Isaac Hayes' Family Furious Trump Used Song For His Jig At Controversial NRA Speech

The family of the late legendary musician Isaac Hayes has posted an angry tweet lashing former President Donald Trump’s use of one of Hayes’s songs at his controversial speech Friday at the National Rifle Association convention.

“The estate and family of Isaac Hayes DID NOT approve and would NEVER approve the use of ‘Hold On I’m Coming’ ... by Donald Trump at this weekend’s NRA convention,” said the tweet.
The tweet added: “Our condolences go out to the victims and families of Uvalde and mass shooting victims everywhere.”

In a bold display of disrespect, Trump bashed gun control and hailed all firearms in his Friday speech, including the kind of military-style assault weapons that killed 19 children and two teachers in a mass shooting in Uvalde last week.

Trump then mangled the pronunciation of victims’ names, which he read interspersed with cheesy funeral toll sounds.
Trump wrapped up his speech smiling, with his clenched fists and wooden dance steps to the song “Hold On, I’m Coming,” written by Hayes and David Porter, and recorded in 1966 by rhythm-and-blues duo Sam and Dave.

A long list of musicians — from the Rolling Stones to Black Sabbath, Adele, R.E.M., Rihanna and Aerosmith, and the estates of Tom Petty and Prince — have contacted Trump’s campaign organization to demand he stop appropriating their songs without permission to promote himself. Neither the artists nor songs have anything remotely to do with his positions, they’ve charged.

Funny how folks who hate black folks always want to use their music.

They also love to quote black men who are no long living, ie. Dr. King, Medgar Evers, etc., black men who would be fighting them tooth and nail.

No one gives a fuck.

Didn't he go on a pouting fest when he left Southpark?
In late 2005, South Park’s 9th season aired the controversial episode "Trapped in the Closet," which lampoons, among other things, Scientology, which Hayes was a member. By March of the following year, Hayes wanted out of his contract, and a statement was released in his name saying, “There is a time when satire ends and intolerance and bigotry toward religious beliefs begins." While the events were unfolding, South Park co-creator Matt Stone felt the departure was rooted in an artistic double-standard. "In 10 years and over 150 episodes of South Park, Isaac never had a problem with the show making fun of Christians, Muslims, Mormons or Jews.”

The family of the late legendary musician Isaac Hayes has posted an angry tweet lashing former President Donald Trump’s use of one of Hayes’s songs at his controversial speech Friday at the National Rifle Association convention.

“The estate and family of Isaac Hayes DID NOT approve and would NEVER approve the use of ‘Hold On I’m Coming’ ... by Donald Trump at this weekend’s NRA convention,” said the tweet.
The tweet added: “Our condolences go out to the victims and families of Uvalde and mass shooting victims everywhere.”

In a bold display of disrespect, Trump bashed gun control and hailed all firearms in his Friday speech, including the kind of military-style assault weapons that killed 19 children and two teachers in a mass shooting in Uvalde last week.

Trump then mangled the pronunciation of victims’ names, which he read interspersed with cheesy funeral toll sounds.
Trump wrapped up his speech smiling, with his clenched fists and wooden dance steps to the song “Hold On, I’m Coming,” written by Hayes and David Porter, and recorded in 1966 by rhythm-and-blues duo Sam and Dave.

A long list of musicians — from the Rolling Stones to Black Sabbath, Adele, R.E.M., Rihanna and Aerosmith, and the estates of Tom Petty and Prince — have contacted Trump’s campaign organization to demand he stop appropriating their songs without permission to promote himself. Neither the artists nor songs have anything remotely to do with his positions, they’ve charged.

They also love to quote black men who are no long living, ie. Dr. King, Medgar Evers, etc., black men who would be fighting them tooth and nail.

Hayes died in 2008, before Trump even ran for President. How the fuck would his family know he wouldn't approve of Trump using the song?

Are they a bunch of psychics or something? Wait...don't tell me: They got a Ouija board and asked him, right?

Heck, you'd think there would be TONS of COUNTRY songs he could use!

Trump strikes me as a BIG ol' country fan, just like the people he relates to 'n stuff!
Make that tons of GREAT country songs

What are the chances that this retarded OP’s headline meant “gig” instead of “jig?”

What are the chances that this retarded OP’s headline meant “gig” instead of “jig?”

So I wasn't the only one who caught that? :laughing0301:

Gig:

1654050599203.png

Jig:

1654050654700.png

lol

Oh! The outrage!

lmao

Next time, Trump should play Superfly

1966? Sorry public domain...

Yes. You believe it in your inner core. Got that sentiment from you long ago, magaturd, thanks.

Anything else?
Yes.

Stay away from my kids.

That's all.

That's all I want. But apparently I have to get the whole lot of you lefties unelected to accomplish that.

As long as you leave me no other choice, I guess that's what I'll have to do.

Or... you could just do the simple thing and respect my boundaries, that way everyone's happy and we don't have any problems

Yes.

Stay away from my kids.

That's all.

That's all I want. But apparently I have to get the whole lot of you lefties unelected to accomplish that.

As long as you leave me no other choice, I guess that's what I'll have to do.

Or... you could just do the simple thing and respect my boundaries, that way everyone's happy and we don't have any problems
I give zero fucks about you personally, and I've never overstepped your made up 'boundaries'.

Help me understand, fucktard magaturd idiot.

Forum List

Back