🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Isn't humanism greater than nationalism?

G.T.

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2009
I often wonder if the uber partisans out there ever stop to turn the wheels in their brain on deeply philosophical issues, such as "the bigger picture," and things of that nature.

When you stop to think about the middle east, for example, isn't that sort of a catch 22? Some days I think the whole region needs to be crop-sprayed with marijuana and delivered books, televisions, cable, video games, stand up comedy dvd's - all fully translated of course. And, etcetera.

How many people here can raise their hand that they've got a top-secret clearance within the central planning areas of our Government? Top secret intel?

Isn't it counter intuitive to argue for or against wars when you certainly don't have a complete picture, of all of the facts?

What do you suppose the Japanese Government told their young men they were fighting against, to get them rallied enough to throw their lives in imminent danger? Were those young men all bad guys, like in their regular home lives, did they beat their wives and rape their children? None of them were good family men deserving of their lives and children?

When it's man versus man on the battlefield, do each of the warriors first determine if the other guy is deserving of death, or is it best to just kill for the Country?

Just random thoughts. I guess my overall point is that it's too far into our species' lifetime to still be living this way. We have enough minds and resources where, if we really put forth the effort to, we could make this life worth living for each and every contestant.

I'm not a pacifist by any stretch of the imagination, but the older I've gotten the less I understand the political end of war. I would love to see a day when all those old men in DC decide they want to go to war for nebulous reasons and the young men and scientists and engineers refuse to go. If it's that important, let the old men fight it out.

Thanks for the contribution, good sir!!

Forum List

Back