🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is there even a real label for this?

Pedro de San Patricio

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2015
California
Say someone supports both completely legal and equal gay marriage and the right of a bakery to turn down a prospective client without having their reputations destroyed and their businesses shut down or confiscated by the state. Say that same person acknowledges the moral obligation to abolish the abortion industry and wants their brothers and sisters saved from it to have healthcare and loving families after they're born. In fact, let's say this person is both a pacificist and is okay with the annihilation of IS and the indefinite detention of known, captured terrorists needed to carry this out. Is that person just walking the line between the parties and forced to choose the lesser evil? Would they fall more closely under one umbrella or the other? Or is there even a term for people like this in our system? Surely I can't be the only one...

Say someone supports both completely legal and equal gay marriage and the right of a bakery to turn down a prospective client without having their reputations destroyed and their businesses shut down or confiscated by the state. Say that same person acknowledges the moral obligation to abolish the abortion industry and wants their brothers and sisters saved from it to have healthcare and loving families after they're born. In fact, let's say this person is both a pacificist and is okay with the annihilation of IS and the indefinite detention of known, captured terrorists needed to carry this out. Is that person just walking the line between the parties and forced to choose the lesser evil? Would they fall more closely under one umbrella or the other? Or is there even a term for people like this in our system? Surely I can't be the only one...
There are two labels that apply: Young, and Confused. Keep at it.

There are two labels that apply: Young, and Confused. Keep at it.
I'm going with "confused".

Eh. I was just hoping for a real classification. Like GOP without the religious right or hate on gays and minorities combined with the Dems without the divide and conquer mentality and rigid party line.

So I can know what to say when liberals accuse me of being a far right extremist and conservatives accuse me of being a Communist.
Why not just say that you're an American for America? I tell everyone that I'm NOT a Republican, Democrat, Independent, Liberal, Conservative, Moderate, Right Wing, Left Wing, nor anything other than an American for America. Labels are divisive and unnecessary. We have way too much division in this country as it is, we don't need labels. Labels serve no purpose other than to divide us and make us weaker. I tell everyone that the worst fear of a professional politician is a united citizenry. As long as politicians can keep us divided, they win, we lose. "The Washington Brotherhood" gets its strength and power from a divided citizenry. Imagine what would happen if we were united and demanded fair, equal, and just representation.

Stand and be counted as an American, not other label is needed or necessary. Besides, most people have no idea as to what they're talking about when they call others Liberals, Conservatives, Moderates, or so-called wing nuts. They just like the way it sounds, others do it, so it makes them feel like they belong. If you were to ask them why they associate themselves with a particular group, party, or political agenda, chances are they couldn't defend their position with sound reasoning and factual differences between the other doctrines or platforms. We all want the same things. We all want freedom, justice, rights, fair and equal taxation, fair and equal representation, national security, sound infrastructure, Social Security, an adequate number of living wage jobs, equal opportunities, first class education systems, affordable health care, etc., etc. etc..

Don't get pulled into the label traps. Stand for what you believe is right and just, and shun forced classification. Let other know that you're an American, that's all that's required.

Party affiliation and the general 'label' that goes with it does not imply that you agree with or support 100 percent of the parties positions. Being called a communist or far right nut job here says nothing about you but says a lot about the poster labeling you. Mostly that they are a complete partisan hack. Those only see things in black and white, us vs. them, and the label you come back with would be meaningless to their brand of idiocy anyway. As a libertarian here I have been called both extreme liberal and conservative even though both do not apply in the least but the poster leveling the accusation does not care. They only know that I am the enemy because I do not blindly defend the idiotic stances of the party they have aligned themselves with.
If you are looking for a party then choose the one that more closely resembles your positions. Three positions does not a political philosophy make so the information in the OP is woefully limited to ask those of us here to help you with such a distinction.

Forum List

Back