Is this the end of our democracy?

Actually no. You're not correct. At least with the EC. With representation in the Senate you are.

States have a certain amount of EC votes. According to the population. So a state like California and Texas that has large populations are going to have more EC votes than Alaska or Idaho because those states don't have very many people.

I believe the calculation, I could be wrong on this, is the number of people your state sends to the House of Reps plus the number of Senators they send to the Senate. So states like Alaska or Idaho are going to have only a small handful of EC votes. California and Texas are going to have many times the amount of votes than Alaska or Idaho.

So Alaska only has 3 electoral votes, Idaho has 4, Texas has 38 and California has 55.

Your theory applies to the Senate. Every state sends 2 people to the senate no matter the population. So everyone has the same representation in the Senate.

EXCEPT

Those who live in Washington DC. The people who live in Washington DC have no representation in the Senate and only one person representing them in the House and that person isn't allowed to vote.

Washington DC does have 3 electoral votes for president.

We're both right. I have explained my reasoning many times on this board. I don't think I have to you so I don't mind doing so again.

California has 55 EC votes. It has a population of 40 million. There is one EC vote per 727,000 people.
Alaska has 3 EC votes. It has a population of 740,000. There is one EC vote per 246,000 people. That is inherently unfair on Californian voters (before you conservatives get all het up you can do the same for Texas). For it to be truly fair, California should have 162 EC votes, or alternatively, Alaska 1 (which is impossible because each Senator represents 1EC vote from memory)...

If the Democrats successfully remove President Trump from office will it mean be the end of our Representative Constitutional Democracy?
Because if they can get away with totally fabricing evidence for an impeachment, they will do it again and again until we are a one party country.
What do you think it will mean?

I feel that if they are successful it will end in bloodshed. It is so obvious that what they are doing is merely political insurrection i feel the backlash will be terrible. A tragedy for the country if it happens.

I feel that if they are successful it will end in bloodshed. It is so obvious that what they are doing is merely political insurrection i feel the backlash will be terrible. A tragedy for the country if it happens.

Stop being so melodramatic. If they can impeach Clinton for a blow job they can impeach this Piece of Shit for Ukraine. Christ, if Pelosi had any balls she could have impeached on any number of things.

I am no longer surprised at you guys trying to protect this scumbag. You get what you deserve.

lmao...I sense anger in your tone......Get ready for 4 more Trump years.
View attachment 287433

not even close to mad. I think it's hilarious.
Might get four more years....doubt it though. Americans aren't that stupid. His base is, but quite a few who voted for him last time won't be doing it again. Too embarrassed I'm guessing.
I'd agree with you, if all I knew about Americans is what I saw on CNN.

[

Is there some of manual called Deplorables 101. You morons come up with the same drivel. Can none of you think for yourselves or have an original thought?

Trump wasn't an original thought ?

He wasn't supposed to win the primary.

He wasn't supposed to win the general.

You fuckers were all over the place saying it was slam dunk.

He was a moron...he'd never make it.

Politics is first and foremost about entertainment and we've never had it be more entertaining than it is nowadays. I sit back and laugh at all of it. So in that ways it's good. Taking it seriously is a huge mistake.

Stop being so melodramatic. If they can impeach Clinton for a blow job they can impeach this Piece of Shit for Ukraine. Christ, if Pelosi had any balls she could have impeached on any number of things.

I am no longer surprised at you guys trying to protect this scumbag. You get what you deserve.

The difference is that clinton lied under oath. He actually committed a crime. Trump has now PROVABLY, not. He was under the most intense, and biased, investigation that this country has ever seen and they couldn't pin a crime on him. You lose, cupcake.

[

Is there some of manual called Deplorables 101. You morons come up with the same drivel. Can none of you think for yourselves or have an original thought?

Trump is, and always will be, a fucking idiot. And a moron. What has original thought got to do with thinking for yourselves?

The difference is that clinton lied under oath. He actually committed a crime. Trump has now PROVABLY, not. He was under the most intense, and biased, investigation that this country has ever seen and they couldn't pin a crime on him. You lose, cupcake.

I couldn't give two shits if Clinton lied under oath about a blow job. It was nobody's business but his own. Bush's WMDs however....

Also, what horseshit - provably not - the party hasn't even started yet. Stop doing this Fake News shit Westwall. It's beneath you. Mueller's report was not fully disclosed. And the impeachment process hasn't even started properly yet. Unless you're privy to some knowledge nobody else is, you have no idea.

Grump, c'mon, where you at? I have important opinions about wherever the hell it is you're from.

I reckon I've mentioned it at least 15-20 times on this board over the past 13 years. Go find it....

...and you know what, when you do. Spout your opinion. I couldn't give two shits if you do or don't.

[

You mean original thoughts like ORANGE MAN BAD?

Orange man is bad...dumb...incurious....misogynist....narcissistic...vain...fat...Deplorable. And he's all yours...

Actually no. You're not correct. At least with the EC. With representation in the Senate you are.

States have a certain amount of EC votes. According to the population. So a state like California and Texas that has large populations are going to have more EC votes than Alaska or Idaho because those states don't have very many people.

I believe the calculation, I could be wrong on this, is the number of people your state sends to the House of Reps plus the number of Senators they send to the Senate. So states like Alaska or Idaho are going to have only a small handful of EC votes. California and Texas are going to have many times the amount of votes than Alaska or Idaho.

So Alaska only has 3 electoral votes, Idaho has 4, Texas has 38 and California has 55.

Your theory applies to the Senate. Every state sends 2 people to the senate no matter the population. So everyone has the same representation in the Senate.

EXCEPT

Those who live in Washington DC. The people who live in Washington DC have no representation in the Senate and only one person representing them in the House and that person isn't allowed to vote.

Washington DC does have 3 electoral votes for president.

We're both right. I have explained my reasoning many times on this board. I don't think I have to you so I don't mind doing so again.

California has 55 EC votes. It has a population of 40 million. There is one EC vote per 727,000 people.
Alaska has 3 EC votes. It has a population of 740,000. There is one EC vote per 246,000 people. That is inherently unfair on Californian voters (before you conservatives get all het up you can do the same for Texas). For it to be truly fair, California should have 162 EC votes, or alternatively, Alaska 1 (which is impossible because each Senator represents 1EC vote from memory)...

I see your point. It's a good one.

Like I stated earlier, I don't like the EC but it's what we have. Changing it would be difficult and time consuming.

That's life in the big city.

The way to make sure far right radical conservative extremist crazy people aren't in our government is to vote.

Low voter turn outs elect a republican.

[

Trump is, and always will be, a fucking idiot. And a moron. What has original thought got to do with thinking for yourselves?

What's funny is even with an MSM that has attacked him at every turn, and a Congress that has obstructed him at every opportunity, Trump has managed to deliver on almost every promise he made, has increased the middle age income by five times what obummer did in eight years, has been the least war mongering president in decades, and has helped minorities more than any president since Lincoln.

Doesn't sound like a moron to me.

I couldn't give two shits if Clinton lied under oath about a blow job. It was nobody's business but his own. Bush's WMDs however....

Also, what horseshit - provably not - the party hasn't even started yet. Stop doing this Fake News shit Westwall. It's beneath you. Mueller's report was not fully disclosed. And the impeachment process hasn't even started properly yet. Unless you're privy to some knowledge nobody else is, you have no idea.

If there had been ANYTHING discovered by mewler, it would have been trumpeted to the heavens.

You know it, and I know it.

Forum List

Back