Is This Movie Quote True?

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Harry: What I'm saying is — and this is not a come-on in any way, shape or form — is that men and women can't be friends because the sex part always gets in the way.

Harry: What I'm saying is — and this is not a come-on in any way, shape or form — is that men and women can't be friends because the sex part always gets in the way.

Scientific fact.

Yes. Its true.

So, any man and woman claiming to be "Just friends" is a lie?
Even if it's not an "in person" friendship?(e.g. on line?)

So, sex would never be part of a "friendship"?

How about this one:

Harry: You meet someone, you have the safe lunch, you decide you like each other enough to move on to dinner. You go dancing, you do the white-man's over-bite, go back to her place, you have sex and the minute you're finished you know what goes through your mind? How long do I have to lie here and hold her before I can get up and go home. Is thirty seconds enough?

`
`

No. It's the old-time males that always associate sex to a relationship. I have a lot a male friends where sex never gets brought up nor is there a tension that way. The same applies to the men I know over 50, but these are honorable men of good character.

Pretty much, yea.
I don't think so.

Of course a man can be friends with a woman, but he is likely wanting to have sex with her.

Well, that is part of the conversation as well... I didn't include all of it....

Harry: Because no man can be friends with a woman that he finds attractive. He always wants to have sex with her.
Sally: So you're saying that a man can be friends with a woman he finds unattractive?
Harry: No, you pretty much want to nail 'em too.
Sally: What if they don't want to have sex with you?
Harry: Doesn't matter because the sex thing is already out there so the friendship is ultimately doomed and that is the end of the story.

`
`

No. It's the old-time males that always associate sex to a relationship. I have a lot a male friends where sex never gets brought up nor is there a tension that way. The same applies to the men I know over 50, but these are honorable men of good character.

rut roh....

Pretty much, yea.
I don't think so.

Of course a man can be friends with a woman, but he is likely wanting to have sex with her.

Well, that is part of the conversation as well... I didn't include all of it....

Harry: Because no man can be friends with a woman that he finds attractive. He always wants to have sex with her.
Sally: So you're saying that a man can be friends with a woman he finds unattractive?
Harry: No, you pretty much want to nail 'em too.
Sally: What if they don't want to have sex with you?
Harry: Doesn't matter because the sex thing is already out there so the friendship is ultimately doomed and that is the end of the story.

I've seen the movie.

To be fair ... I could be friends with Meg Ryan ... she looks like a 12-year old boy.

`
`

Sorry to burst your bubble...but not true.
All men, regardless of character, when seeing an attractive female would like to have sex with her. Friends or no friends. It isn't something we can just shut off. Doesn't work that way.
They are honorable because they don't bring it up, but it is there.
It is always there

To be fair ... I could be friends with Meg Ryan ... she looks like a 12-year old boy.

Body wise, yes, but so did Michelle Pfeiffer, but totally different "images" of these 2....

`
`

Sorry to burst your bubble...but not true.
All men, regardless of character, when seeing an attractive female would like to have sex with her. Friends or no friends. It isn't something we can just shut off. Doesn't work that way.
They are honorable because they don't bring it up, but it is there.
It is always there
Agree but most men control those urges, and certainly honorable MARRIED men do. We think about it, but do not act.

I have long thought this 'control' by most men, does not get the respect and recognition it should.

No, it is not true.

The sex part can be a problem in many male female friendships for obvious reasons, but if there are clear lines, and/or other good reasons for not going there, a friendship is certainly possible.

Forum List

Back