Is the Quran Gods words?

If 'God's word' is written anywhere, it is in a person's heart. Anything else would be too difficult to define, and we see that is the case in the world.
If 'God' does not exist, then of course no book is the word of God.

You DO realize that Jesus was Jewish (which is why He was in Jerusalem on Passover just prior to being crucified), right?

Did Jesus say something about a "new covenant?" Seems I remember some minor mention....

Nothing was said about that. You might wanna re-read Matthew 5:17...

"Don't misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose.

The Jews ALREADY had a covenant with God. Jesus came for everyone else (i.e. the Gentiles).

The Jews ALREADY had a covenant with God. Jesus came for everyone else (i.e. the Gentiles).
You are wrong and have it totally backwards.

Jesus stated exactly who he came for when he declined to help the gentile woman..

Matthew 15:24 But He answered and said, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Was Jesus a true prophet or a false prophet?
Jesus is a Prophet that is mentioned in the Quran.

So yes, Jesus was a Prophet, healer, and miracle worker.

But not the son of God or God in the flesh.

Jesus was just a man that God had chosen to warn the Jews but they wouldn't listen.

So then God had to send Muhammad(pbuh) to complete the task. :cool:

I'm a little confused. I understand that Muhammad is always venerated by writing pbuh (peace be upon him) after his name; however, when I read Muslim references to Jesus, I always see the same sign of respect. I am curious why you did not place pbuh after each mention of Jesus as you did after the name of Muhammad.

At the risk of interjecting logic, isn't it likely that any book that contained the irrefutable word of God would have proven itself so conclusively that debate would not be possible, especially after hundreds of years?
There is no magic formula on the printed page. The magic is in the mind. Even Jesus said, "The kingdom of heaven is within you." Looking for truth and God outside one's self is illusion.

Invoking the name of Chomsky will almost certainly call down the wrath of all who claim to defend the right.

Jesus stated exactly who he came for when he declined to help the gentile woman..

Matthew 15:24 But He answered and said, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Exactly

The problem might be in the interpretation. Yeah, I think I'll use that one since it's a standard excuse for muslims dealing with the Quran. How about you give us your interpretation of that Scripture.

Exactly

The problem might be in the interpretation. Yeah, I think I'll use that one since it's a standard excuse for muslims dealing with the Quran. How about you give us your interpretation of that Scripture.
This verse has Nothing to do with muslims you nitwit.

Nor does it need any interpretation.

Jesus clearly stated in this verse and others; that his earthly mission was specifically directed to the house of Israel (Jews) and Not to the gentile people. :cool:

Last edited:
Hey! sunni man, thanks for my latest red, that is five you have given me now. But no amout of reds is going to save your doomed religion. Here is another piece I wrote critcizing the quran.

CAN I HAVE ANOTHER RED PLEASE?

There are those who point to sura 57.25 as evidence of science in the Quran, as it says Allah sent down Iron. But we know for a fact that the planet was formed by gravity pulling heavy atoms together, so Iron was already here at the formation of the earth. Besides the phrase sent down is common language in the Quran and appears 89 times. Among the other things Allah is supposed to have sent down are manna and quails, and eight head of cattle in pairs. Allah is also supposed to have sent down a table of food (The last supper) but this does not appear in the Bible. Here are the references.

57.25 We sent aforetime our apostles with Clear Signs and sent down with them the Book and the Balance (of Right and Wrong), that men may stand forth in justice; and We sent down Iron, in which is (material for) mighty war, as well as many benefits for mankind, that God may test who it is that will help, Unseen, Him and His apostles: For God is Full of Strength, Exalted in Might (and able to enforce His Will).

2.57 And We gave you the shade of clouds and sent down to you Manna and quails, saying: "Eat of the good things We have provided for you:" (But they rebelled); to us they did no harm, but they harmed their own souls.

20.80 O ye Children of Israel! We delivered you from your enemy, and We made a Covenant with you on the right side of Mount (Sinai), and We sent down to you Manna and quails:

39.6 He created you (all) from a single person: then created, of like nature, his mate; and he sent down for you eight head of cattle in pairs: He makes you, in the wombs of your mothers, in stages, one after another, in three veils of darkness. such is God, your Lord and Cherisher: to Him belongs (all) dominion. There is no god but He: then how are ye turned away (from your true Centre)?

I have found many bible myths repeated in the quran, and these in themselves are unbelievable, but there are Arab myths too.
According to Arab mythology a man that preceded Muhammad called Salih, said he was a prophet too, and the people did not believe him . So he split a rock and produce a she camel. Then the people of Thamud hamstrung the camel, so Allah destroyed them. The details of this story are absent from the quran but it is mentioned.
Here is the Pickthall translation of the quranic references to Thamud, the she camel.

007:073 And to (the tribe of) Thamud (We sent) their brother Salih. He said: O my people! Serve Allah. Ye have no other God save Him. A wonder from your Lord hath come unto you. Lo! this is the camel of Allah, a token unto you; so let her feed in Allah's earth, and touch her not with hurt lest painful torment seize you.

011:064 O my people! This is the camel of Allah, a token unto you, so suffer her to feed in Allah's earth, and touch her not with harm lest a near torment seize you.

026:155 He said: (Behold) this she-camel. She hath the right to drink (at the well), and ye have the right to drink, (each) on an appointed day.

091:013 And the messenger of Allah said: It is the she-camel of Allah, so let her drink!

This verse has Nothing to do with muslims nitwit.

Nor does it need any interpretation.

Jesus clearly stated in this verse and others; that his earthly mission was specifically directed to the house of Israel (Jews) and Not to the gentile people. :cool:

You might look smarter if you insert a comma between "muslims" and "nitwit".

Jesus was sent to the Jews and rejected, thereby fulfilling prophecy. Read this, Mr. muslim nitwit.

Acts 13:46-47......"Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: “We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles. For this is what the Lord has commanded us:

“‘I have made you a light for the Gentiles,
that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth."

Jesus was sent to the Jews and rejected, thereby fulfilling prophecy. Read this, Mr. muslim nitwit.

Acts 13:46-47......"Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: “We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles. For this is what the Lord has commanded us:
Sorry, but I reject the words of Paul the usurper and destroyer of Christianity. :cool:

Sorry, but I reject the words of Paul the usurper and destroyer of Christianity. :cool:

You shouldn't reject it. Muhammud the thief, (swish) stole most of the religion he invented from Christianity. :cool:

Then why can't you reject the words of Muhammad? who's deceitful ramblings completely undermine the basic tenants of Christianity.

Of course you do. How convenient. A good muslim believes what he's told.

Forum List

Back