Is Tom Brady the Greatest Ever?

Is Tom Brady the Greatest Ever?

• Yes

Votes: 33 62.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 37.7%

• Total voters
I think that's the way it has played out, Papa...but that's only because the Patriot's coaching staff was able to win with backups at QB. People like Phallics are butt hurt because the suspension and loss of a first round draft pick that they THOUGHT would hamstring the Patriots...didn't!

Goodell being a pussy and not showing his face at Foxboro simply illustrates how badly he handled the entire situation from the get go.

new-england-patriots-deflategate-memes_2.png

For those who do not want to factor in all the information regarding Brady and just how he got his wins can keep their hero. It doe snot matter much...those fools would gladly fork over their hard earned dollars to an illusion.

I would consider many QBs including those you mentioned over Brady.

Have you even watched Brady and the Patriots since "Deflategate"? Tom Brady just utterly dismantled the Steelers throwing to a receiver that the Buffalo Bills didn't want. He's won behind patchwork offensive lines. He's won with injuries taking away his best receivers. He's won with an anemic running game. His two favorite receivers right now are a tiny guy who used to play quarterback at Kent State and a guy who played college lacrosse!

You're a clueless Brady hater, Phallics! You always have been...you always will be.
I do not like cheaters, no secret there.

I do not take clowns that claim they smoked Jack Nicholson's joint very seriously either..
...know what I mean PUFFER?:smoke::rofl:

Oh yea how is your very good and close friend Steve Spagnoulo...:uhoh3::slap:

Still obsessed about men's genitals, Phallics? Some things never change!
Hardly, your need to be validated by another man and his accomplishments has never wavered though. You never answered, how is your good friend Steve doing?

Do you still hold the opinion that Brady is the greatest taking into account the cheating that helped him achieve his stats and wins and the acts that caused the NFL to suspend him?

What's amusing is that the same NFL Commissioner who suspended Tom Brady for four games, fined the Patriots a million dollars and took away their first round draft choice because a ball was believed to be under inflated had essentially the same situation occur with two Steeler's footballs being measured by the Giants following interceptions and both believed to be under inflated. So what was the punishment for the Steelers? There was none. Zero...zip...nada! Not even the $25,000 penalty for altering balls that's in the rule book. There is a reason why Roger Goodell won't come to Foxboro. He'd get run out of the State on a rail!

Do I think Tom Brady is the best ever? Yes I do and I would point to his taking the Patriots right back to the Super Bowl DESPITE the four game suspension...despite the loss of the team's first round draft pick and despite the loss of his number one offensive weapon, Rob Gronkowski...as the reason why I think that!

As for Spags? He's doing great. Totally rebuilt the Giant's defense this year and made them into one of the league's better units! How are your Ravens doing? :blowup:

The fact is the Patriots and Brady have a history of cheating along with their wins.

All I am asking is that you folks are figuring in with him being the greatest ever?

Have you even watched Brady and the Patriots since "Deflategate"? Tom Brady just utterly dismantled the Steelers throwing to a receiver that the Buffalo Bills didn't want. He's won behind patchwork offensive lines. He's won with injuries taking away his best receivers. He's won with an anemic running game. His two favorite receivers right now are a tiny guy who used to play quarterback at Kent State and a guy who played college lacrosse!

You're a clueless Brady hater, Phallics! You always have been...you always will be.

I do not take clowns that claim they smoked Jack Nicholson's joint very seriously either..

Hardly, your need to be validated by another man and his accomplishments has never wavered though. You never answered, how is your good friend Steve doing?

Do you still hold the opinion that Brady is the greatest taking into account the cheating that helped him achieve his stats and wins and the acts that caused the NFL to suspend him?

What's amusing is that the same NFL Commissioner who suspended Tom Brady for four games, fined the Patriots a million dollars and took away their first round draft choice because a ball was believed to be under inflated had essentially the same situation occur with two Steeler's footballs being measured by the Giants following interceptions and both believed to be under inflated. So what was the punishment for the Steelers? There was none. Zero...zip...nada! Not even the $25,000 penalty for altering balls that's in the rule book. There is a reason why Roger Goodell won't come to Foxboro. He'd get run out of the State on a rail!

Do I think Tom Brady is the best ever? Yes I do and I would point to his taking the Patriots right back to the Super Bowl DESPITE the four game suspension...despite the loss of the team's first round draft pick and despite the loss of his number one offensive weapon, Rob Gronkowski...as the reason why I think that!

As for Spags? He's doing great. Totally rebuilt the Giant's defense this year and made them into one of the league's better units! How are your Ravens doing? :blowup:

I think the four game suspension helped the Pats, gave Brady four games to rest up, and four weeks to get more pissed off and determined. The NFL did the Pats a favor.
The 4 game suspension is what taints his legacy in addition to the other instances of cheating.

I think the four game suspension helped the Pats, gave Brady four games to rest up, and four weeks to get more pissed off and determined. The NFL did the Pats a favor.
The 4 game suspension is what taints his legacy in addition to the other instances of cheating.

Someone has to pass, some one has to catch.. Someone has to coach

Yes Tom is probably the greatest quarter back of all time.

And this is from a die hard bears fan

For those who do not want to factor in all the information regarding Brady and just how he got his wins can keep their hero. It doe snot matter much...those fools would gladly fork over their hard earned dollars to an illusion.

I would consider many QBs including those you mentioned over Brady.

Actually the 4 game suspension showed you could plug anyone in and the pats would still win

Someone has to pass, some one has to catch.. Someone has to coach

Yes Tom is probably the greatest quarter back of all time.

And this is from a die hard bears fan
I see a cheater that disqualifies him

The standard for me in my profession is to be honest.that is true for everyone I know. Brady should be held to that same standard.

Actually the 4 game suspension showed you could plug anyone in and the pats would still win

"the 4 game suspension showed you could plug anyone in and the pats would still win"

I agree, thanks for proving my point regarding Brady :thup:

"the 4 game suspension showed you could plug anyone in and the pats would still win"

But you could probably say that about Montana. Look at Steve young. Plug anyone in.

And Terry Bradshaw? Was he that good?

My response to that, Sealy...would be that it's laughable to label Tom Brady a "system" quarterback that wins because of what he has around him because in large part Tom Brady IS the system in New England! Did those plug ins win because they got to watch how one of the greatest ever to play the game conducts himself on a week to week basis? Does anyone want to make the point that a major part of the Patriots success isn't Tom Brady's laser focus and commitment to football? Has there ever been a quarterback who's played this well at this age? Even someone close? That isn't because of a "system"...that's because of Brady!

And what the four game suspension "proved" was that the CBA gave the NFL Commissioner the power to enact any punishment he felt like on any player he felt like. It in no way proved guilt on the part of Brady. The question of guilt was addressed by the lower court judge who found in Brady's favor and chastised the NFL for the total lack of proof that they presented to him.

But you could probably say that about Montana. Look at Steve young. Plug anyone in.

Yes look at Steve young, he was a reject from Tampa Bay.. You bring up a good point

Of course Montana/Young. I never said he was the "greatest" someone else suggested that.

All I am saying is that you are spot on about Brady not being the greatest with your wonderful example.

And what the four game suspension "proved" was that the CBA gave the NFL Commissioner the power to enact any punishment he felt like on any player he felt like. It in no way proved guilt on the part of Brady. The question of guilt was addressed by the lower court judge who found in Brady's favor and chastised the NFL for the total lack of proof that they presented to him.
Brady destroyed evidence among other things that is an egregious offense. Brady ultimately AGREED to pay the price for his transgression and role in Deflategate, that must be figured into his legacy.

I do understand how you rationalize the issue....in your role as the goose shit cleaning caddy wannabe you have no such restrictions on conduct or expectations to be morally correct.

Tom Brady adding to long list of postseason records
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 14, 2017, 9:52 AM EST
New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady holds up Vince Lombardi Trophy after the Patriots defeated the Seattle Seahawks 28-24 in NFL Super Bowl XLIX football game Sunday, Feb. 1, 2015, in Glendale, Ariz. (AP Photo/Mark Humphrey)

When the Patriots face the Texans tonight, Tom Brady will break a record of his own just by stepping on the field, and then he’ll break more of his own records as the game goes on.

Brady will be playing in the 32nd postseason game of his career, which is the most in NFL history. He’s the first player ever to play the equivalent of two full seasons in the postseason. Here are all the career postseason records Brady owns:

Games played: Brady set the record of 31 last year, surpassing his old teammate Adam Vinatieri, who has played in 30 career postseason games. Tonight will be Brady’s 32nd career postseason game. Brady’s Patriots are 22-9 in the games he’s started; no other quarterback has been on the winning team more than 16 times.

Pass attempts: Brady has thrown 1,183 passes in the postseason, 156 more than second-place Peyton Manning. Brady will keep adding to that record tonight, and it’s a record no one will approach for many years, if ever: Ben Roethlisberger, with 540 career postseason passes, is second among active players, and he’s not even halfway to Brady’s total.

Pass completions: Brady owns the record with 738 postseason completions, 89 more than Peyton Manning. Again, no active player is close: Roethlisberger is second among active players with 334.

Yards gained: Brady has 7,957, which is 618 more than Peyton Manning. Roethlisberger is the active leader with 4,249.

300-yard games: Brady has 10 games of at least 300 yards passing, one more than Peyton Manning. Brady has thrown for at least 300 yards in each of his last three postseason games, and if he does it again tonight he’ll have four in a row, which would tie Dan Fouts for the most consecutive 300-yard postseason games.

Touchdown passes: Brady has 56 career postseason touchdown passes, 11 more than second-place Joe Montana. Aaron Rodgers is second among active players with 31.

Brady also owns the single-game postseason completion percentage at 92.9 percent, going 26-for-28 in a 2007 game against the Jaguars. And he co-owns the single-game postseason touchdown record, with six touchdowns in a win over the Broncos in 2011.

Brady destroyed evidence among other things that is an egregious offense. Brady ultimately AGREED to pay the price for his transgression and role in Deflategate, that must be figured into his legacy.

I do understand how you rationalize the issue....in your role as the goose shit cleaning caddy wannabe you have no such restrictions on conduct or expectations to be morally correct.

Brady has NEVER admitted guilt. EVER.

In your role as "Chief Brady Hater" for the US Message Board you base your contention that Brady "cheated" on the singular fact that Goodell won in court. That win wasn't about guilt or innocence however...it was only about power...the power of the NFL Commissioner to impose whatever penalty on a player that he saw fit.

The NFL players of yesteryear would be laughed out of the league. Too small, too slow and too weak

Let's see Tom Brady get up.after being sacked by Dick Butkus, under the old rules. Let's see Julian Edelman go across the middle knowing that "Night Train" Lane will be there waiting for him.

Nasty makes up for a lot of physical differences. As does today's set of non-contact rules.

Lane...who is SMALLER (and I'd bet slower) than Edelman? By the time the ball gets there, Edelman will be three yards past Night Train...and a slow freight can't catch an express!

Butkus, who would be trying to get past guys having at least 50lbs on him (Nate Solder has 6" and 75lbs)? Between the amazing Dante Scarnecchia's O-line coaching, Brady's incredible speed (quickest release in the NFL), and his preference for the shotgun, he'd be fine.

The NFL players of yesteryear would be laughed out of the league. Too small, too slow and too weak

Let's see Tom Brady get up.after being sacked by Dick Butkus, under the old rules. Let's see Julian Edelman go across the middle knowing that "Night Train" Lane will be there waiting for him.

Nasty makes up for a lot of physical differences. As does today's set of non-contact rules.

LOL

Today's players would bowl right over Dick Butkus and run circles around Night Train Lane
Not a chance. Those two were freaks of nature.

Dude...they're slow and undersized by the standards of even 15 years ago. Butkus would be spotting most lineman fifty pounds (offhand, he spots 5-years-retired Matt Light 55) and most more than that.

Quarterback for football player?

For player I would go with Jerry Rice.

For QB- well stats be damned- I will go with Joe Montana.

Perhaps I am biased.

Brady is good no doubt but not the best. Think Bret Farve.

There are 3 greatest quarterbacks of all time with 4 Superbowls each Brady, Montana and Bradshaw. If he wins this one, Brady is number one.

cheaters dont count so if we are talking greatest in the superbowl era,the only question is who is the best quarterback in the modern day era between Bradshaw and Montana?:biggrin: same as how Barry Bonds does not count as having the record for most home runs in a season so the question would be who is the greatest home run hitter Ruth or Maris.:biggrin:
Unlike Brady, Montana was and is a PROVEN CHEATER. Might want to move out of that glass house, kid.

Wait, what? I'd like to see some elaboration on this. :)

Stickum and silicon were both used by the 9ers and Montana had knowledge. Also the 9ers would fake headset issues to allow Montana to run his set plays. No big deal, just like Brady wasn't a big deal. As Montana said, if you ain't cheating you ain't trying.

I'm just wondering how Montana is a "proven cheater" while Brady is not. :lol:

Montana threw to receivers who coated their hands with Stick-Um and their jerseys with grease. And unlike the witch-hunt against Brady, this is irrefutable FACT.

Also note: per NFL rules, the penalties for using Stick-Um and for an underinflated football are IDENTICAL!

Last edited:

Brady has NEVER admitted guilt. EVER.

In your role as "Chief Brady Hater" for the US Message Board you base your contention that Brady "cheated" on the singular fact that Goodell won in court. That win wasn't about guilt or innocence however...it was only about power...the power of the NFL Commissioner to impose whatever penalty on a player that he saw fit.
Brady AGREED to punishment:itsok:

Tom Brady Agrees to Serve Four Game Deflategate Suspension

Tom Brady Agrees to Serve Four Game Deflategate Suspension - Breitbart

Forum List

Back