• Yes

Votes: 24 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • It can be, I'll explain in my post.

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What good is a job that doesn't pay the bills? You can't have it both ways. People need to make enough money to participate in the economy, I'm not a huge fan of people who come in here and talk a lot of shit about bootstraps.

A job that doesn't pay the bills is no good, but NO one is obligated to work in such a job. And, if a person has made such poor choices that their choices are limited, it is incumbent on them to make better choices and get a better job. You may believe it's a lot of "shit" to talk about bootstraps, but it's a REALITY that you are not owed a job and an employer will not give you a job just because you exist. You have to show some potential to help the employer to make a profit and if you don't have the training, attitude and ability, you'll just have to sit at your computer and whine about people talking about bootstraps.

Your first sentence rendered you impotent.

Great is the truth and it prevails.
His first sentence was absolutely true.

A job that doesn't pay the bills is no good, but NO one is obligated to work in such a job. And, if a person has made such poor choices that their choices are limited, it is incumbent on them to make better choices and get a better job. You may believe it's a lot of "shit" to talk about bootstraps, but it's a REALITY that you are not owed a job and an employer will not give you a job just because you exist. You have to show some potential to help the employer to make a profit and if you don't have the training, attitude and ability, you'll just have to sit at your computer and whine about people talking about bootstraps.

What's this fascination with the magic of 'good choice?' People make bad choices too otherwise good choices would be meaningless.

And to reduce a person's lot in life to only choices is nonsensical. The person / talent, the place / opportunity and the timiing is closer to the truth of the matter. No matter what choices Jeb the Janitor makes in life, he only has a skill set that amounts to manual labor. Yet you want to see him suffer pay check to pay check without benefits b/c of some illusory choice he never had.

And yes. We are owed jobs. Well paid jobs with benefits. That's how the country's economy operates. But the rank and file on the right keeps rolling over to the bad monied elite when it comes to pay and benefits. The gravy from productivity goes to only a few. The income and wealth disparity in this country is awful. but that's ok, the rich earned it. Labor, which does all the work, gets no respect. Lovely.
there you go again.
Janitors can train themselves for other tasks. Anyone can develop skills that others will pay for.

I never saw where anyone is owned anything in this country. Please point it out in any document.
Here, knock yourself out:
Transcript of the Constitution of the United States - Official Text

And don't forget to pour over the US supreme court case law as well. And then review the federal statues emanating from the Constitution.

"B/c I want it in writing! Where does it say that people should treat other people like human beings? Where?"

hahahahaha.

Again son, put down the Ayn Rand, She's nowheresvillel. Shalom

Oh one more thing, I almost forgot, you misunderstood my post in its entirety. Try reading it again.

Last edited:

Your first sentence rendered you impotent.

Great is the truth and it prevails.
His first sentence was absolutely true.

I'm sorry, I didn't make myself clear...I was talking about your first sentence...not his.

What's this fascination with the magic of 'good choice?' People make bad choices too otherwise good choices would be meaningless.

And to reduce a person's lot in life to only choices is nonsensical. The person / talent, the place / opportunity and the timiing is closer to the truth of the matter. No matter what choices Jeb the Janitor makes in life, he only has a skill set that amounts to manual labor. Yet you want to see him suffer pay check to pay check without benefits b/c of some illusory choice he never had.

And yes. We are owed jobs. Well paid jobs with benefits. That's how the country's economy operates. But the rank and file on the right keeps rolling over to the bad monied elite when it comes to pay and benefits. The gravy from productivity goes to only a few. The income and wealth disparity in this country is awful. but that's ok, the rich earned it. Labor, which does all the work, gets no respect. Lovely.
there you go again.
Janitors can train themselves for other tasks. Anyone can develop skills that others will pay for.

I never saw where anyone is owned anything in this country. Please point it out in any document.

And don't forget to pour over the US supreme court case law as well. And then review the federal statues emanating from the Constitution.

"B/c I want it in writing! Where does it say that people should treat other people like human beings? Where?"

hahahahaha.

Oh one more thing, I almost forgot, you misunderstood my post in its entirety. Try reading it again.

In other words you're an ignorant blowhard who can't back up anything he says.
Thanks for playing, dumbo. On to iggy you go.

there you go again.

hahahahaha.

Rabbi's reading comprehension shortcoming is now apparent to more and more posters.

there you go again.

hahahahaha.

You're child. Go play somewhere else.

I gave you instructions. Hell, I gave you a link to the constitution / bill of rights. If you can't handle it, don't blame me. You got what you wanted.

Last edited:

hahahahaha.

I gave you instructions. Hell, I gave you a link to the constitution / bill of rights. If you can't handle it, don't blame me. You got what you wanted.

I was looking through the constitution, but I couldn't find: give people good jobs with good wages in it.

heres a good book, written by a conservative editor at large at Breitbart, discussing how BOTH parties are corrupt to the core: Author of 'Extortion' Book Draws Heat From Boehner's Office - NationalJournal.com

Yes they are.

This is why we have the Taxed Enough already party which is a movement and not a party.
They are voting out the people who are part of that corruption.
This is why they are being falsely accused, demonized and lied about.
Until most of the country wakes up and realizes that Progressives in both parties need to be fired, the corruption will continue.

heres a good book, written by a conservative editor at large at Breitbart, discussing how BOTH parties are corrupt to the core: Author of 'Extortion' Book Draws Heat From Boehner's Office - NationalJournal.com

Yes they are.

This is why we have the Taxed Enough already party which is a movement and not a party.
Until most of the country wakes up and realizes that Progressives in both parties need to be fired, the corruption will continue.

you had me until that gobbledegook of a last sentence lol. :thup:

I was looking through the constitution, but I couldn't find: give people good jobs with good wages in it.

Yes it's in there. See power to regulate commerce. See general welfare clause. See power to tax and spend whatever it takes to execute the powers granted to government listed therein, such as defense. See power to tax even personal income.

Yes they are.

I agree 100% with "voting out the people who are part of that corruption" part but so far their replacements are not ready for prime time. Definitely room for improvement in that respect.

Yes they are.

I agree 100% with "voting out the people who are part of that corruption" part but so far their replacements are not ready for prime time. Definitely room for improvement in that respect.

Yep ! I agree with you on that.

Yes they are.

you had me until that gobbledegook of a last sentence lol. :thup:

What do you think uninformed voters are?

Forum List

Back