🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is "Thug" the new N word?

The President and the Mayor used the word "Thug" and I personally see no racial insinuation in their statements. Criminals, such as what we saw in Baltimore were thugs, regardless if they were black, white, or green. JMHO
Correct.

This is an example of the intelligence and sophistication needed to understand the difference, to possess the communicative competence to express meaning and intent; an individual engaging in criminal acts can be referred to as a thug, regardless of race – as opposed to racists who refer to all African-American males as 'thugs,' whether they're engaged in criminal acts or not.

'Thug' in the context of racism seeks to propagate the lie that all young black males are 'predisposed' to crime and violence, and that crime and violence is 'inherent' in the black race.

The President and the Mayor used the word "Thug" and I personally see no racial insinuation in their statements. Criminals, such as what we saw in Baltimore were thugs, regardless if they were black, white, or green. JMHO
Correct.

This is an example of the intelligence and sophistication needed to understand the difference, to possess the communicative competence to express meaning and intent; an individual engaging in criminal acts can be referred to as a thug, regardless of race – as opposed to racists who refer to all African-American males as 'thugs,' whether they're engaged in criminal acts or not.

'Thug' in the context of racism seeks to propagate the lie that all young black males are 'predisposed' to crime and violence, and that crime and violence is 'inherent' in the black race.

While the President and the Mayor referred to the criminals looting in Baltimore as Thugs, I have seen instances when young black men just hanging out on the corner have been assigned the same title. The intent in that case was one wrapped in racism and prejudice. There is a huge difference.

When%2BBlack%2BPeople%2BProtest%2BVS%2BWhen%2BWhite%2BPeople%2BProtest.jpg

you're such a fucking idiot it's amazing

Yes, blacks are a naturally violent people
That is 100% incorrect and just plain ignorant. Whites, Asian and other races are and can also violent but not naturally violent.
One time I had a flat tire not sure what time but it was after 12am and very dark. This was on 5 fwy towards San Diego. Guess who stopped and offered helped. Four big blacks all looks like gangsters with old ugly car. Boy I thought I am in trouble but I was shocked how nice they were. They stayed with me till AAA arrived. While waiting we are all having nice conversation asking me all sorts of questions how much is my car, how much is my watch, what I do etc. When AAA arrived I tried to give them money but they all refused. I also offered if I can buy them drinks also refused. They told be safe and drove off.

Yes, blacks are a naturally violent people
That is 100% incorrect and just plain ignorant. Whites, Asian and other races are and can also violent but not naturally violent.
One time I had a flat tire not sure what time but it was after 12am and very dark. This was on 5 fwy towards San Diego. Guess who stopped and offered helped. Four big blacks all looks like gangsters with old ugly car. Boy I thought I am in trouble but I was shocked how nice they were. They stayed with me till AAA arrived. While waiting we are all having nice conversation asking me all sorts of questions how much is my car, how much is my watch, what I do etc. When AAA arrived I tried to give them money but they all refused. I also offered if I can buy them drinks also refused. They told be safe and drove off.
Tank would have peed himself and fainted if that would have happened to him. :laugh:

Some of my best friends are honky cracker rednecks. Iwas recently called that, Contribute enough $ On the USMB, and one of those word monitors in 1984 get up in your face. The destruction of speech, it's a beautiful thing. Certain words, verboten. Say anything else you want here, but Al Roker with a cigar avatar will hurt you.

does this mean that the term thug can no longer be used for a sports teams name? I was so looking forward to watching a game between the rednecks and the thugs.

Some of my best friends are honky cracker rednecks. Iwas recently called that, Contribute enough $ On the USMB, and one of those word monitors in 1984 get up in your face. The destruction of speech, it's a beautiful thing. Certain words, verboten. Say anything else you want here, but Al Roker with a cigar avatar will hurt you.

Want some cheese with that whine?

White people that convulse on the ground and whine about the consequences of using any type of hate speech have to be the most pitiful people on the face of the planet. :itsok:

The most important things to Negros is sex, fighting and crying racism.

Anyone remember that Dave chapell bit where he talked about dressing like a police officer?

Want some cheese with that whine?
You don't date often, do you? So sensitive and earnest.

Anyone remember that Dave chapell bit where he talked about dressing like a police officer?

i am still surprised that the loony left hasn't demanded that someone change the name of the nation of Nigeria. maybe they can change it to something a little more conservative?

They would ban Samuel Clemens for sure on this board. Pull his entire message, over one word. Big brother is watching YOU. Smoke all you want, say nasty misogynistic or racism against whites, NO PROBLEMO. I guess I should be glad I am not banned altogether, like I said USMB is on shaky ground here. People that deny selling gays cakes, they get their day in court. People that burn flags, piddly but offensive. But one word, you can't say? They never answered that. Why NOT?

Yep.

The PC Police are obviously trying to control the language, again, but it may not work this time.

There is no 'PC police,' the notion is ignorant and unfounded – 'political correctness' is a myth contrived by the partisan right in an effort to mask the racism that manifests among the ranks of republicans and conservatives, racism such as referring to all African-American males as 'thugs.'
Well Gee...............When I see a white man due stupid stuff or commit a crime I call him a thug or a scumbag as well.............

But if I say that about black men doing the same I'm a racist...............flip the coin because I say the same for thugs and scumbags who aren't black either........................Does that make me a Racist against whites if I do so...............

Because if the shoe fits..............wear it...............

It is dummies like you that use this junk to incite more violence and whine when you see people say something about it with blacks..............but where is the concern when a police officer shoots a white man.................why aren't you crying Racist then...................because it doesn't sell and we don't BURN DOWN THE TOWN WHEN IT HAPPENS..............

The problem with these situations aren't people like me.........it is the one's who throw GASOLINE on the Fire and try to play WORD GAMES with what's going on...............Telling everyone they are the Racist ones for saying they are Thugs...........Hoolagans............and so forth...................Telling everyone how to be proper................

In Europe they already have laws against speaking your mind.............saying thug...........or even Islamic Terrorist is a crime...........or the thought police.............

It's all BS as is those who help INCITE this mess by joining the Thugs saying it's racist.

The word "thug" is used to attempt to justify shooting an unarmed black male 5 times in the back and ignoring him as he died.

The word "thug" is used to justify breaking a black male's neck by causing his body to be tossed around a police van.

The word "thug" is used to blame the black victim and excuse murder at the hands of police.

The word "thug" says more negatively about those who use it rather than those it is used against.

Regards from Rosie
The word thug is being used to identify those who are looting and burning over RACISM............Usually to other people that had nothing to do with the whole dang thing.................

Hey..........that cop is racist..............let's burn down this guys store...........Yeap............that will really fix things.....................In Ferguson the so called eye witnesses were lying...............HAND'S UP DON'T SHOOT got shot down via eye witnesses and evidence..................yet they were pillaging through the area...............

Is it Ok to say PILLAGE..................Can't call them thugs...................Maybe the correct term is BAD BAD BLACK PEOPLE..............

The whole PC junk is garbage.

The most important things to Negros is sex, fighting and crying racism.
The most important things to whites like you are having sex with your close relatives, picking your head lice, and being afraid of Black guys.
Which is a black man being racist against whites and Southerners by yourself..................saying we are inbred and the like.................Nothing to the truth...............

You see when some idiot like you says these things we recognize you as a idiot...........or Jeff Foxworthy here's your sign..................

We don't burn the place down because or itty bitty feelings got hurt...........over the death there are the courts....................with evidence so dirty cops can get their day...............which is how it should be dealt with............not by burning a police car.

Forum List

Back