Israel attacks civilians

They are not attacking civilians as Israel constantly claims.

How do you figure the targets of the rockets are "settlers"?

They are inside Palestine's borders but not inside Israel's borders.

They are inside Israels borders, Palestine's 'borders' are Gaza and the West Bank... you are just playing stupid.

In any case they are attacking civilians and not military. You can color it , sing and dance about it, it doesn't change the fact that they are attacking civilians.

These borders have not changed since 1922.

If you want to see Israel's borders, find a 1948 map of Israel.

12DistrictsMap.gif

Are you claiming all the green is territory "inside Palestine's borders but not inside Israel's borders"?

Yes, those are Palestine's international borders.

LOL!

Now all you have to do is prove your claim about the Fourth Geneva Convention.

You can rationalize it for yourself however you want.

The fact of the matter is as long as the Hamas keeps firing , more Palestinians would probably die.
The deaths of those Palestinians is a direct result of Hamas conduct.
Hamas can stop Palestinians from dying today.
Although it seems it's more important for Hamas to say:"Look at us we have big cojones we can fire rockets at Israel" then to safeguard their own people.

Israel has been pounding Palestinians for a hundred years. This was long before Hamas became Israel's current boogyman.

Again , untrue and irrelevant to my argument (Israel doesn't exists a hundred years... ).

Not that the official declaration matters much. The Israeli flag was first flown about 1890. It was called the land of Israel through the mandate period.

Israel has been pounding Palestinians for a hundred years. This was long before Hamas became Israel's current boogyman.

Again , untrue and irrelevant to my argument (Israel doesn't exists a hundred years... ).

Not that the official declaration matters much. The Israeli flag was first flown about 1890. It was called the land of Israel through the mandate period.
Still irrelevant to my argument ...

Are you claiming all the green is territory "inside Palestine's borders but not inside Israel's borders"?

LOL!

Look it up. Do I have to do all your work for you? Occupying powers do not have a protected persons classification, i.e. civilians, other than prisoners.

LOL!

Look it up. Do I have to do all your work for you? Occupying powers do not have a protected persons classification, i.e. civilians, other than prisoners.

Fourth Geneva Convention - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't see proof of your claim here.
Maybe you should cut and paste your proof?

LOL!

He didn't prove Palestine's virtual borders...

:razz:

Article V

1. The Armistice Demarcation Line shall follow the international boundary between the Lebanon and Palestine.

The Avalon Project : Lebanese-Israeli General Armistice Agreement, March 23, 1949

Do I need to look up the rest of them for you?

LOL!

Article V

1. The Armistice Demarcation Line shall follow the international boundary between the Lebanon and Palestine.

The Avalon Project : Lebanese-Israeli General Armistice Agreement, March 23, 1949

Palestine wasn't a signatory to that agreement.
Try again?

LOL!

Art. 13. The provisions of Part II cover the whole of the populations of the countries in conflict, without any adverse distinction based, in particular, on race, nationality, religion or political opinion, and are intended to alleviate the sufferings caused by war.

Article V

Palestine wasn't a signatory to that agreement.
Try again?

That is true, but, the international borders were used as a reference as to where the armistice lanes were drawn. Of course the armistice lines were not borders so they did not change those borders.

LOL!

B. -- ' In occupied territories; ' protection is accorded to all persons who are not of the nationality of the occupying State.

International Humanitarian Law - Fourth 1949 Geneva Convention

B. -- ' In occupied territories; ' protection is accorded to all persons who are not of the nationality of the occupying State.

The rockets from Gaza aren't fired at occupied terriritory, because the Israelis no longer occupy Gaza.

The following are, however, excluded:

(1) Nationals of a State which is not bound by the Convention;

Hey, "Palestinians" aren't bound by the Convention.

The rockets from Gaza aren't fired at occupied terriritory, because the Israelis no longer occupy Gaza.

Cool, then they are not terrorists.

The rockets from Gaza aren't fired at occupied territory, because the Israelis no longer occupy Gaza.

Wrong, terrorists aren't bound by the Convention.
That means they're legal targets.

The rockets from Gaza aren't fired at occupied territory, because the Israelis no longer occupy Gaza.

Wrong, terrorists aren't bound by the Convention.
That means they're legal targets.

Got a link?

The link didn't say terrorists are covered, did it?

It did say this.....

(1) Nationals of a State which is not bound by the Convention

Since "Palestine" isn't bound by the convention, it appears no "Palestinians" are covered persons.

The link didn't say terrorists are covered, did it?

It did say this.....

(1) Nationals of a State which is not bound by the Convention

Since "Palestine" isn't bound by the convention, it appears no "Palestinians" are covered persons.

So now Palestine is a state?

The original question was whether Israeli settlers were protected persons. It appears they are not. This changes the debate. Then the attacks by the Palestinian could not be classified as terrorism.

Of course this has been my position all along while others continue to play the terrorist card on the Palestinians.

Forum List

Back