Is This Woman Fat?

Its the mere thought that someone could consider the woman in the OP to be 'fat', when she doesn't even come close. Everyone has a different definition for the term 'fat', but some people are just ridiculous when they assume that a tiny bit of tummy fat means you are obese.

She isn't fat, but she is overweight and plain looking. I feel sorry for the average Australian man

It must be just me, but I am not seeing anything to indicate she is overweight. *shrug*

Now you're just being dishonest.

IF that extra 15 kilos was in her breast I believe all would be well, until an older age where augmentation would be necessary.

This woman is what the average Australian woman looks like, in weight and in height. She weighs 70 kilos, which is around 154 pounds:

18157-1_n.jpg

People on the street were asked if they believed her to be overweight, and their responses actually shock and disgust me:

To me, she is healthy. Not overweight. I don't give a stuff if her BMI says she is borderline overweight, because if we relied on the crap that is the Body Mass Index, footballers would be obese!

What do you think? I am skinnier than she is, about ten kilos lighter, but I don't think she looks even remotely fat. She looks normal.

The average height of an Australian woman is 5'4.5", the average weight is 157 lbs.
At 5'5' and 157 lbs, one is over weight (my opinion). She looks over weight to me.
Being average doesn't mean one is not over weight, it just means they fall into the average range.
I expect my 5'5'' women to be closer to the 120-130 lb range. My 53 year old sister is 5'5" and runs about 130 lbs. My ex-wife is 5'6" and runs about 125 lbs. Both of them also have much larger breasts than the woman in the picture. My daughters are slightly smaller, at 5'4" and 5'3", and they each carry about 120 lbs. My ex-wife looks a little skinny, but not unhealthy, the other three look fantastic.

They were asked if she was overweight; not fat. Fat has a very negative connotation. And the responses are right. She is overweight. She needs to lose 20-25 pounds to be at her ideal weight.

Weird how overweight became fat in this thread...without any forcing at all.

I love this thread, it tells more about the commenters then they might wish.

This woman is what the average Australian woman looks like, in weight and in height. She weighs 70 kilos, which is around 154 pounds:

18157-1_n.jpg

People on the street were asked if they believed her to be overweight, and their responses actually shock and disgust me:

To me, she is healthy. Not overweight. I don't give a stuff if her BMI says she is borderline overweight, because if we relied on the crap that is the Body Mass Index, footballers would be obese!

What do you think? I am skinnier than she is, about ten kilos lighter, but I don't think she looks even remotely fat. She looks normal.

The average height of an Australian woman is 5'4.5", the average weight is 157 lbs.
At 5'5' and 157 lbs, one is over weight (my opinion). She looks over weight to me.
Being average doesn't mean one is not over weight, it just means they fall into the average range.
I expect my 5'5'' women to be closer to the 120-130 lb range. My 53 year old sister is 5'5" and runs about 130 lbs. My ex-wife is 5'6" and runs about 125 lbs. Both of them also have much larger breasts than the woman in the picture. My daughters are slightly smaller, at 5'4" and 5'3", and they each carry about 120 lbs. My ex-wife looks a little skinny, but not unhealthy, the other three look fantastic.

We all have are opinions, give her a little tan, get her out of that funky spandex and into something a little nice,r she'll looking good...Funny how some fat, beer bellied guys expect their women to be Super models or something :eusa_eh:

18157-1_n.jpg

We all have are opinions, give her a little tan, get her out of that funky spandex and into something a little nice,r she'll looking good...Funny how some fat, beer bellied guys expect their women to be Super models or something :eusa_eh:

It isn't that, she just isn't good looking, and she is overweight. Though losing weight would definitely improve her looks. Even if not for reasons of improving appearance, this woman should improve her weight for the sake of her future health.

It depends. If her height is 180 cm - she is not fat, if it is 155 cm - she IS fat( if her weight is 70 kg)

Per picture she is about 168-170 cm , so she is a bit overweight, but not fat.

Her BMI is, probably about 28.

Marilynn Manroe was a size 16. Yes, today's standards she would be considered obese.
My standards of fashion worlds standards? Fuck 'em. :lol:

More BS. All this propaganda does is discourage overweight and obese people from losing weight they need to lose.

The Body of Marilyn Monroe

35-22-35 by Dressmaker's claim is by today's measurements size 0 or 2, but the sizes charts have changed extremely, so she might have been 6 or 8 by the early 60s.
( to lazy to check )))))

In case you didn't notice, you don't get to define what other people think is beautiful.

I know that comes as a shock to you.

So, no, it's not relativist bullshit -- it's the absolute truth.

No it isn't. It is clear who is beautiful and who is ugly. Outliers like you don't matter as far as societal consensus goes.
It is clear who is beautiful and who is ugly -- TO YOU.

The men who pay to watch this woman eat think she's beautiful, and your pitiful foot-stamping changes nothing.

The designers who paid this walking skeleton to model their clothes think she's beautiful, and your childish tantrum changes nothing.

I think this woman is beautiful. White supremacists don't. Your opinion matters to neither of us.

But please, by all means -- continue believing you have the authority to dictate what beauty is. Your petulant arrogance amuses me.

:lmao:

I basically agree with you, except the photo of the model is photo-shopped, IMHO.

Yes, I know about eating disorders in models, but the proportions of the head and the body do not match :D

She isn't fat, but she is overweight and plain looking. I feel sorry for the average Australian man

It must be just me, but I am not seeing anything to indicate she is overweight. *shrug*

No, I am not. She is wearing spandex, which is tight around the middle, pushing her tummy fat up, to give the impression she is carrying extra weight around her middle. Put her in a dress and you wouldn't even notice it.

She is not overweight, at least not by my standards.

I doubt that stupid woman even gave birth to those children.

"Fat-shaming, fit-shaming or being ashamed…whatever you want to call it, I don’t like saying it. No one should ever feel ashamed for who they are. You can’t create a positive future built on the foundation of shame. The problem I see is we are shifting to a society that accepts being overweight/obese as the norm. When being unhealthy is normalized, it makes people complacent to change. There is a fine line when you say something is ‘unacceptable’ versus being ‘shameful’. I believe that we should not shame those who are challenged with their weight but instead support them and understand where their struggle stems from." ~ Maria Kang

I can see why you think she is stupid.

4 words I will Never Use. | Maria Kang

No, I am not. She is wearing spandex, which is tight around the middle, pushing her tummy fat up, to give the impression she is carrying extra weight around her middle. Put her in a dress and you wouldn't even notice it.

She is not overweight, at least not by my standards.

I don't believe you. I think you want to tell yourself that, but if true it means your standards are not standard.

Forum List

Back