Isn't Jesus a democrat?

If everyone gave all their money to the poor, all would be poor, except the poor. Those that became disciples gave away what they had and joined him.
If you have faith, God will provide. But you don't have that kind of faith now do you?
The Lord has blessed me time and time again.
What was your faith when you weren't blessed? You treat God like a slot machine.
???? Don't you understand blessings? Have you been blessed?
Christianity is a faith for fools, slaves, and children. I don't believe in blessings any more than I believe angels.
I wouldn't expect you to get any blessings and angels don't believe in you. So it's a tie.

If you have faith, God will provide. But you don't have that kind of faith now do you?
The Lord has blessed me time and time again.
What was your faith when you weren't blessed? You treat God like a slot machine.
???? Don't you understand blessings? Have you been blessed?
Christianity is a faith for fools, slaves, and children. I don't believe in blessings any more than I believe angels.
I wouldn't expect you to get any blessings and angels don't believe in you. So it's a tie.
As I said, to you God is a slot machine. You put prayers in and wait for him to pay off.

Jesus said help the poor and the sick which sounds like every other democrat I know. I can't figure out why so many democrats in the last few years seem hostile to Christianity. I don't expect people to accept the miracles or the whole died for my sins stuff but what about the things he said about being compassionate. Why throw that out with it? It just seems that the teachings of Jesus goes hand in hand with what being a liberal is all about.
every year, year in year out, cons donate more money to charity than leftist, this has been true for decades.

leftist don't know charity b/c they think the government is charitable.

Jesus said help the poor and the sick which sounds like every other democrat I know. I can't figure out why so many democrats in the last few years seem hostile to Christianity. I don't expect people to accept the miracles or the whole died for my sins stuff but what about the things he said about being compassionate. Why throw that out with it? It just seems that the teachings of Jesus goes hand in hand with what being a liberal is all about.
every year, year in year out, cons donate more money to charity than leftist, this has been true for decades.

And it is, for many millions of people, using our tax money, which we're fine with.

Jesus was a 'communist' - someone who favored individual poverty and communal living and goods held in common.

What distinguishes him from a modern-day 'communist' is the latter's insistence upon secularism and forcible communal living and effort, rather than a voluntary choice.
This is....

actually the most accurate post on this pathetic thread.

The one thing you can be damn sure of - Jesus would not be a party to any political party or process in this nation.
That's true but according biblical accounts he was not apolitical, far from it. He directly challenged the authority of the temple, the plutocracy and the roman empire. He was anti-authoritarian in every way. Conservatives would crucify him again if he returned with the same message that religious, economic and secular power was to be resisted even at the cost of your life.
and so would democrats.

And it is, for many millions of people, using our tax money, which we're fine with.
The only charity you're interested in is your welfare check.

Jesus was a 'communist' - someone who favored individual poverty and communal living and goods held in common.

What distinguishes him from a modern-day 'communist' is the latter's insistence upon secularism and forcible communal living and effort, rather than a voluntary choice.
This is....

The one thing you can be damn sure of - Jesus would not be a party to any political party or process in this nation.
That's true but according biblical accounts he was not apolitical, far from it. He directly challenged the authority of the temple, the plutocracy and the roman empire. He was anti-authoritarian in every way. Conservatives would crucify him again if he returned with the same message that religious, economic and secular power was to be resisted even at the cost of your life.
I don't know about Conservatives crucifying him again, but I agree with the rest of it, including the 'message' about religious, economic and secular power, and passive resistance.

This is....

and so would democrats.
Equal Opportunity political party-bashing, in connection with adherence to the principles espoused by Jesus of Nazareth?

I like it.

That was well done.

Short, concise, honestly expressed, and substantive.

This is....

I don't know about Conservatives crucifying him again, but I agree with the rest of it, including the 'message' about religious, economic and secular power, and passive resistance.
I know they would. Judging by the way he acted towards the pharisees and the money-changers he would utterly despise the RW dominionist mega-church movement and they would hate him for his hippie liberal insistence that worldly wealth is a burden on your soul and that you earn your place in heaven by serving the sick, the downtrodden and the poor.

Ay caramba. OP- Of course he is- He's not a greedy a-hole, bigoted hater, or a misinformed fool.

VCFBQ38.gif

its not

all you do is keep the poor poor and dependent

that's not charity that slavery

its not

Dogma, even useless dogma. Welfare isn't slavery, and neither is Social Security. And stop offending slaves, past and present, it's disrespectful.

its not

Dogma, even useless dogma. Welfare isn't slavery, and neither is Social Security. And stop offending slaves, past and present, it's disrespectful.
then how come it's nearly impossible to get off welfare?

hint; it's by design.

its not

hint; it's by design.
No, it isn't. And the fixes for it cost money, which is why you won't pay for them. Child care, job training, birth control, etc. You want people off of welfare then you have to do more than pray, you have to do the actual work and make it possible so they can as well, and you won't because that means taxes and you just can't stand those.

And they won't vote for your side because you call them lazy worthless scum. Imagine...

I don't think Jesus advocated confiscating people's money and giving it to others... 'cause that is what being a liberal is all about.

its not

hint; it's by design.
No, it isn't. And the fixes for it cost money, which is why you won't pay for them. Child care, job training, birth control, etc. You want people off of welfare then you have to do more than pray, you have to do the actual work and make it possible so they can as well, and you won't because that means taxes and you just can't stand those.

And they won't vote for your side because you call them lazy worthless scum. Imagine...

And they vote your side because you play Santa... which makes them lazy scum and you an enabler.

its not

hint; it's by design.

And they vote your side because you play Santa... which makes them lazy scum and you an enabler.
Case in point.

Forum List

Back