Zone1 Is the Pope worthy of the title "Holy Father" just like God?

I know two priests in Texas I know from collegiate connections.

They think the Pope is cool, and Bishop Strickland needs to sit down and ponder his thinking.

I was talking about the so called Catholics that you know. They are former Catholics, right?
Nope. They are still Catholic. I take it comprehension isn’t on the top of your competency list. Present Catholics are part of the apostasy I mentioned.

Nope. They are still Catholic. I take it comprehension isn’t on the top of your competency list. Present Catholics are part of the apostasy I mentioned.
If they are still Catholic then they aren't apostates.

The definition of apostate is a person who renounces a religious or political belief or principle. But I love how you tried to insult me.

True Wisdom.*
13Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show his works by a good life in the humility that comes from wisdom.d
14But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast and be false to the truth.
15Wisdom of this kind does not come down from above but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic.
16For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there is disorder and every foul practice.
17But the wisdom from above is first of all pure, then peaceable, gentle, compliant, full of mercy and good fruits, without inconstancy or insincerity.e
18And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace for those who cultivate peace.f

I take it comprehension isn’t on the top of your competency list.
If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another. Galatians 5:26

If they are still Catholic then they aren't apostates.

The definition of apostate is a person who renounces a religious or political belief or principle. But I love how you tried to insult me.

True Wisdom.*
13Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show his works by a good life in the humility that comes from wisdom.d
14But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast and be false to the truth.
15Wisdom of this kind does not come down from above but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic.
16For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there is disorder and every foul practice.
17But the wisdom from above is first of all pure, then peaceable, gentle, compliant, full of mercy and good fruits, without inconstancy or insincerity.e
18And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace for those who cultivate peace.f
Once again, comprehension escapes your ability. The bishops became unable to be called to an Apostleship due to their departure from the true doctrine Christ taught and the Apostles taught after his resurrection. They changed doctrines, ordinances and polluted the Priesthood. The changes came from believing in man-made traditions rather than direct revelation from God to Apostles and Prophets. That is what constitutes apostatizing. So, the RCC teaches opposite what the Bible teaches. Like Jesus the people he’s Jehovah who told that we are gods in embryo and that he, as God, has a body of flesh and bones. It’s right there in the Bible yet you will deny it and defend an Apostate Church.

If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another. Galatians 5:26
However, he also said to the Apostles and disciples should take (teach) the Gospel to the entire world. That’s all I’m doing. With the entire world in apostasy, the truth had to be restored in the times of restitution of all gospel truths through a Prophet not tainted with false teachings, ordinances and doctrine. That’s the good news today. The Church has been restored and taken out of darkness. That is what I’m sharing.

Once again, comprehension escapes your ability. The bishops became unable to be called to an Apostleship due to their departure from the true doctrine Christ taught and the Apostles taught after his resurrection. They changed doctrines, ordinances and polluted the Priesthood. The changes came from believing in man-made traditions rather than direct revelation from God to Apostles and Prophets. That is what constitutes apostatizing. So, the RCC teaches opposite what the Bible teaches. Like Jesus the people he’s Jehovah who told that we are gods in embryo and that he, as God, has a body of flesh and bones. It’s right there in the Bible yet you will deny it and defend an Apostate Church.
However, he also said to the Apostles and disciples should take (teach) the Gospel to the entire world. That’s all I’m doing. With the entire world in apostasy, the truth had to be restored in the times of restitution of all gospel truths through a Prophet not tainted with false teachings, ordinances and doctrine. That’s the good news today. The Church has been restored and taken out of darkness. That is what I’m sharing.
My comprehension is fine. Your manners are poor. I don't share your views or beliefs.

I guess I don't have to tell you that you're communicating with a Catholic cultist. No amount of scripture will sway him or the other Catholics here from their belief in the supremacy of the Pope over God.

I guess I don't have to tell you that you're communicating with a Catholic cultist. No amount of scripture will sway him or the other Catholics here from their belief in the supremacy of the Pope over God.
Crusade on!!!!

Catholics here from their belief in the supremacy of the Pope over God.
Prove that Catholics do not believe in the supremacy of God. (I'm not holding my breath that your response will be anything more than they "funny emoji". )

A discussion with substance is preferred.

Jesus called God "Holy Father". Do you believe that the Pope is deserving of that exalted title which puts him on the same level as God? Can we surmise that the Catholic Church's army of esteemed theologians concluded it was appropriate to put the Pope on the same level as God?

John 17:11​

English Standard Version​

11 And I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, keep them in your name, which you have given me, that they may be one, even as we are one.

It is just business bub. Religion is all manmade, so it changes with the times. Down the road you will have trans priests.

America collapse.jpeg

Prove that Catholics do not believe in the supremacy of God.
I did. God said don't call religious leaders "father". Your Catholic cultist masters reject that commandment and insist on calling their priests "father". That's one. There are many more.

"But avoid foolish controversies, genealogies, dissensions, and quarrels about the law, for they are unprofitable and worthless. As for a person who stirs up division, after warning him once and then twice, have nothing more to do with him, knowing that such a person is warped and sinful;
he is self-condemned."

Titus 3:9-11

The letter instructs Titus about the character of the assistants he is to choose in view of the pastoral difficulties peculiar to Crete (Ti 1:516). It suggests the special individual and social virtues that the various age groups and classes in the Christian community should be encouraged to acquire (Ti 2:110). The motivation for transformation of their lives comes from christology, especially the redemptive sacrifice of Christ and his future coming, as applied through baptism and justification (Ti 2:1114; 3:48). The community is to serve as a leaven for Christianizing the social world about it (Ti 3:13). Good works are to be the evidence of their faith in God (Ti 3:8); those who engage in religious controversy are, after suitable warning, to be ignored (Ti 3:911).

I did. God said don't call religious leaders "father". Your Catholic cultist masters reject that commandment and insist on calling their priests "father". That's one. There are many more.
And I explained the etymology of the word and the history of the times. In addition, recall the number of times we see Apostles calling early Christians, "Children." Ever look up 'father' in the English dictionary--22 definitions. Until you go on a mission insisting people also give up using the address of "Mister", "Rabbi", and "Teacher", there is no leg to stand on. Find another "Gotcha". This one fails.

Again, I recommend a deep dive into Exodus, Leviticus, too, for that matter.

And I explained the etymology of the word and the history of the times. In addition, recall the number of times we see Apostles calling early Christians, "Children." Ever look up 'father' in the English dictionary--22 definitions. Until you go on a mission insisting people also give up using the address of "Mister", "Rabbi", and "Teacher", there is no leg to stand on. Find another "Gotcha". This one fails.

Again, I recommend a deep dive into Exodus, Leviticus, too, for that matter.

The commandment is clear. As I said, you reject God's supremacy and instead obey the commandments of the Pope.

The commandment is clear. As I said, you reject God's supremacy and instead obey the commandments of the Pope.
You have asked for Bible verses. Here is one...(Matthew 23:24)

You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.

Curious about Exodus and Leviticus yet?

My comprehension is fine. Your manners are poor. I don't share your views or beliefs.
Ah, it doesn’t matter that I’m correct. Kind of like Trump was right and the world peaceful but damn his language and he’s a meanie! Let’s hire an imbecile cognitive mess and turn the world on fire! But he’s nice. Your traditions have blinded you as the scriptures say.

Ah, it doesn’t matter that I’m correct. Kind of like Trump was right and the world peaceful but damn his language and he’s a meanie! Let’s hire an imbecile cognitive mess and turn the world on fire! But he’s nice. Your traditions have blinded you as the scriptures say.
You aren't correct. You made up your own special definition of apostate.

And I direct you to Titus 3:9-11 as an admonishment of your behavior.

Not just the Pope. All priests that perform the Mass pull Christ down off His throne a thousand times a day around tele world to make him die for our sins. The Sacraments were to remember him by. Not to be literal flesh and blood.

The Sacraments were to remember him by. Not to be literal flesh and blood.
Incorrect.

So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. For My flesh is true food, and My blood is true drink. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. (John 6:53–56)

Forum List

Back