Is the new Disinformation Governance Board constitutional? (Poll)

Is the new Disinformation Governance Board constitutional?

• Yes

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • No

Votes: 57 96.6%

• Total voters
On its face, it feels like it would be unconstitutional. But the objective is not what we might initially think. Combating foreign propaganda warfare is a legitimate aim and activity for the federal government, and it does not in any way infringe upon Americans' free speech rights.

That being said, it's a very dangerous undertaking. On paper it's fine, but practice will be an entirely different matter. This board will likely turn into an exercise in balancing an anvil on a sewing needle, with tyranny being the result of a fall.
It I will never stay there. All it is required for something to be abused is the ability to abuse it.
What this Board will do is add official legitimacy to any effort to silence opposing points of view about any policy proposed by Biden and the democrats. Hunter Biden's laptop for example, that Board will claim that the story was mis- or dis-information and therefore it would be correct to bury the story. They'll simply say it's a story that originated in or by the Russians, Chinese, or whoever. It is a brazen attempt to control the political narrative about anything.
Exactly

If the Republicans take the house they'll get rid of that thing.

The Senate and Biden both have to agree to get rid of it via legislation, and I don't think the chances for that are very good. Maybe the better or only way until there's a GOP prez is to defund that Board, until the courts rule it unconstitutional. Which they will.

Unconstitutional. But who will be able to challenge it? I'll bet if any challenge is made, the courts will simply dismiss the case based on technicalities like the complaint was filed by someone that doesn't have proper standing: Nobody has standing to file a complaint, since it is outside of the Constitution to begin with.

Unconstitutional. But who will be able to challenge it? I'll bet if any challenge is made, the courts will simply dismiss the case based on technicalities like the complaint was filed by someone that doesn't have proper standing: Nobody has standing to file a complaint, since it is outside of the Constitution to begin with.

With the recent presidential election as a case in point, there is not the slightest chance that the Democrats consider the Consitution as anything other than an annoyance to be ignored.

With the recent presidential election as a case in point, there is not the slightest chance that the Democrats consider the Constitution as anything other than an annoyance to be ignored.
Can't the Republicans force the constitutional issue and get the courts to eliminate the "Truth Czar"?

Can't the Republicans force the constitutional issue and get the courts to eliminate the "Truth Czar"?

We've learned that the Democrats are not an American party.....so they feel no obligation to our law of the land.

But....isn't it better not to force the issue?

U.S. Army on Twitter: ""Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napoleon Bonaparte #quote" / Twitter.

The US is supposed have a "free press". The press are supposed to be publishers of truth.

I missed the part in the US Constitution where the Federal Government was given the Power to control "The Truth".

So I'm questioning the constitutionality of the new "Disinformation Governance Board". Is it constitutional?
Where's the FUCK NO!!! option?

The US is supposed have a "free press". The press are supposed to be publishers of truth.

I missed the part in the US Constitution where the Federal Government was given the Power to control "The Truth".

So I'm questioning the constitutionality of the new "Disinformation Governance Board". Is it constitutional?

Just more dem cheating....

We've learned that the Democrats are not an American party.....so they feel no obligation to our law of the land.
But....isn't it better not to force the issue?
U.S. Army on Twitter: ""Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napoleon Bonaparte #quote" / Twitter.
Playing with fire is never a good idea.
Suppose the "Truth Czar" hits the ground running and shuts down FXN?
Imagine FXN gone. Then its too late. Until any lawsuit winds its way thru the courts the country could be under marshal law or some other fake emergency. Space invaders? Pandemics? White supremacist's insurrection? A repeal of the 2nd Amendment and all guns have to be confiscated (except in cities). Who knows what messed up policies a Truth Czar could come up with especially with Myorkas providing DHS muscle.

Playing with fire is never a good idea.
Suppose the "Truth Czar" hits the ground running and shuts down FXN?
Imagine FXN gone. Then its too late. Until any lawsuit winds its way thru the courts the country could be under marshal law or some other fake emergency. Space invaders? Pandemics? White supremacist's insurrection? A repeal of the 2nd Amendment and all guns have to be confiscated (except in cities). Who knows what messed up policies a Truth Czar could come up with especially with Myorkas providing DHS muscle.

1. Let 'em try.
2. I haven't turned on Fox since they stabbed Trump in the back election night.
3. But if the Democrats try to shut down the Yankee network.....it's war!

It clearly is constitutional. The problem is that you use misinformation to describe what it is. The government can and should have a panel to monitor misinformation. The Russians have used misinformation to attack this country and have used Trump and supporters like you to distribute it.

Thanks. I thought it was unconstitutional, but all I see are Republicans whining about it, and the new "singing censor" running it. I have yet to see anyone challenge it as unconstitutional.

It just shows how ignorant you and other Trump supporters are.

1. Show me where in the US Constitution the Federal Government was given the "power" to define "truth". Remember, all Powers not reserved for the Federal government remain with the States.
2. You don't understand the power they are taking. Unlimited censorship power. A.I. will be unleashed to remove all posts they don't like, Hunter's Laptop, Ashley's showers with Joe , inflation, gas prices, border concerns, all unflattering posts and all news stories could be censored. That is not what a "free press" according to the Constitution means.
Twitter banned posters they didn't like. Facebook banned posts they didn't like. The government can control ALL POSTS the don't like. You will not be allowed to post whatever you want, it will be censored.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

1) Show me where in the Constitution it says that Presidents are allowed to breathe. Or go to the bathroom. Or sleep.

Doesn't say it.

The Constitution is not required to tell the government everything it can and can't do on a micromanagement level.

2) This isn't censorship. Censorship is STOPPING other people saying things. They're not doing this. They're merely saying that something that has been said probably isn't the truth. This happens ALL THE TIME, especially in court.

It clearly is constitutional. The problem is that you use misinformation to describe what it is. The government can and should have a panel to monitor misinformation. The Russians have used misinformation to attack this country and have used Trump and supporters like you to distribute it.
It's anti-Constitutional

Forum List

Back