Is Trey Gowdy A RINO Now?

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
Trey Gowdy was on Face The Nation on Sunday and said he is quitting Congress because Republicans believe the ends justifies the means and all that counts is winning. The Republicans do not care about the law or the process. He also said the Nunes memo has no impact on the Mueller investigation as far as the Trump Tower meeting goes, the Cambridge Analytica memo, or George Papadopoulos.

Another man of honor is running away from the corrupt Republican Party as fast as he can.

Trey Gowdy was on Face The Nation on Sunday and said he is quitting Congress because Republicans believe the ends justifies the means and all that counts is winning. The Republicans do not care about the law or the process. He also said the Nunes memo has no impact on the Mueller investigation as far as the Trump Tower meeting goes, the Cambridge Analytica memo, or George Papadopoulos.

Another man of honor is running away from the corrupt Republican Party as fast as he can.

Trey Gowdy was complicit

Republican hack

Let's not forget he wrote the Nunes memo, though. He may be voicing a lot of really noble thoughts, here, but he's a lawyer first. Manipulative as they come.

He's not a man of honor, (see Benghazi hearings) but he might not be as dishonorable as Trump and his minions.

Trey Gowdy was complicit

Republican hack
Gowdy was relentless in his pursuit of trying to find crimes against Clinton and Obama. But he used the PROCESS, and when he could not find a crime, he was man enough to admit it.

So while he is a political zealot, he has honor and integrity, and that makes all the difference.

He's not a man of honor, (see Benghazi hearings) but he might not be as dishonorable as Trump and his minions.
Gowdy is an honorable man. He is a zealot, but he has honor and integrity. And I sense he detests Trump and everything he stands for, which is the opposite of honor and integrity.

That is why he is leaving.

Gowdy is an honorable man. He is a zealot, but he has honor and integrity. And I sense he detests Trump and everything he stands for, which is the opposite of honor and integrity.

That is why he is leaving.

I won't disparage your opinion of him. I guess I am just less forgiving of all the politically motivated leaks he supplied during that endless investigation.

Transcript: Rep. Trey Gowdy on "Face the Nation," Feb. 4, 2018 - CBS News

MARGARET BRENNAN: Saturday, President Trump tweeted that the memo "totally vindicated Trump" in the Russia probe. We sat down earlier with South Carolina Congressman Trey Gowdy, a key House Intelligence investigator and asked him if he thought the president had been vindicated.

REP. GOWDY: I actually don't think it has any impact on the Russia probe for this reason --

MARGARET BRENNAN: The memo has no impact on the Russia probe?

REP. GOWDY: No-- not to me, it doesn't -- and I was pretty integrally involved in the drafting of it. There is a Russia investigation without a dossier. So to the extent the memo deals with the dossier and the FISA process, the dossier has nothing to do with the meeting at Trump Tower. The dossier has nothing to do with an email sent by Cambridge Analytica. The dossier really has nothing to do with George Papadopoulos' meeting in Great Britain. It also doesn't have anything to do with obstruction of justice. So there's going to be a Russia probe, even without a dossier.

REP. GOWDY: I don't think there's a bigger supporter of the FBI in Congress than me and those of us who work with them in a previous life. I have tremendous respect for the bureau. There are 30,000 employees. Let's assume that there are five that engaged in conduct that we have questions about --

MARGARET BRENNAN: Five? Individuals?

REP. GOWDY: -- that leaves a lot. That leaves a lot that are doing exactly what we want them to do.

MARGARET BRENNAN: Are these five individuals named in the memo that you helped publish?

REP. GOWDY: I think two of them would be. People can quibble about Andy McCabe. I spent, I guess, close to 15 hours with Andy McCabe in two different interview sections. I found him to be a professional witness even though I disagree with some of the decisions he made. And I think we've got to get to some point in life where you can disagree with the decision-making process that someone engaged in, without believing that they are corrupt or somehow part of the "deep state," whatever that means.

<snip>

MARGARET BRENNAN: Why do you say you are a lousy politician?

REP. GOWDY: I just-- I-- I see multiple sides of a single issue. And the fact that someone disagrees with me, does not make me challenge their love of the country.

<snip?

MARGARET BRENNAN: Do you think you've served justice in your time in Congress?

REP. GOWDY: Not like I did in my previous job. I tried. It's about winning in politics, and that is not what-- the courtroom-- there's a reason we throw out search warrants even though we find the murder weapon. There's a reason we throw out confessions even though we think the person did it. The process matters. The end does not justify the means. And in politics, it's just about winning. And-- and I-- I can't-- I don't want to live like that.

Trey Gowdy was complicit

Republican hack
Gowdy was relentless in his pursuit of trying to find crimes against Clinton and Obama. But he used the PROCESS, and when he could not find a crime, he was man enough to admit it.

So while he is a political zealot, he has honor and integrity, and that makes all the difference.

tried to grab some honor 8 times in fact ...

:21:

Mr. Gowdy, you were a real dick sometimes, but I still salute you, sir.

You snowflakes can call him Judge Gowdy...

trey-gowdy-shades.jpg

Ends justifies the mean.

It's about winning at all costs. Throwing out one's claimed principles just to win.

Challenging someone's love of country just for disagreeing.

Gowdy just hammered all the shit about the pseudocons which caused me to de-register as a Republican.

Trey Gowdy was complicit

Republican hack

I think Trey Gowdy is an Alien ...I am so glad that we don't have to look at him much longer.

upload_2018-2-6_9-28-57.jpeg

He knows that this orange clown wagon is headed straight for the cliff.

He knows that this orange clown wagon is headed straight for the cliff.
Mueller is following the money. Smartest thing.

Gowdy has problems with the direction the GOP is going.

When a guy like Gowdy walks away in disgust, I am reminded once again of the Jacobins.

Forum List

Back