Islam. The religion of peace, tolerance and truth?

I speak from the Traditional knowledge in Islam.

It is absolutely forbidden to lie in Islam. Lying is held as one of the greatest evils (I don't like to say the "greatest evil" but I could say so). Saying the Truth is held as the supreme virtue. Look to what Muhammad himself said (peace be upon him and his family):

"Verily, truthfulness leads to righteousness (birr), and righteousness leads to the Garden. A man speaks truths until he is written with Allah as a truthful person (siddiq). Lying leads to wickedness (fujur), and wickedness to the Fire. A man lies until he is written with Allah as a liar"

Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) had a dream in which two men came to him and took him to some places where he saw some things. He mentioned it as well as the explanations the two men gave him:

"I had (a dream) last night that two men came to me, caught hold of my hands, and took me to the Sacred Land (Jerusalem). There, I saw a person sitting and another standing with an iron hook in his hand pushing it inside the mouth of the former till it reached the jaw-bone, and then tore off one side of his cheek, and then did the same with the other side; in the mean-time the first side of his cheek became normal again and then he repeated the same operation again. I said, 'What is this?' They told me to proceed on "...." As for the one whose cheek you saw being torn away, he was a liar and he used to tell lies, and the people would report those lies on his authority till they spread all over the world. So, he will be punished like that till the Day of Resurrection."

A verse of the Qur'an I just thought of is "his lying, sinful forelock".

A religion does not ask to lie.

Islam is a religion of peace and love. Muslims are obligated to love everyone God created. Because of Islam, the Muslim brings close his enemy and keeps afar his own family. You see people calling the police telling them "pay attention to my son, I think he is invovled in extremist activities". A none Muslim would say "this is my son", I can not turn him over to the police. But the Muslim is under the obligation to obey the laws and to be rigorously honest.
So you are stating that nowhere whatsoever does the koran give a Muslim an excuse to lie?

No, there is no verse of the Qur'an saying "it's ok to lie if..."

And again, the Qur'an is the word of God, not that of Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family).

I saw quoted here the verse which said "except that you may guard yourself from them" or something like that. That verse was either something general and politic, telling Muhammad to make some treaties, for example, with the Jews of Madina if he feels it would be opportune; or it was a verse that came to console a specific Companion. There was indeed, one time, a famous Companion who came to Muhammad crying, saying he was forced to say evil things about Muhammad, he could not bear the pain any longer. The verse came after that event, praising that Companion.

It is absolutely forbidden to lie in Islam. Lying is held as one of the greatest evils (I don't like to say the "greatest evil" but I could say so). Saying the Truth is held as the supreme virtue. Look to what Muhammad himself said (peace be upon him and his family):

"Verily, truthfulness leads to righteousness (birr), and righteousness leads to the Garden. A man speaks truths until he is written with Allah as a truthful person (siddiq). Lying leads to wickedness (fujur), and wickedness to the Fire. A man lies until he is written with Allah as a liar"

Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) had a dream in which two men came to him and took him to some places where he saw some things. He mentioned it as well as the explanations the two men gave him:

"I had (a dream) last night that two men came to me, caught hold of my hands, and took me to the Sacred Land (Jerusalem). There, I saw a person sitting and another standing with an iron hook in his hand pushing it inside the mouth of the former till it reached the jaw-bone, and then tore off one side of his cheek, and then did the same with the other side; in the mean-time the first side of his cheek became normal again and then he repeated the same operation again. I said, 'What is this?' They told me to proceed on "...." As for the one whose cheek you saw being torn away, he was a liar and he used to tell lies, and the people would report those lies on his authority till they spread all over the world. So, he will be punished like that till the Day of Resurrection."

Islam is a religion of peace and love. Muslims are obligated to love everyone God created. Because of Islam, the Muslim brings close his enemy and keeps afar his own family. You see people calling the police telling them "pay attention to my son, I think he is invovled in extremist activities". A none Muslim would say "this is my son", I can not turn him over to the police. But the Muslim is under the obligation to obey the laws and to be rigorously honest.
So you are stating that nowhere whatsoever does the koran give a Muslim an excuse to lie?

And again, the Qur'an is the word of God, not that of Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family).

I saw quoted here the verse which said "except that you may guard yourself from them" or something like that. That verse was either something general and politic, telling Muhammad to make some treaties, for example, with the Jews of Madina if he feels it would be opportune; or it was a verse that came to console a specific Companion. There was indeed, one time, a famous Companion who came to Muhammad crying, saying he was forced to say evil things about Muhammad, he could not bear the pain any longer. The verse came after that event, praising that Companion.
Is there anything in the koran that is what the deity said and not passed through Muhammad?

There is no such thing as Taqiyya in Islam. I only knew from it from people who used this forum. I learnt that it is a concept of Shiism. Shiites are a minority in Islam, and Shiism is completely out of Islam. The only reason we consider Shiites Muslims is because they believe Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) is a prophet.

I speak from the true knowledge of islam.

The term you're hoping to avoid is Taqiyya. And yes, it does for lying.

It's a form of permissible dishonesty that moslems employ, if it is for the sake of the religion. Quite naturally, no rational person wants to believe that any religion encourages, or even allows, the violent expansion of its sphere of power and influence. And after all, we here in the West are far removed from the very concept of religion holding such sway over secular matters. But in moslems politico-religious ideology, there is no religion/secularism dichotomy.

It's a form of permissible dishonesty that moslems employ, if it is for the sake of the religion. Quite naturally, no rational person wants to believe that any religion encourages, or even allows, the violent expansion of its sphere of power and influence. And after all, we here in the West are far removed from the very concept of religion holding such sway over secular matters. But in moslems politico-religious ideology, there is no religion/secularism dichotomy.

It is a shame how you people lie against Islam, for some unknown reason, eh-hem eh-hem.

This is what the Qur'an says about lying:

"And cover not Truth with falsehood, nor conceal the Truth when ye know (what it is)." Holy Qur'an 2:42

I'm not a Muslim but I think that it is mostly the Christians who lie:

Romans 3:4: " God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar;..."

Why do so many Christians LIE all the time? Is it because their religion says that Jesus paid the price for their sins, so they can sin?

Last edited:

It is a shame how you people lie against Islam, for some unknown reason, eh-hem eh-hem.

"And cover not Truth with falsehood, nor conceal the Truth when ye know (what it is)." Holy Qur'an 2:42

Why do so many Christians LIE all the time? Is is because their religion says that Jesus paid the price for their sins, so they can sin?

That is the second time you have misquoted that verse and you accuse us of deceit. Also that is the second time you have dodged the question on Taqiyya. You read like a partisan propagandist rather than a man of truth.

That is the second time you have misquoted that verse and you accuse us of deceit. Also that is the second time you have dodged the question on Taqiyya. You read like a partisan propagandist rather than a man of truth.

LOL. I haven't dodged anything, fool. I'm telling you that the Holy Qur'an, THE BOOK OF SCRIPTURE OF ISLAM, forbids lying (chp. 2, verse 42.)

Why do so many Christians LIE all the time? Is it because their religion says that Jesus paid the price for their sins, so they can sin?

It's a shame how you people make excuses for what you don't understand.

You will find a lengthy but not exhaustive outline of the various loopholes, both in the Koran and the Hadith, that allow moslems to lie.

TheReligionofPeace - Islam Taqiyya and Lying

Hmm, you say you're not a Moslem, but i suspect you are lying by the way you refer to the koran.

You didn't watch the video? Then why do you bother replying? You really have nothing of use to say here, since that is basically the subject of debate, the content of the video.

If you are going to quote the Bible, moslem, at least quote the whole verse instead of just chopping it to suit your lying point. And it is best taken in context:
3What if some were unfaithful? Does their faithlessness nullify the faithfulness of God? 4By no means! Let God be true though every one were a liar, as it is written,
“That you may be justified in your words,
and prevail when you are judged.”

5But if our unrighteousness serves to show the righteousness of God, what shall we say? That God is unrighteous to inflict wrath on us? (I speak in a human way.) 6By no means! For then how could God judge the world? 7But if through my lie God’s truth abounds to his glory, why am I still being condemned as a sinner? 8And why not do evil that good may come?—as some people slanderously charge us with saying. Their condemnation is just.
Romans 3:3-8

I do not believe I am making any false claims at all, and if I wanted to discuss the controversies of the Bible, I will do so in a thread with that as its intent.

Now bye bye boy.

LOL. So you claim to represent Jesus being disrespectful/racist(?) and calling me "boy" for no reason. Yeah, I'll bet you are a Chrsitian behaving like that.

No where in the post of mine you quoted did I mention Jesus; not even the verses of the Bible I quoted was Jesus name mentioned. And please tell me what I said that was racist.

On the other hand, you are correct. The tone of my reply was not very Christian, I was just replying to you in basically the same tone as you did to me.

There is no such thing as Taqiyya in Islam. I only knew from it from people who used this forum. I learnt that it is a concept of Shiism. Shiites are a minority in Islam, and Shiism is completely out of Islam. The only reason we consider Shiites Muslims is because they believe Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) is a prophet.

Sources for your quotes?

Source?

This video was already posted somewhere else on this site, but who can keep track? I thought I would open a discussion based on it alone.

I'm not even going to talk about the 'peace' of Islam. 'Tolerance' as shown in this video is a one way street.

A religion of Truth? Come to think of it, I do not think anyone has made that claim; something this video affirms.

Let the debate begin.

The OP isn't a "debate". It's a hatefest against Islam. You want a real discussion? Post something with a bit less bias.

The video in the OP was posted as source for debate, did you watch any of it? Do you have any comment, or is that it? "Just a hatefest."

Here, let me post something with a bit more substance and tell me what you think:

Now, now I know the title mentions Christians, but hopefully folks can be open minded enough to look beyond that and actually listen to what it says.

This video was already posted somewhere else on this site, but who can keep track? I thought I would open a discussion based on it alone.

I'm not even going to talk about the 'peace' of Islam. 'Tolerance' as shown in this video is a one way street.

A religion of Truth? Come to think of it, I do not think anyone has made that claim; something this video affirms.

Let the debate begin.

The OP isn't a "debate". It's a hatefest against Islam. You want a real discussion? Post something with a bit less bias.

The video in the OP was posted as source for debate, did you watch any of it? Do you have any comment, or is that it? "Just a hatefest."

Here, let me post something with a bit more substance and tell me what you think:

Now, now I know the title mentions Christians, but hopefully folks can be open minded enough to look beyond that and actually listen to what it says.

That was my comment. It was an utter waste of viewing and so skewed.

I looked her up and I'm not surprised: Nonie Darwish - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I'm willing to bet your video on "3 Quranic verses every Christian should know" is probably cherry picking the most violent and intolerant parts rather than looking at all of it. If it's like the first video I'm not much inclined to watch it.

So I guess you would (or should) also discount any other skewed information, like "Electronic Intifada" or global research, or the many blog sites?

I'm willing to bet your video on "3 Quranic verses every Christian should know" is probably cherry picking the most violent and intolerant parts rather than looking at all of it. If it's like the first video I'm not much inclined to watch it.

No it is not. Not at all. It merely talks about how the koran verifies that the 'Gospels' should be taken as true, and then deny what the gospels say. But from your reply I have learned a lot more about how open minded you are. You have had me quite fooled. Up until now.

Thank you.

So I guess you would (or should) also discount any other skewed information, like "Electronic Intifada" or global research, or the many blog sites?

No it is not. Not at all. It merely talks about how the koran verifies that the 'Gospels' should be taken as true, and then deny what the gospels say. But from your reply I have learned a lot more about how open minded you are. You have had me quite fooled. Up until now.

Thank you.

I usualy discount Electronic Intifada.

There is open minded, and then there is foolish. I'll willing read links and sources that are credible but when it comes to opinions and blogs, I have as much right as you to be discerning and critical. Especially youtubes. I don't like them much in the first place (hard to verify, much more time consuming, difficult to research the info). The first video was a let down and I stated my opinion. I have seen you be as blunt and dismissive of certain sources as I am.

Let the debate begin.

That was my comment. It was an utter waste of viewing and so skewed.

I looked her up and I'm not surprised: Nonie Darwish - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

so true, coyote-----Nonnie Darwish is pushing her POV----
the best way to understand an ideology which purports to be
a "way of life" and a social form is to evaluate its LAWS---
not its scriptural writings. Scriptural writings can generally
be interpreted only by the scholars who are active
in that particular ideology-----the followers of those who
wrote them. ---------When Nonnie Darwish describes shariah
LAWS and the manner in which they have been adjudicated
over the past 1200 years-----her writings are far more significant. One of the best writers in this field is the descendant of Turkish catholics Robert Spencer.

One religion criticizing another? And both from Abraham?

Worse, look at American Christians:
Feed the poor and they will breed
Hungry children work harder
We hope Obama's children become orphans
Storms happen because God is punishing us for gays
Block healthcare

And look at how American Christians turned the other cheek when they didn't protect Christians in Iraq.

So tired of the hypocrisy.

One religion criticizing another? And both from Abraham?

Worse, look at American Christians:
Feed the poor and they will breed
Hungry children work harder
We hope Obama's children become orphans
Storms happen because God is punishing us for gays
Block healthcare

And look at how American Christians turned the other cheek when they didn't protect Christians in Iraq.

So tired of the hypocrisy.

The only valid point you made was your allusion to the
INACTION of largely Christian America in the face of
acts of genocide against Christians ----tens of millions in
just the past single hundred year period

Well youtubes were just mentioned I hope this is not too off course. It is a CNN interview from from 4 days ago of a senior journalist explain why the Middle East, namely Islamic conflict, has become pretty much too dangerous to cover and some of the reasons behind that.

Sunni Man there is no way you're going to convince me that Islam is a peaceful religion--LOL

Here is a not so recent list of Islamic extremists that have committed horrific terrorist acts against innocent people.

The Shoe Bomber was an Islamic radical
The Beltway Snipers were Islamic radicals
The Fort Hood Shooter was an Islamic radical
The underwear Bomber was a Islamic radical
The U-S.S. Cole Bombers were Islamic radicals
The Madrid Train Bombers were Islamic radicals
The Bafi Nightclub Bombers were Islamic radicals
The London Subway Bombers were Islamic radicals
The Moscow Theatre Attackers were Islamic radicals
The Boston Marathon Bombers were Islamic radicals
The Pan-Am flight #93 Bombers were Islamic radicals
The Air France Entebbe Hijackers were Islamic radicals
The Iranian Embassy Takeover, was done by Islamic radicals
The Beirut U.S. Embassy bombers were Islamic radicals
The Libyan U.S. Embassy Attack was by Islamic radicals
The Buenos Aires Suicide Bombers were Islamic radicals
The Israeli Olympic Team Attackers were Islamic radicals
The Kenyan U.S, Embassy Bombers were Islamic radicals
The Saudi, Khobar Towers Bombers were Islamic radicals
The Beirut Marine Barracks bombers were Islamic radicals
The Besian Russian School Attackers were Islamic radicals
The first World Trade Center Bombers were Islamic radicals
The Bombay & Mumbai India Attackers were Islamic radicals
The Achille Lauro Cruise Ship Hijackers were Islamic radicals
The September 11th 2001 Airline Hijackers were Islamic radicals

Think of it:

Buddhists living with Hindus = No Problem
Hindus living with Christians = No Problem
Hindus living with Jews = No Problem
Christians living with Shintos = No Problem
Shintos living with Confucians = No Problem
Confusians living with Baha'is = No Problem
Baha'is living with Jews = No Problem
Jews living with Atheists = No Problem
Atheists living with Buddhists = No Problem
Buddhists living with Sikhs = No Problem
Sikhs living with Hindus = No Problem
Hindus living with Baha'is = No Problem
Baha'is living with Christians = No Problem
Christians living with Jews = No Problem
Jews living with Buddhists = No Problem
Buddhists living with Shintos = No Problem
Shintos living with Atheists = No Problem
Atheists living with Confucians = No Problem
Confusians living with Hindus = No Problem

Islamics living with Hindus = Problem
Islamics living with Buddhists = Problem
Islamics living with Christians = Problem
Islamics living with Jews = Problem
Islamics living with Sikhs = Problem
Islamics living with Baha'is = Problem
Islamics living with Shintos = Problem
Islamics living with Atheists = Problem
Muslims living with Muslims = Big Problem

Islamic Jihad: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION
ISIS: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION
Al-Qaeda: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION
Taliban: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION
Hamas: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION
Hezbollah: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION
Boko Haram: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION
Al-Nusra: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION
Abu Sayyaf: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION
Al-Badr: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION
Muslim Brotherhood: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION
Lashkar-e-Taiba: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION
Palestine Liberation Front: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION
Ansaru: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION
Jemaah Islamiyah: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION
Abdullah Azzam Brigades: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION

So go sell your snake oil religion somewhere else.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back