

That makes us prey

Is that "reasonable"?
You really have no leg to stand on with this garbage if you believe your god is who's made it all possible

shit, if only he'da thoughta making atoms non splittable lol

That makes us prey

Its not necessarily good to use science as a religion. Its still tunnel vision. Just a different kind.

That makes us prey

Its not necessarily good to use science as a religion. Its still tunnel vision. Just a different kind.
Perhaps but the claim drives the religionists absolutely crazy

Is science reason?

Not based in reason?

Glad we can agree.
Dont do that "so then" and then inject whatever you feel like.....thats how twats talk to one another....theres no need to be a twat.

Science is simply a tool. Its based on repeatable experimentation & results. Its a "reasonable" tool, but to say its "based on reason" is extrapolating too much. Its "based on" results.

What....wut?

Your god is a tool?

That makes us prey

So let me ask you about this quote from Darwin

“With savages, the weak in body or mind are soon eliminated; and those that survive commonly exhibit a vigorous state of health. We civilised men, on the other hand, do our utmost to check the process of elimination; we build asylums for the imbecile, the maimed, and the sick; we institute poor-laws; and our medical men exert their utmost skill to save the life of every one to the last moment. There is reason to believe that vaccination has preserved thousands, who from a weak constitution would formerly have succumbed to small-pox. Thus the weak members of civilised societies propagate their kind. No one who has attended to the breeding of domestic animals will doubt that this must be highly injurious to the race of man. It is surprising how soon a want of care, or care wrongly directed, leads to the degeneration of a domestic race; but excepting in the case of man himself, hardly any one is so ignorant as to allow his worst animals to breed.

The aid which we feel impelled to give to the helpless is mainly an incidental result of the instinct of sympathy, which was originally acquired as part of the social instincts, but subsequently rendered, in the manner previously indicated, more tender and more widely diffused. Nor could we check our sympathy, if so urged by hard reason, without deterioration in the noblest part of our nature. The surgeon may harden himself whilst performing an operation, for he knows that he is acting for the good of his patient; but if we were intentionally to neglect the weak and helpless, it could only be for a contingent benefit, with a certain and great present evil. Hence we must bear without complaining the undoubtedly bad effects of the weak surviving and propagating their kind; but there appears to be at least one check in steady action, namely the weaker and inferior members of society not marrying so freely as the sound; and this check might be indefinitely increased, though this is more to be hoped for than expected, by the weak in body or mind refraining from marriage.”

Charles Darwin, The Descent of Man

One the one hand, Darwin seems to believe in eugenics. If you want a certain kind of live stock that is healthy and strong, then you breed them a certain way.

On the other hand, mankind is allowed to have the weak breed to make the gene pool weaker.

Should this policy be changed? Should we breed human beings like we do animals for a better result? Darwin seems to think that helping the genetically inferior is "noble". I'm fascinated by this reasoning that seems to be more derived from the Bible than from science.

Not based in reason?

Glad we can agree.

What....wut?

Your god is a tool?
I dont have a god, wanna try again

That makes us prey

So let me ask you about this quote from Darwin

“With savages, the weak in body or mind are soon eliminated; and those that survive commonly exhibit a vigorous state of health. We civilised men, on the other hand, do our utmost to check the process of elimination; we build asylums for the imbecile, the maimed, and the sick; we institute poor-laws; and our medical men exert their utmost skill to save the life of every one to the last moment. There is reason to believe that vaccination has preserved thousands, who from a weak constitution would formerly have succumbed to small-pox. Thus the weak members of civilised societies propagate their kind. No one who has attended to the breeding of domestic animals will doubt that this must be highly injurious to the race of man. It is surprising how soon a want of care, or care wrongly directed, leads to the degeneration of a domestic race; but excepting in the case of man himself, hardly any one is so ignorant as to allow his worst animals to breed.

The aid which we feel impelled to give to the helpless is mainly an incidental result of the instinct of sympathy, which was originally acquired as part of the social instincts, but subsequently rendered, in the manner previously indicated, more tender and more widely diffused. Nor could we check our sympathy, if so urged by hard reason, without deterioration in the noblest part of our nature. The surgeon may harden himself whilst performing an operation, for he knows that he is acting for the good of his patient; but if we were intentionally to neglect the weak and helpless, it could only be for a contingent benefit, with a certain and great present evil. Hence we must bear without complaining the undoubtedly bad effects of the weak surviving and propagating their kind; but there appears to be at least one check in steady action, namely the weaker and inferior members of society not marrying so freely as the sound; and this check might be indefinitely increased, though this is more to be hoped for than expected, by the weak in body or mind refraining from marriage.”

Charles Darwin, The Descent of Man

One the one hand, Darwin seems to believe in eugenics. If you want a certain kind of live stock that is healthy and strong, then you breed them a certain way.

On the other hand, mankind is allowed to have the weak breed to make the gene pool weaker.

Should this policy be changed? Should we breed human beings like we do animals for a better result? Darwin seems to think that helping the genetically inferior is "noble". I'm fascinated by this reasoning that seems to be more derived from the Bible than from science.
"should we" is subjective

"better result" is subjective.

malformed question.

Not based in reason?

Glad we can agree.

What....wut?

Your god is a tool?

Yes, just like Adam and Eve in the garden being asked by the snake, "Do you want to be as gods?" They became their own gods.

Does that mean you are not a sheep? I was tallying the score on my questionnaire and it seems no one has voted against the notion that we are all sheep. Do you disagree with this notion or do you agree with it thinking you are exempt?

Glad we can agree.

What....wut?

Your god is a tool?

Yes, just like Adam and Eve in the garden being asked by the snake, "Do you want to be as gods?" They became their own gods.

Does that mean you are not a sheep? I was tallying the score on my questionnaire and it seems no one has voted against the notion that we are all sheep. Do you disagree with this notion or do you agree with it thinking you are exempt?
My reasoning is me.

So, in so far as I lead myself and my decisions..

im safe to say....nope, not a sheep.

You mad?

Forum List

Back