Is Trump really an isolationist as he has been accused of being?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I'm kind of wondering where this is coming from. He didn't think the Iraq war was a good idea and he wants to make deals with other countries. When did he say anything about returning to a foreign policy that we had before WW2?

I don't thing he is an isolationist---but he is a PRACTICAL minded guy-----bottom line sort of person

Building a wall isn't isolationist?

You know that's just the first wall, right? After that is the Canadian wall, then the Atlantic and Pacific walls.
After that it's the roof. And he'll make God pay for it.

You know that's just the first wall, right? After that is the Canadian wall, then the Atlantic and Pacific walls.

That is not isolationist. I know you went to college and all only to be told isolationism is building a wall but historically it was what people who opposed FDR's desire to enter WWII in the 1930s.

That is not isolationist. I know you went to college and all only to be told isolationism is building a wall but historically it was what people who opposed FDR's desire to enter WWII in the 1930s.

Oh, no shit Sherlock. It's a joke.

Tough crowd.

When it comes to foreign policy, Trump is all over the place.

He suggested letting Russia take care of ISIs to bombing ISIS and troops sent back to Iraq

He talks about tariffs and destroying current trade treaties.

He suggested pulling out of South Korea and Japan and telling them to defend themselves.

Couple of other things as well, but some of it seems like he advocates withdrawing from the world stage.

Trump building a wall is isolationist to you, but you're just building ISIS and illegals to come over with no walls and restrictions so they can be here as illegals breaking the law.

You know you're anti-American right? After that you're a ISIS sympathizer, then a open border sympathizer and tear down these walls protester. After that it's the Muslim refugees with no screening. And you'll make Americans pay for it. Anarchist

I see Rand Paul as an isolationist, not so much Trump. I hope Trump is the negotiator he says he is. Then perhaps we'll have found somebody we haven't seen since Jimmy Carter that'll help build peace between Israel and its neighbors.

Is Trump really an isolationist as he has been accused of being?

One can only hope. We need to become totally self sufficient again. Then open the door for business.

We would have lost WW2 if we had been reliant on China to send us some cheap steel. Let the world take care of the world for awhile.

no, it isn't

I'm kind of wondering where this is coming from. He didn't think the Iraq war was a good idea and he wants to make deals with other countries. When did he say anything about returning to a foreign policy that we had before WW2?
Trump isn't an isolationist and the only morons saying that are neo cons and their lackies who LOVE spreading dumbocracy by the point of a gun and the drop of a bomb!

Trump isn't an isolationist and the only morons saying that are neo cons and their lackies who LOVE spreading dumbocracy by the point of a gun and the drop of a bomb!

wrong again-----TRUMP is not going to push the gun control thing ----nor is he a Nazi pig as are you. In fact he ALSO not going to
start deporting people like a maniac. He is
going to be very careful as to how he balances business

wrong again-----TRUMP is not going to push the gun control thing ----nor is he a Nazi pig as are you. In fact he ALSO not going to
start deporting people like a maniac. He is
going to be very careful as to how he balances business
Go eat some matzo balls or something dumb ass. You CLEARLY have no clue what the fuck I am talking about. So just shoo. My comment had NOTHING to do with gun control....jesus.

When it comes to foreign policy, Trump is all over the place.

He suggested letting Russia take care of ISIs to bombing ISIS and troops sent back to Iraq

He talks about tariffs and destroying current trade treaties.

He suggested pulling out of South Korea and Japan and telling them to defend themselves.

Couple of other things as well, but some of it seems like he advocates withdrawing from the world stage.

When it comes to any policy, Rump was for/against it before he was against/for it. Except now he no longer is. Maybe.

we celebrated thanksgiving by watching the turkey poke the russians with a stick, but the cold war is over, the russians are an ideal ally when it comes to fighting against the terrorists, so why put up with the turkey's delusions of grandeur? i mean, who really pays for nato? seems the united states has all these common defense treaties, other nations think that american lives, fortunes, and sacred honors are cheap. expecting the other nations to pay their fair share, that is isolationist? maybe the buzz words "racist" and "sexist" aren't working against trump and his supporters as well as hoped, so now trying to pull the ''isolationist" -ism out of the bag, see if it sticks?

we celebrated thanksgiving by watching the turkey poke the russians with a stick, but the cold war is over, the russians are an ideal ally when it comes to fighting against the terrorists, so why put up with the turkey's delusions of grandeur? i mean, who really pays for nato? seems the united states has all these common defense treaties, other nations think that american lives, fortunes, and sacred honors are cheap. expecting the other nations to pay their fair share, that is isolationist? maybe the buzz words "racist" and "sexist" aren't working against trump and his supporters as well as hoped, so now trying to pull the ''isolationist" -ism out of the bag, see if it sticks?

I really don't see what is so wrong with having a smaller military. It just isn't an issue to me.

I really don't see what is so wrong with having a smaller military. It just isn't an issue to me.
Smaller would be fine if it was more deadly. Put up some laser and satellite weapons,etc.

Forum List

Back