Is there a migration from major cities underway?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
My in-laws live in a small town North of Milwaukee. They tell me that for the first time in memory, there are almost NO homes for sale. When one comes on the market it is sold immediately. The theory is people are fed up with the problems in Milwaukee and when Covid and the riots hit, that was it. When a house comes on the market it sells immediately. Part of that may also be people hunkering down there until Covid is done, but it is very unusual. I remember always seeing some 'for sale' signs on every street.

My in-laws live in a small town North of Milwaukee. They tell me that for the first time in memory, there are almost NO homes for sale. When one comes on the market it is sold immediately. The theory is people are fed up with the problems in Milwaukee and when Covid and the riots hit, that was it. When a house comes on the market it sells immediately. Part of that may also be people hunkering down there until Covid is done, but it is very unusual. I remember always seeing some 'for sale' signs on every street.
At least from lib cities,,,,,,,Condo owners in MPLS are way underwater

Been underway for a while now. The pandemic has accelerated it. A lot of them will go back to the city for the convenience, but for most, it's all about cost of living.
This is an old article. Long before COVID-19.

Stay there.

High cost of living to live in a Shlthole

Been underway for a while now. The pandemic has accelerated it. A lot of them will go back to the city for the convenience, but for most, it's all about cost of living.
A city does a lot of good things, it attracts a lot of capable people and dynamic businesses, and it just keeps growing. At some point, it just becomes too fucking big, a victim of its own success.

I do wonder if it's possible for a city to become too big, and how we would manage that.

Condos not the same as single family homes where you can put up fences and lock gates to restrict easy close access to you "castle" grounds and home structure. Another aspect of the condo/home market may by the depressed economy not being optimum except for people forced to sell by economic circumstance. I do not think it is a covid effect, especially if suburban and vacation condos markets are indeed depressed.

A city does a lot of good things, it attracts a lot of capable people and dynamic businesses, and it just keeps growing. At some point, it just becomes too fucking big, a victim of its own success.

I do wonder if it's possible for a city to become too big, and how we would manage that.

They become victims of the liberal left that run those cities.
I believe it was LA or NY that shut down restaurants for indoor dining and when they realized they were losing tax dollars they're trying to impose a 3 dollar tax on food deliveries.
What a great idea when people are barely keeping their heads above water as it is.

1607798904877.png

When all the stores and restaurants are locked down, closed forever, boarded up, or burnt out, what convenience is there in going to a dead city?

*****SMILE*****

:)

Last edited:
Property taxes have SKY-ROCKETED in my town because the beloved leader is a BREAD AND CIRCUSES MAN. He also wants to close the prisons and needs places to house the THUGS in his bread and circuses UTOPIA

Condos not the same as single family homes where you can put up fences and lock gates to restrict easy close access to you "castle" grounds and home structure. Another aspect of the condo/home market may by the depressed economy not being optimum except for people forced to sell by economic circumstance. I do not think it is a covid effect, especially if suburban and vacation condos markets are indeed depressed.
no its a crime effect, affecting all housing cept maybe apts

I agree. A lot of companies were forced by the pandemic to migrate many or all of their employees to a "work from home" design. Many of them are finding it's working and they can save on real estate costs by having less office space. The company I work for was actually already starting to move in that direction, but COVID accelerated it. Home based people have the luxury pretty much working wherever they want, so yeah, I think you're going to a see Renaissance of sorts in many rural areas around the country.

speaking of thugs---<<<< that is the reason that people---including businesses and professionals
are ON THE RUN

Whoa!

You hit the nail on the head.

I sure hope that President Biden does NOT push a certain proposal that President Obama's administration tried to push regarding housing & the suburbs.

speaking of thugs---<<<< that is the reason that people---including businesses and professionals
are ON THE RUN

Whoa!

You hit the nail on the head.

I sure hope that President Biden does NOT push a certain proposal that President Obama's administration tried to push regarding housing & the suburbs.

lots of people do not know what you are talking about------IMHO_-----THAT proposal, if "GOD-FORBID" is
effectuated will lead to blood in the streets of the 'burbs' ------I STRONGLY suspect that biden/kamalahump will effectuate that filth

The pandemic has taught people they don't have to actually LIVE in an urban heckhole to work there. Further, with all of the culture and concerts and other crap closed down, there is no socialreason to live in a rat hole city.

The pandemic has taught people they don't have to actually LIVE in an urban heckhole to work there. Further, with all of the culture and concerts and other crap closed down, there is no socialreason to live in a rat hole city.

there are many people HELD IN THE URBAN HECKHOLE----by INERTIA-- ---like me---I am
a "MASS" located in a rathole

Well, the pandemic has certainly caused many people to look at moving out of the city. And yes, some of that could be because all of the culture and social extras aren't available right now. But the main reason is rising rents and property prices. Cost of living. Like it or not, most people make decisions based on their wallet. And once the rent and mortgage prices start outstripping the convenience of living in the city, people move. I have no doubt the cities will bounce back as the rent and property prices fall..and the pandemic gets under control. There will be some that come back followed by new people moving into the city. But a lot are gone for good.

Well, the pandemic has certainly caused many people to look at moving out of the city. And yes, some of that could be because all of the culture and social extras aren't available right now. But the main reason is rising rents and property prices. Cost of living. Like it or not, most people make decisions based on their wallet. And once the rent and mortgage prices start outstripping the convenience of living in the city, people move. I have no doubt the cities will bounce back as the rent and property prices fall..and the pandemic gets under control. There will be some that come back followed by new people moving into the city. But a lot are gone for good.

The Huge Failed Urban Hell Holes don't just have high rent and property prices- the governments schlong the residents with absurd tax rates, the price of parking ranges from high to ballistic depending on the city, and the crime rates are unbelievably high.

Forum List

Back