Is Tracy Ullman Conservative, or just a good comedian?

I have watched a few of the new Tracy Ullman videos from her new show on the BBC.....and she is either a conservative, or just a good comedian.....she makes fun of political correctness and anti-Christian bias.....

Good comedy is rooted in recognized truths. She done good.

She makes fun of Trump in some of her videos...but the thing is, since she also makes fun of dumb left wingers...it isn't a problem...... she seems to hit both sides, which is the job of comedians.... too many of the American side of comedy forgot that...

When did the job of a comedian become anything other than making people laugh? :eusa_think:

That would be a good question for Colbert or Kimmel and David Letterman.

At least when John Stewart was on despite being liberal, he would rip on both parties.

That's the thing: it's not a question for those people. How they make people laugh is mostly unimportant, as long as they do make people laugh.

Of course, I've never really understood the draw of the late shows. I don't think they are nearly funny enough to waste my time watching. But if enough people enjoy the shows, the hosts are doing what they are paid to do.

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, on the other hand, I found funny quite often. :dunno:

I have watched a few of the new Tracy Ullman videos from her new show on the BBC.....and she is either a conservative, or just a good comedian.....she makes fun of political correctness and anti-Christian bias.....

She makes fun of Trump in some of her videos...but the thing is, since she also makes fun of dumb left wingers...it isn't a problem...... she seems to hit both sides, which is the job of comedians.... too many of the American side of comedy forgot that...

When did the job of a comedian become anything other than making people laugh? :eusa_think:

When the left took over hollywood and the media....

Odd, I've seen plenty of comedians with acts that are not political.

And hasn't Hollywood supposedly been in the control of the left for decades?

When the left took over hollywood and the media....

Odd, I've seen plenty of comedians with acts that are not political.

And hasn't Hollywood supposedly been in the control of the left for decades?

I found these comedians pretty moderate in their politics.

A lot of them have come out as explicitly "anti-Trump," though, to tell the truth, some of them have been known to vote republican. C.K. Louis is related to the Mexican aristocracy and Gervais is well known for trolling SJW's on his twitter. Chris Rock is famously politically incorrect.

They have all come out against doing comedy on campuses due to the current SJW climate that oppresses free speech.

At least when John Stewart was on despite being liberal, he would rip on both parties.

That's the thing: it's not a question for those people. How they make people laugh is mostly unimportant, as long as they do make people laugh.

Of course, I've never really understood the draw of the late shows. I don't think they are nearly funny enough to waste my time watching. But if enough people enjoy the shows, the hosts are doing what they are paid to do.

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, on the other hand, I found funny quite often. :dunno:

I have to agree with 2aguy though, the current Comedy Central shows and late night shows do place the government/corporate fascist regime Deep State's interests over being funny. I find RT's "Redacted Tonight" more humorous than any of them, even though it is probably more far to the left than any of them.

But the fact of the matter is, it pulls no punches, on the left or the right, it just tells the truth, and makes it funny, just like Stewart used to do.

I have to agree with 2aguy though, the current Comedy Central shows and late night shows do place the government/corporate fascist regime Deep State's interests over being funny. I find RT's "Redacted Tonight" more humorous than any of them, even though it is probably more far to the left than any of them.

But the fact of the matter is, it pulls no punches, on the left or the right, it just tells the truth, and makes it funny, just like Stewart used to do.

It suffers from the somewhat amateurish production, but not bad. I particularly liked the line, when talking about how many bombs were dropped during the Obama administration, "He joins an elite group of Nobel-prize winners..." :lol:

I don't watch the late shows or any CC shows at this point, so I don't know how far they have gone toward politics rather than comedy. Still, as before, the point is that they are supposed to draw viewers. If they are doing that, they are doing their jobs. If they don't even try to be funny, then they aren't being comedians, but comedy and politics have been bedfellows forever. I would prefer more comedy and less serious politics from my comedians, but it isn't shocking that politics permeates comedy programming.

It suffers from the somewhat amateurish production, but not bad. I particularly liked the line, when talking about how many bombs were dropped during the Obama administration, "He joins an elite group of Nobel-prize winners..." :lol:

I don't watch the late shows or any CC shows at this point, so I don't know how far they have gone toward politics rather than comedy. Still, as before, the point is that they are supposed to draw viewers. If they are doing that, they are doing their jobs. If they don't even try to be funny, then they aren't being comedians, but comedy and politics have been bedfellows forever. I would prefer more comedy and less serious politics from my comedians, but it isn't shocking that politics permeates comedy programming.

Oh, I agree about the production values. And the talent that Lee Camp has for his correspondents tends to be second rate b/c they don't have the money to hire the best.

On the other hand, they have complete and utter freedom to say and do what ever they want, there is no censorship of topics because the government/corporate state doesn't censor the thoughts and topics. It is refreshing for free thinkers.

If you are interested in it, I highly recommend the episode they did when the Congress and government required them to register as a foreign agent. Clearly the establishment is threatened by what they do.

Forum List

Back