Is the Twilight Series Turning Teens into Bloodsucking Conservatives?

I read the books. :eek:
Is that why I find myself liking Palin more and more every day? :lol:

Well, I hate to but I must disagree.

There's not very much that makes the adolescent mind get up and move, and promoting anything (propaganda) ain't one of them.

Rather than reading these books despite the "hidden anti-feminist messages," they are reading them because they like the EXPLICITE conservative message:

Don't have sex with The Dead.

If your book is lttle more than a Chick tract, no one will read it. If you have nothing more than just a random collection of pointless words, no one will read that either. Message is the river on which the plot sails.

Have you read any of this shit?

:eusa_hand:

No, don't say it, you'll lose your man card.:cool:

I am speaking in terms of general platitude.

However, I had to tore up my man card to watch this:
Fated_To_Love_You.jpg

It was a bargain.

If your book is lttle more than a Chick tract, no one will read it. If you have nothing more than just a random collection of pointless words, no one will read that either. Message is the river on which the plot sails.

Fated_To_Love_You.jpg

It was a bargain.

:eusa_eh:

Are there sperm swimming in the sky for any particular reason?

Fated_To_Love_You.jpg

It was a bargain.

:eusa_eh:

Are there sperm swimming in the sky for any particular reason?

You have to watch it.

It is about a guy who accidentally gets the wrong girl pregnant, and his decision later on that she was the right girl after all.

And the one bite out of the apple was because it was her first time.

Fuck Twilight..

I took a man card away from my best friend for liking the movie.. :lol:

Exactly. I agree with King, Meyer's writing is terrible as well.

Though anyone just needs to look at the fourth book especially to realize it's batshit insane and not really reading material in the first place.

Waiting until marriage for sex?? What a horrible value to pass on to young people! They should be sent to a re-education camp right away and hopefully deflowered!! We cannot allow our young people to become responsible, where will future democrats come from?

Fuck Twilight..

I took a man card away from my best friend for liking the movie.. :lol:

Exactly. I agree with King, Meyer's writing is terrible as well.

Though anyone just needs to look at the fourth book especially to realize it's batshit insane and not really reading material in the first place.

I am for sure going to go see the fourth movie. I want to see what this vampire child will look like. I read all four, but I skipped a lot of bullshit.

So what did everyone read in their childhood, youth?

I recall reading all the Hardy Boy's, many Tom Swift stories, and sports stories as well as sports biographies The Babe Ruth Storyfor example; these in the 4th, 5th and 6th grades; sometime along the way, maybe in the 7th I read "Seven Days in May" which got me hooked on political thrillers, and a book I believe was titled "There is a River", a 'non' fiction(?) book on parapsychology. I recall reading Tom Sawyer and the Adventures of Huckleberry Finn along about those years too.

Oh man, ALL I did was read when I was a kid. I would devour books, sometimes 2 a day on the weekends. I couldn't wait for Fridays, since my class went to the school library. I'd get as many as they would let me, and read them all that weekend. On Saturday my mom would take us kids to our public library to get more books!

As I got older I would read my dads books about the Civil War and WW2, both fiction and non-fiction.

As a kid I loved biographies, all of L Frank Baum's books, the Narnia series, Little Women, (I still have and treasure my mom's childhood copy of that book btw...) etc.

So what did everyone read in their childhood, youth?

I recall reading all the Hardy Boy's, many Tom Swift stories, and sports stories as well as sports biographies The Babe Ruth Storyfor example; these in the 4th, 5th and 6th grades; sometime along the way, maybe in the 7th I read "Seven Days in May" which got me hooked on political thrillers, and a book I believe was titled "There is a River", a 'non' fiction(?) book on parapsychology. I recall reading Tom Sawyer and the Adventures of Huckleberry Finn along about those years too.

Hardy Boys...now THAT was some conservative values!

The Twilight series has been the greatest contribution to literacy since the invention of Phonics. (and Harry Potter). I have never seen kids so excited about reading. To suggest that it is HARMING children is promoting censorship.

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them."
— Ray Bradbury

I don't think this lady is going to get kids to stop reading Twilight. :lol:

It was one article, it will be okay. Plus I doubt, there is a girl under the age of 25 who hasn't read them. And if you do read them, it is easy to tell it isn't about spreading some message. You would be giving Twilight too much credit for one. The books are good, but not that good.

"Scientists, authors and educators met in Cambridge, England, Sept. 3-5 for a conference organized by Nikolajeva" I don't know how much cred people will give this, but it's not "just one article" on the internet. It was published in Live Science and I'm sure all these "scholars" will go back and share what they learned.

I haven't read them. But even if this woman's opinion is correct, the world won't end either. :cuckoo: I wonder how she feels about rap music. :eek:

They are what I call "junk food books". Easy to read, interesting, but not too much to think about. They are definitely "chic material". I read them when my daughter read them, a habit I developed when they were young. It lets me know what is going into their heads.

I would think the activist lefties would love the stories: the heroine does some really stupid stuff and always comes out okay. It is not realistic.

Steady diet of Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Tom Clancy and Playboy.

Me too, but other than playboy not as a child or youth. I remember Pammy and me find copies of Adam and Eve - we were pre-school - in a backyard down the street. Sadly she moved away by the time I started first grade, she was an older women, maybe 6 months older than me.

Steady diet of Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Tom Clancy and Playboy.

Me too, but other than playboy not as a child or youth. I remember Pammy and me find copies of Adam and Eve - we were pre-school - in a backyard down the street. Sadly she moved away by the time I started first grade, she was an older women, maybe 6 months older than me.

I read Stephen King's "IT" at 10 years old.

First "adult" book that I read. I never went back. I think I had read all of his books by the time I was 12.

I'm an avid reader. I've actually slowed down A LOT after having 3 kids. Now I only read 1-2 books a week. Used to average about 4 as little as 3 years ago.

Last edited:
All books worth reading have an underlying point. It may not be a logical, sensible or even sane point, but the fact you are promoting an idea is what makes the book.

Well, I hate to but I must disagree.

There's not very much that makes the adolescent mind get up and move, and promoting anything (propaganda) ain't one of them.

Rather than reading these books despite the "hidden anti-feminist messages," they are reading them because they like the EXPLICITE conservative message:

Don't have sex with The Dead.

:lol: :bowdown: :lol:

Forum List

Back