Is Tom Brady the Greatest Ever?

Is Tom Brady the Greatest Ever?

• Yes

Votes: 33 62.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 37.7%

• Total voters
For those who wish to overlook the lying, cheating, destruction of evidence and suspension it may have been settled. For those who wish to preserve the integrity of the sport and respect those of the fan base who actually have a sense of morality and propriety and want to have a sense of sportsmanship and integrity in the NFL Brady bad acts will remain a sticking point in an ongoing discussion.

In a league corrupted by steroids and growth hormones......a silly under inflated is laughable

That is why the whole cheating issue is such a farce. If you hold, pass interference, roughing the passer, facemask, any of those are cheating. There are penalties for all the cheating. To claim you can't be considered great because you cheated, pretty much have to exclude every player.
What a stud Tom Brady is. How many more superbowls does he have in him?

That's why he's the greatest. He has 5 superbowls and he's working on a 6th. If I were Brady I would take the first 4 games off next year. Give his protege some reps and finish with a healthy Tom Brady. Would anyone bet against him? Besides Alex and he who shall not be named.

Tom Brady is the best because he gets it done
BooBoo: "Tom Brady is the best because he gets it done" by cheating, lying and destroying evidence.

FFFY...:itsok:
I'd be more upset if they threw games..Cheating to win I respect as long as you don't get caught.

Pass interference and holding are great moves if the refs don't see it.

There are set penalties for "holding". If the officials think you committed a penalty they throw a flag and you're penalized a known yardage. There was a set penalty for altering a football. It's $25,000. It's not a million. It's not the loss of a first round draft pick. It's not the loss of your best player for a quarter of the season!

How do you think other teams and fan bases would react if the ref decided that pass interference penalty should not only cost your team yardage...but also a huge fine, a draft pick and your cornerback suspended for four games?

You want to know why Roger Goodell was booed like he was at the Super Bowl? Because he DIDN'T prove Brady was guilty of anything...yet imposed the penalties he did on the Patriots and Tom Brady regardless!

It's why Goodell hasn't shown his face in New England in two years and probably won't for the rest of his life.
Well let's not forget the Patriots are cheaters and needed to be punished. I know it's a big business too but it's also a game and there has to be penalties when teams cheat.

And only a liar says the Patriots never cheated.

To me this doesn't deminishes how great Tom Brady is. It makes him and bellicheck seem super competitive and I respect that. You got caught then hired a bunch of slick lawyers. Lol. But so what? I wish the lions cheated.

With all due respect, Sealy...the NFL hired their "slick lawyers"...spent a whole lot of money on the Well's Report...and they got laughed out of court when they tried to prove Brady cheated!

The Lions have cheated. Every damn team in the NFL has! What infuriates Patriot fans is that we've become the poster boys for "cheating" getting fined millions and losing draft picks for doing the same thing that other teams have received much less punishment for. Deflategate was a joke. It always was. How did THAT cost the Patriots a million dollars, a first round draft pick and the loss of our star quarterback for a quarter of the season?

The only real reason the NFL went after Brady was to protect the commissioners power. The commissioner has the power to suspend, fine and take away draft choices, no matter the team or the player. The court didn't rule whether Brady cheated or not, it ruled that the commissioner has the right to fine and suspend players.

You want to know why Roger Goodell was booed like he was at the Super Bowl? Because he DIDN'T prove Brady was guilty of anything...yet imposed the penalties he did on the Patriots and Tom Brady regardless!

It's why Goodell hasn't shown his face in New England in two years and probably won't for the rest of his life.
Well let's not forget the Patriots are cheaters and needed to be punished. I know it's a big business too but it's also a game and there has to be penalties when teams cheat.

To me this doesn't deminishes how great Tom Brady is. It makes him and bellicheck seem super competitive and I respect that. You got caught then hired a bunch of slick lawyers. Lol. But so what? I wish the lions cheated.

With all due respect, Sealy...the NFL hired their "slick lawyers"...spent a whole lot of money on the Well's Report...and they got laughed out of court when they tried to prove Brady cheated!

The Lions have cheated. Every damn team in the NFL has! What infuriates Patriot fans is that we've become the poster boys for "cheating" getting fined millions and losing draft picks for doing the same thing that other teams have received much less punishment for. Deflategate was a joke. It always was. How did THAT cost the Patriots a million dollars, a first round draft pick and the loss of our star quarterback for a quarter of the season?

OFS: " the NFL hired their "slick lawyers"...spent a whole lot of money on the Well's Report...and they got laughed out of court when they tried to prove Brady cheated!"

Until they won the appeal:uhoh3::laugh::itsok:

For someone that claims to be a lawyer you don't seem to understand the law! (Why does that surprise anyone!)

The NFL's appeal wasn't based on Tom Brady's guilt. That was never argued in the higher court. The ONLY question that was argued was whether the NFL's Collective Bargaining Agreement granted Roger Goodell the power to impose whatever penalties he felt like regardless of proving guilt.

In a league corrupted by steroids and growth hormones......a silly under inflated is laughable

That is why the whole cheating issue is such a farce. If you hold, pass interference, roughing the passer, facemask, any of those are cheating. There are penalties for all the cheating. To claim you can't be considered great because you cheated, pretty much have to exclude every player.

That's why he's the greatest. He has 5 superbowls and he's working on a 6th. If I were Brady I would take the first 4 games off next year. Give his protege some reps and finish with a healthy Tom Brady. Would anyone bet against him? Besides Alex and he who shall not be named.

BooBoo: "Tom Brady is the best because he gets it done" by cheating, lying and destroying evidence.

I'd be more upset if they threw games..Cheating to win I respect as long as you don't get caught.

There are set penalties for "holding". If the officials think you committed a penalty they throw a flag and you're penalized a known yardage. There was a set penalty for altering a football. It's $25,000. It's not a million. It's not the loss of a first round draft pick. It's not the loss of your best player for a quarter of the season!

How do you think other teams and fan bases would react if the ref decided that pass interference penalty should not only cost your team yardage...but also a huge fine, a draft pick and your cornerback suspended for four games?

If the commissioner wants to impose the fines, suspensions and loss of draft picks for holding, the courts say he can. I'm surprised Goodell didn't do this during the Super Bowl. :)

If Tom Brady's "guilt" had been argued in that higher court then the NFL would have gotten it's ass handed to it...once again!

A QB is like a pitcher. He wants the ball to feel a certain way

Brady was not asked.......Do you want to be suspended four games or just play?

His only choice was take the suspension at the start of the season or appeal more and maybe get suspended at the end of the season

Brady and the Patriots took the silly suspension and laughed at the league as they won 17 games anyway

Nonsense, Brady had a legal right and made a conscious decision to disregard that path thereby accepting and agreeing to the punishment for his acts. He chose that, it was not forced on him.

Brady made the choice to lie, to cheat and to destroy evidence and he was suspended. Brady is not a victim but made these choices to gain a competitive advantage against the rules.

Brady is far from the greatest QB, he could not even cheat right. That is the most laughable aspect of his career.

Deflating a football slightly is a petty offense worthy of a $10,000 fine and warning not to do it again.
Any other team would have received a slap on the wrist
LOL Brady could have been a MAN, yes a MAN and owned up....it may have been forgotten. He was a spineless wuss who tried to smack down the tribunal which HE chose in the CBA and got his ass kicked.

He cheated, he lied, he destroyed evidence he got suspended. He lost.

Brady is not the greatest at all.
Brady took his petty suspension, then proceeded to kick the ass of the rest of the league and laugh at Goodell as he accepted his MVP

By suspending Brady, Goodell may have inadvertently handed the Super Bowl to the Patriots. The last couple years of his career, Manning ran out of energy. This just gave Brady four games to rest. He had a 15 season and not a 19 game season.
Some suspension

Pats went 3-1 and only lost a game when they had to go to their third string QB

Guess they learned their lesson

If the commissioner wants to impose the fines, suspensions and loss of draft picks for holding, the courts say he can. I'm surprised Goodell didn't do this during the Super Bowl. :)
Goodell has set the bar pretty low for a four game suspension and loss of a draft pick

Now, every time he gives a lesser punishment, it will be compared to a deflated football

Not a hold but tampering with equipment and destroying evidence among other things.

OFS: " the NFL hired their "slick lawyers"...spent a whole lot of money on the Well's Report...and they got laughed out of court when they tried to prove Brady cheated!"

Until they won the appeal:uhoh3::laugh::itsok:

For someone that claims to be a lawyer you don't seem to understand the law! (Why does that surprise anyone!)

The NFL's appeal wasn't based on Tom Brady's guilt. That was never argued in the higher court. The ONLY question that was argued was whether the NFL's Collective Bargaining Agreement granted Roger Goodell the power to impose whatever penalties he felt like regardless of proving guilt.
Brady had the opportunity to have the the entire matter heard if it was determined that the NFL exceeded their authority.

BTW there are photos of me and my boy on the bench when I acted as chief justice on this site in addition to me performing with him which were posted quite a while ago.

If Tom Brady's "guilt" had been argued in that higher court then the NFL would have gotten it's ass handed to it...once again!
Brady had his opportunity to have all issues heard.

He did not . He knew he would lose.

Nonsense, Brady had a legal right and made a conscious decision to disregard that path thereby accepting and agreeing to the punishment for his acts. He chose that, it was not forced on him.

Brady made the choice to lie, to cheat and to destroy evidence and he was suspended. Brady is not a victim but made these choices to gain a competitive advantage against the rules.

Brady is far from the greatest QB, he could not even cheat right. That is the most laughable aspect of his career.

Deflating a football slightly is a petty offense worthy of a $10,000 fine and warning not to do it again.
LOL Brady could have been a MAN, yes a MAN and owned up....it may have been forgotten. He was a spineless wuss who tried to smack down the tribunal which HE chose in the CBA and got his ass kicked.

Brady took his petty suspension, then proceeded to kick the ass of the rest of the league and laugh at Goodell as he accepted his MVP

By suspending Brady, Goodell may have inadvertently handed the Super Bowl to the Patriots. The last couple years of his career, Manning ran out of energy. This just gave Brady four games to rest. He had a 15 season and not a 19 game season.
Some suspension

Brady's reputation is tarnished beyond repair among people who take his whole career into consideration.

Goodell has set the bar pretty low for a four game suspension and loss of a draft pick

Now, every time he gives a lesser punishment, it will be compared to a deflated football
No..

Some suspension

Yep, pretty much cemented to most people his place as the greatest of all time. I few may Sayers but he will be in the same conversation of Montana and future greats.

You people are unbelievable...you tout some guy's success and "all" he has done on the field, yet you conveniently omit his failings and transgressions then claim he is the greatest.

This says more about you folks than about Brady...:slap:

Last edited:

Some suspension

Yep, pretty much cemented to most people his place as the greatest of all time. I few may Sayers but he will be in the same conversation of Montana and future greats.
After last week Super Bowl, it's hardly up for discussion

You people are unbelievable...you tout some guy's success and "all" he has done on the field, yet you conveniently omit his failings and transgressions then claim he is the greatest.

The fact that you could watch that Super Bowl game and STILL maintain that Tom Brady isn't the best quarterback of all time says more about YOU than it does about Brady!

The fact that you could watch that Super Bowl game and STILL maintain that Tom Brady isn't the best quarterback of all time says more about YOU than it does about Brady!
You are correct, I do not like cheaters and liars. He destroyed evidence in order to avoid facing the NFL like a man and got suspended.

He has talent, no doubt, now all he has to do is become a man and face his realities without hiding behind others.

1j4i4o.jpg

poster,420x415,f8f8f8-pad,420x460,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

You are correct, I do not like cheaters and liars. He destroyed evidence in order to avoid facing the NFL like a man and got suspended.

He has talent, no doubt, now all he has to do is become a man and face his realities without hiding behind others.

Seriously? Tom Brady took on the NFL...an mammoth corporate entity that basically OWNS one day of the week...and their army of lawyers...and kicked their asses in court! He stood up for the players against a Commissioner who considers himself, judge, jury and executioner and through it all never wavered in his statement that he was innocent of the charge that the NFL had brought against him! That's what a "man" does!

Face reality? Like the fact that you know little to nothing about the practice of law yet claim to be a Chief Justice? That kind of "reality", Phallics?

Forum List

Back