Is there a religion worth following?

Pedro de San Patricio

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2015
The only ones that are even interesting are Mormonism, Voodoo, and Islam. I couldn't be Mormon because it's made up. I couldn't do Voodoo because I'd really, really rather not sacrifice a chicken, even if I do understand the reasoning behind it. I couldn't be Muslim because it's fundamentally a violent and oppressive religion. I reject Judaism for many of the same reasons as Islam. I'm not just down with considering people my inferior just because of their ethnicity.

The only religion worth following is the one you choose. Choose wisely.

Why not instead create a spiritual/ religious system of your own design, while seeking to understand the beauty and wisdom in every religion? There is power to be found in all of them.

Why must people always look to a "prophet", or a guide, a priest or a shaman or whoever to lead them spiritually? Why let another's religious views dominate your destiny?

Forge your own path.

Why not instead create a spiritual/ religious system of your own design, while seeking to understand the beauty and wisdom in every religion? There is power to be found in all of them.

Why must people always look to a "prophet", or a guide, a priest or a shaman or whoever to lead them spiritually? Why let another's religious views dominate your destiny?

Forge your own path.​

Like you? :lmao:

Forge your own path.​

Like you?

Why not?

I'm all for any religion that advocates wild sex on the beach and treating everyone nice.

The only ones that are even interesting are Mormonism, Voodoo, and Islam. I couldn't be Mormon because it's made up. I couldn't do Voodoo because I'd really, really rather not sacrifice a chicken, even if I do understand the reasoning behind it. I couldn't be Muslim because it's fundamentally a violent and oppressive religion. I reject Judaism for many of the same reasons as Islam. I'm not just down with considering people my inferior just because of their ethnicity.
Have you attended any of these churches or just going by what you know from the internet? I think a good place to start would be attend one each weekend and see which one feels right to you. That way you get a better feel from the people there and the atmosphere you can't get from articles or online pundits. I do find it odd you didn't list any of the Christian religions there, othe than Mormon, they are Christian just a bit expanded.

Forge your own path.​

Like you?

Why not?

Because, in 'Goddess Ashtara' I do not trust. Nothing personal, tho'.

If it is your Will to become somebody's follower... if it your Nature to follow... go right on ahead. Yet still, I would encourage people to truly explore religion and spirituality beyond the limited experience of "following".

Last edited:
Have you attended any of these churches or just going by what you know from the internet? I think a good place to start would be attend one each weekend and see which one feels right to you. That way you get a better feel from the people there and the atmosphere you can't get from articles or online pundits. I do find it odd you didn't list any of the Christian religions there, othe than Mormon, they are Christian just a bit expanded.
The LDS variant of Christianity is the only one I have any real interest in.

If it is your Will to become somebody's follower... if it your Nature to follow... go right on ahead. Yet still, I would encourage people to truly explore religion and spirituality beyond the limited experience of "following".
You kind of seem like a Thelemite, or at least a Crowley influenced something. Do you read the Liber AL?

I'm all for any religion that advocates wild sex on the beach and treating everyone nice.

You confuse religion with desire.

Not at all. Most origin religions were all about procreation, realizing that if you're not having children your civilization is dying. Thus I support a religion that is about procreating and being nice to others.

You kind of seem like a Thelemite, or at least a Crowley influenced something. Do you read the Liber AL?

Familiar with Thelema, are you? ^_^

I respect Crowley and Thelema. Yes I have read Liber AL, among other of Crowley's writings... but I have absorbed wisdom and lessons and culture from many spiritual/ religious systems. Thelema, the Abrahamic religions and the Judaic Kabbalah, various forms of Paganism/ Neopaganism, various forms of Buddhism, Luciferianism, O9A, Golden Dawn, Hinduism... there is beauty and power and truth to be found in all of them.

I would advocate Catholicism because even though we have the strictest rules, absolution is available to anyone no matter how badly they've fallen.

Churches of Cossacks

For our modern world of luxury pursuits (i.e., eTrade), the hypothetical stewardess involved in an intricate traffic-based airline narcotics ring can be construed as the prophetic harlot of Babylon.

It seems that Catholicism and Satanism are very intellectually colorful for modern-age discussions about the tedium/lucrativeness of lifestyle ornamentation (i.e., Facebook business flyers).

:afro:

Airport 1975 (Film)

emirates-stewardess[1].jpg

sketch.jpg

Forum List

Back