🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is This Racist?

Is This Racist

• Total voters
No, I don't think that the sign is racist. It would be racist if it said that the white race is superior though.

As the report says the sign was posted by KKK. You may not find KKK racist. But the vast number of people in the U.S. will disagree with you.

The question was is the SIGN racist.

Your admiration of KKK is not against the law. You are entitled to that.

You're nothing but a rotten troll. Go back under your bridge and don't let me see or hear from you again.

This is what happens to people who take a position which is wrong and cannot be defended. If you take a wrong position on a public forum, you will be called on it. It is that simple.

The funny thing is, no-one's explained how the sign imparts a racist message.

Gladly. The sign, advertising "White Pride Radio" clearly indicates that "YOUR people" share the same skin color. MY people don't all share my skin color. To assume that the parts of my family that don't share my skin tone can't be "my people" is racist.

Does that make Black Entertainment Television racist, too?

You're kind of missing the point. Having pride in one's skin color is kind of silly. To imply that only people who share your skin color are "your people" is racist.

Black Entertainment Television isn't called "Black Pride Television." It's providing a platform for shows that weren't necessarily shown on the other networks.

Having said that, BET is losing its reason for being, as shows on mainstream networks are more and more diverse.

Might be silly, but it isn't racist. While I do think the KKK is a hate organization, the sign itself is not hateful. I think most white people, like myself, probably don't really even think about their skin color usually, until such questions like this arise.

You are kind of missing the point as well. The sign, with its racism, isn't even accurate, at least not for everyone. I don't only consider those of my own skin color "my people."
It is a racist way of separating people -- "my people" vs. "their people."

Well, I could also be geocentric. My people could be those who live in my particular latitude and longitude. Or I could be sexist and only consider those who share my gender "my people."

I love "my people," and even though I am white, not all of my people are. Therefore, the sign is wrong, and it's also racist.

No, I don't think that the sign is racist. It would be racist if it said that the white race is superior though.

As the report says the sign was posted by KKK. You may not find KKK racist. But the vast number of people in the U.S. will disagree with you.

You're nothing but a rotten troll. Go back under your bridge and don't let me see or hear from you again.

This is what happens to people who take a position which is wrong and cannot be defended. If you take a wrong position on a public forum, you will be called on it. It is that simple.

From my previous readings of ChrisL 's post, she is not racist - I think she is just willing to take the sign at face value without considering the source.

Okay so you are talking about the slogan underneath.
That is different from the billboard part that says loving your people by race.

So let's get this straight:
* is it okay for blacks to rally black power, pride and unity based on that
and is it okay for whites to do the same
* is it okay for blacks and whites both to talk about "loving their own people by race"

And as for what do whites have to be proud of based on what you listed,
that's like saying what do blacks have to be proud of if "all they do is kill each other, steal and push drugs"

If you say that blacks can be proud of Dr. King and Nelson Mandela, Desmond Tutu and other leaders as role models
Can't you say that whites can be proud of Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln and other great leaders as role models, too?

You can pick apart both the good and the bad,
you can say that it isn't because of race that makes these people great.

So what? Doesn't it come out even in the end,
that as much good as bad comes from any group or any person.

I have as many faults as strengths, some can be tied to my culture
from my parents and upbringing, and some come from my environment.

Why focus on the negative and get resentful, why not focus on the good that empowers
people to strive to be the best we can be, and learn from both the good and the bad we have inherited from the past.

Why this need to project onto race or religion to blame some other group outside ourselves?
Then why are you attempting to defend a racist billboard???

Do whites have rights or not?
Whites have more rights than everyone else. They make laws and control the systems that support them.

Well if the blacks I know weren't so pushed by the Democrat Party and the media
to scapegoat and divide against Ben Carson, Allen West, and other conservatives,
maybe the Occupy Dream leaders COULD finish pushing for federal reforms and equal
OWNERSHIP. Instead of remaining divided as field slaves and house slaves, both
victims of politics, while billions of dollars are wasted on hate campaigns instead
of investing in BUYING UP land and DEMANDING reparations for debts to taxpayers.

Until Blacks own land and banks and have their own networks established
that aren't broken and divided by black against black hatred and politics,
MAYBE we might see some liberation and emancipation as long overdue!

You in?
I dont know much about Allen West but if he is anything like Ben Carson he is a boot licking uncle tom. The only way the dynamic of field and house slaves will disappear is with black people returning to what made them strong. A mindset devoid of a white influence and a emphasis on building wealth for Blacks instead of trying to fit in with whites..
Dear Friend, with all the love in my heart
I grieve that you would call West an Uncle Tom. That is like someone calling you
or my neighbors Lazy Beggars but with the
N word. It breaks my heart to hear this.

I cannot blame you without blaming our political culture that encourages rewards
And conditions this reaction.

What can I do to help correct the problems so
More leaders and business interests can unite?

Let me know ill do it.
Culture t

kkk2n-1-web.jpg

KKK Billboard Causes Stir - Ozarksfirst

the correct phrasing should have been...It's not racist to love "my" or "one's" people. LOVE YOUR PEOPLE denotes the author loves "my people" not his.

But what should be expected.

From my previous readings of ChrisL 's post, she is not racist - I think she is just willing to take the sign at face value without considering the source.

Thank you. I appreciate that. :) You are absolutely correct. When I first viewed the billboard before I made my first post, I did not realize it was from the KKK either.

The funny thing is, no-one's explained how the sign imparts a racist message.

Gladly. The sign, advertising "White Pride Radio" clearly indicates that "YOUR people" share the same skin color. MY people don't all share my skin color. To assume that the parts of my family that don't share my skin tone can't be "my people" is racist.

Does that make Black Entertainment Television racist, too?

You're kind of missing the point. Having pride in one's skin color is kind of silly. To imply that only people who share your skin color are "your people" is racist.

Black Entertainment Television isn't called "Black Pride Television." It's providing a platform for shows that weren't necessarily shown on the other networks.

Having said that, BET is losing its reason for being, as shows on mainstream networks are more and more diverse.

Might be silly, but it isn't racist. While I do think the KKK is a hate organization, the sign itself is not hateful. I think most white people, like myself, probably don't really even think about their skin color usually, until such questions like this arise.

You are kind of missing the point as well. The sign, with its racism, isn't even accurate, at least not for everyone. I don't only consider those of my own skin color "my people."
It is a racist way of separating people -- "my people" vs. "their people."

Well, I could also be geocentric. My people could be those who live in my particular latitude and longitude. Or I could be sexist and only consider those who share my gender "my people."

I love "my people," and even though I am white, not all of my people are. Therefore, the sign is wrong, and it's also racist.

Well, people tend to gravitate towards those people they have things in common with. I also don't think there is anything wrong with being proud of your heritage, if that happens to be white European or whatever.

This based on what the billboard says alone. Knowing that the KKK created it, they probably have more nefarious goals.

the correct phrasing should have been...It's not racist to love "my" or "one's" people. LOVE YOUR PEOPLE denotes the author loves "my people" not his.

But it does say "White Pride Radio" which kind of takes away from the message, as most people associate the term "white pride" with being racist. However, it is not necessarily racist because it doesn't fit the generally accepted definition of racism which is to feel that you are superior to others who are not of your racial heritage.

Then why are you attempting to defend a racist billboard???

Whites have more rights than everyone else. They make laws and control the systems that support them.

to scapegoat and divide against Ben Carson, Allen West, and other conservatives,
maybe the Occupy Dream leaders COULD finish pushing for federal reforms and equal
victims of politics, while billions of dollars are wasted on hate campaigns instead
of investing in BUYING UP land and DEMANDING reparations for debts to taxpayers.

You in?
I dont know much about Allen West but if he is anything like Ben Carson he is a boot licking uncle tom. The only way the dynamic of field and house slaves will disappear is with black people returning to what made them strong. A mindset devoid of a white influence and a emphasis on building wealth for Blacks instead of trying to fit in with whites..
I grieve that you would call West an Uncle Tom. That is like someone calling you

I cannot blame you without blaming our political culture that encourages rewards

Let me know ill do it.
Culture t
I think you have a misunderstanding of the word uncle tom. I have no problem with Black people that are republicans but when you preach ideas to make your race look bad so you will look good to white people then you are an uncle tom. Everytime I turn around Carson is saying something that is designed to make whites feel he is a good "n****". I have no tolerance for those type of Black people. You cant do anything to help. Black people dont need help. They can do anything they want to on their own. If you look at the track record the only good whites in general have done for Black people is end slavery in the US and even that was not specifically for Blacks. If you want to help Black people educate whites on the inherent danger of being racists and putting up roadblocks economically, educationally, and socially. We have to do the rest on our own as many of us are already doing despite the narrative put out there for whites to consume.

You in?

Let me know ill do it.
Culture t
I think you have a misunderstanding of the word uncle tom. I have no problem with Black people that are republicans but when you preach ideas to make your race look bad so you will look good to white people then you are an uncle tom. Everytime I turn around Carson is saying something that is designed to make whites feel he is a good "n****". I have no tolerance for those type of Black people. You cant do anything to help. Black people dont need help. They can do anything they want to on their own. If you look at the track record the only good whites in general have done for Black people is end slavery in the US and even that was not specifically for Blacks. If you want to help Black people educate whites on the inherent danger of being racists and putting up roadblocks economically, educationally, and socially. We have to do the rest on our own as many of us are already doing despite the narrative put out there for whites to consume.

OK if you mean the weird talk like how the anti-white rhetoric will creep into Farrakhan's talks
and ruin it, I agree that loses the audience that doesn't need it for connection and is turned off by it.

I understand, I have had to forgive when that talk enters in. Like cuss words to punctuate a comedian's story
that otherwise could pass as family friendly.

I separate that from the ideas that are good, so if we can focus on where you and I agree,
we don't have to differ over areas where someone is "kissing up" to their audience.
I hate that too, thanks for explaining.

I think you are the one I most want to work with leaders from Obama to Allen West to consider
setting up a Constitutional library and center in Freedmen's Town on these issues of equal education on law and govt. You
are knowledgeable and discerning enough to know the psychology an d the
history of where laws and govt comes from, you can
see deeper into media bias than the avg person who reacts on the surface.

We need that deeper connection to bring people together. The superficial stuff of kissing up falls flat.

I think you could unite the part of people that can AGREE and weed out the biases fluff and stuff that gets in the way.
I think I asked this before and you were too busy with your own personal business stuff you are maxed out with already.

but if we keep it online, like key ideas to summarize for what we'd like to see in
a civil rights center and educational outreach campaign, anyone can chip in some and not take on too much.

I will make that part of the terms of settling grievances I have with Democrats
and Constitutional issues I want resolved. And if I win then I will ask for certain programs to be set up in Freedmen's Town
as restitution for abusing members of the party, especially those not equally educated and trained in Constitutional laws and without equal legal resources to defend their rights and beliefs.

But it does say "White Pride Radio" which kind of takes away from the message, as most people associate the term "white pride" with being racist. However, it is not necessarily racist because it doesn't fit the generally accepted definition of racism which is to feel that you are superior to others who are not of your racial heritage.

Also, the picture of the white child clinches it. It's a message of white pride, from white people, to white people.

If it's really ok for everyone to "love your people" (and again, I have problems with the way "my people" would be defined by this crew), then maybe they should say "race pride" or "skin pride" or "melanin pride."

Yeah, sounds pretty silly, doesn't it?

Also, the picture of the white child clinches it. It's a message of white pride, from white people, to white people.

If it's really ok for everyone to "love your people" (and again, I have problems with the way "my people" would be defined by this crew), then maybe they should say "race pride" or "skin pride" or "melanin pride."

Yeah, sounds pretty silly, doesn't it?

Well, regardless of whether or not it is silly, it is not racist.

That radio station / web portal is owned by KKK. That means that billboard is promoting KKK. How is not that racist?

There are some people who are racist but they are honest with their stand and they do not hide their racism. They are still wrong but at least they are honest with their stand in the life. Then, you have some people who are racist but they have not come out of the closet and they want to stay in the closet. It is this latter group which tries to justify its racist stand by twisting facts and logic in an attempt to come across not as racist.

Reading forums and threads like these is depressing because it tells us that fight against racism is far from over.

There are some people who are racist but they are honest with their stand and they do not hide their racism. They are still wrong but at least they are honest with their stand in the life. Then, you have some people who are racist but they have not come out of the closet and they want to stay in the closet. It is this latter group which tries to justify its racist stand by twisting facts and logic in an attempt to come across not as racist.

Reading forums and threads like these is depressing because it tells us that fight against racism is far from over.

Sure, some people are miserable jerks and think everyone is a racist and out to get them. They are sick and need help.

If the sign was saying "It's not racist to love black people" that would not be racist, even of the Black Panthers were behind it,...

Only WHITE people are racist.

Stop racism!! Vote Democrat!

If the sign was saying "It's not racist to love black people" that would not be racist, even of the Black Panthers were behind it,...

Only WHITE people are racist.

Stop racism!! Vote Democrat!

Yeah, well some people have to try to paint everyone who disagrees with their viewpoints as "racists" because they have to compensate for being losers.

That radio station / web portal is owned by KKK. That means that billboard is promoting KKK. How is not that racist?

Talking about the message, not the promoters. There is nothing inherently racist about the message, whether you like it or not.
I do not understand why people keep feeding the trolls. The promoters are the reason it is racist. If I posted the same billboard it wouldn't be plain and simple.

Talking about the message, not the promoters. There is nothing inherently racist about the message, whether you like it or not.
I do not understand why people keep feeding the trolls. The promoters are the reason it is racist. If I posted the same billboard it wouldn't be plain and simple.

You know what pisses me off too? People who come to LIVE in this country after immigrating from some 3rd world shit hole, and soak up all the wonderful things about our country, all the while insulting Americans, calling us racists, etc. I wish those people would just GTFO of our country and go back to their shit holes.

Forum List

Back