Israel attacks civilians

JORDAN VALLEY, (PIC)-- Israeli occupation forces (IOF) forced Bedouins inhabiting Wadi Al-Maleh in the northern Jordan Valley to leave their homes on Tuesday evening.

The municipal council of Al-Maleh and the Bedouin tribes said that the IOF command told the inhabitants that they should leave their homes for two days to make way for military exercises.

It said that the soldiers forcibly evacuated dozens of families from Wadi Al-Maleh.

The council said that the IOF regularly launches maneuvers near the area using live ammunition threatening lives of the inhabitants, adding that the Israeli army never launches such maneuvers near the Jewish settlements.

Bedouins forced to leave their homes to make way for IOF maneuvers

PFTinmore,

I was just reading there is a plan to move Bedouins to a landfill site, showing the whole world, so very plainly and clearly, the trash the Israeli Jews see the Muslim Bedouins as.

Israel eyes landfill site for Bedouin nomads | Maan News Agency

Truth brings Injustice into the Light, this is a wise lesson we can learn from History, thank you for your posts that keep exposing those truths.

Sherri
As usual, you don't update any of your news sources. The landfill plan was scratched. Your dramatic announcements don't take into account the relationship between the Israelis and Bedouins. Israel is trying to bring the Bedouins into the 21st century and they understand the Bedouins resistance to leaving their nomadic lifestyle. Israel is just too small to allow a culture to do as they please. Here's a little explanation of the situation.

The Bedouin in Israel

Israel is trying to bring the Bedouins into the 21st century and they understand the Bedouins resistance to leaving their nomadic lifestyle.

Yeah, Israel wants to take them away from their traditional resources and place them in ghettos were they will not be able to make a living.

PFTinmore,

I was just reading there is a plan to move Bedouins to a landfill site, showing the whole world, so very plainly and clearly, the trash the Israeli Jews see the Muslim Bedouins as.

Israel eyes landfill site for Bedouin nomads | Maan News Agency

Truth brings Injustice into the Light, this is a wise lesson we can learn from History, thank you for your posts that keep exposing those truths.

Sherri
As usual, you don't update any of your news sources. The landfill plan was scratched. Your dramatic announcements don't take into account the relationship between the Israelis and Bedouins. Israel is trying to bring the Bedouins into the 21st century and they understand the Bedouins resistance to leaving their nomadic lifestyle. Israel is just too small to allow a culture to do as they please. Here's a little explanation of the situation.

The Bedouin in Israel

Israel is trying to bring the Bedouins into the 21st century and they understand the Bedouins resistance to leaving their nomadic lifestyle.

Yeah, Israel wants to take them away from their traditional resources and place them in ghettos were they will not be able to make a living.
You are an expert in nothing except getting everything backassward, Bobo.

The Bedouin in Israel

You are an expert in nothing except getting everything backassward, Bobo.

Yeah, how are farmers and ranchers going to make a living in a city?

Actually, Israel just wants to steal the land.

I know, feeding themselves and their families is so 6th century.:cuckoo:

Are you suggesting that the bedouin tribe owns the land?

You should know. Why ask me?

That's a reasonable response. I've found you know very little.

To help you reach an understanding, i'll provide an assist. Bedouins don't own the land. The term "bedouin" might have offered a clue.... Now that you're clear on that definition, it should be clear that bedouin land is not being stolen.

From here on, you should avoid pressing the "submit reply" button.

Are you suggesting that the bedouin tribe owns the land?

To help you reach an understanding, i'll provide an assist. Bedouins don't own the land. The term "bedouin" might have offered a clue.... Now that you're clear on that definition, it should be clear that bedouin land is not being stolen.

Not true. The Bedouins have had a land ownership system for centuries.

Israel ignores their system and claims that they own no land. That way they can steal the land without saying they are stealing it.

Israel ignores their system and claims that they own no land. That way they can steal the land without saying they are stealing it.
That's so silly.

That's so silly.

It is to the people who want to steal the land.

We have a human rights group report that very comprehensively addresses the human rights abuses the Bedouins face, from Human Rights Watch, Off The Map Land and Housing Rights Violations in Israel's Unrecognized Bedouin Villages

The 133 page report begins with a summary, and I start to read about the discrimination the Bedouins face inside Israel.

Tens of thousands of Palestinian Arab Bedouin, the indigenous inhabitants of the Negev region, live in informal shanty towns, or "unrecognized villages," in the south of Israel. Discriminatory land and planning policies have made it virtually impossible for Bedouin to build legally where they live, and also exclude them from the state's development plans for the region. The state implements forced evictions, home demolitions, and other punitive measures disproportionately against Bedouin as compared with actions taken regarding structures owned by Jewish Israelis that do not conform to planning law.

In this report, Human Rights Watch examines these discriminatory policies and their impact on the life of Bedouin in the Negev. It calls on Israel to place an immediate moratorium on home demolitions in the Negev and establish an independent mechanism to investigate the discriminatory and often unlawful way in which land allocation, planning, and home demolitions are implemented.

The state controls 93 percent of the land in Israel, and a government agency, the Israel Land Administration (ILA), manages and allocates this land. The ILA lacks any mandate to disburse land in a fair and just fashion, and members of the Jewish National Fund, which has an explicit mandate to develop land for Jewish use only, constitute almost half of the ILA's governing council, occupying all the seats not held by Israeli government ministries. While the Bedouin were traditionally a nomadic people, roaming the Negev in search of grazing land for their livestock, they had already adopted a largely sedentary way of life prior to 1948, settling in distinct villages with a well defined traditional system of communal and individual land ownership. Today they comprise 25 percent of the population of the northern Negev, but have jurisdiction over less than 2 percent of the land there.

Planning in Israel is highly centralized, and state planners fail to include the Palestinian Arab population, especially the Bedouin, in decision making and in developing the master plans that govern zoning, construction, and development in Israel. Even though Bedouin villages in the Negev pre-date Israel's first master plan in the late 1960s, state planners did not include these villages in their original plans, rendering these longstanding communities "unrecognized." As a result, according to Israel's Planning and Building Law, all buildings in these communities are illegal, and state authorities refuse to connect the communities to the national electricity and water grids, or provide even basic infrastructure such as paved roads. Israeli policies have created a situation whereby tens of thousands of Bedouin citizens in the Negev have little or no alternative but to live in ramshackle villages and build illegally in order to meet their most basic shelter needs."

www.hrw.org/he/node/62284/section/2 - Translator

I am sorry my link is partially in Hebrew and has to be translated, one would think when one has the name of a human rights report and the name of the organization who wrote it, it would be easy to just pull up an English document, in an internet search, seeing as how Human Rights Watch is a human rights group with offices in New York. It should be the first document I pull up. I credit my difficulties here to increasing internet censorship, even the search tools have fallen victim to it.

Sherri

Last edited:
Israel using 'unconscionable practices' on Palestinian minors

The British government has raised deep concerns over Israel's treatment of Palestinian minors arrested and interrogated for various crimes such as stone-throwing, the Guardian reported Tuesday.

According to the British newspaper, Alistair Burt, the Foreign Office minister for the Middle East, urged Israel to address the UK's concerns and handle the matter urgently.

The report further suggested that Palestinians as young as 12 are dragged from their beds in the middle of the night, have their wrists bound behind their backs, and are blindfolded and made to kneel or lie face down in military vehicles.

According to the legal team, children from the West Bank are held in conditions that could amount to torture, such as solitary confinement, with little or no access to their parents. They can be forced to stay awake before being verbally as well as physically abused and coerced into signing confessions they cannot read.
UK: Israel using 'unconscionable practices' on Palestinian minors - Israel News, Ynetnews

comment #2
truth be told anyone that has served in the IDF has witnessed if not participated in these raids they are not right the conditions are bad for the children but it remains somewhat of a neccessity in order to get info out of them.

What kind of ownership system? Does that mean in their nomadic traipsing around they've devised a way to carry the land around with them like a tent? I'd like to see that!

We have a human rights group report that very comprehensively addresses the human rights abuses the Bedouins face, from Human Rights Watch, Off The Map Land and Housing Rights Violations in Israel's Unrecognized Bedouin Villages

The 133 page report begins with a summary, and I start to read about the discrimination the Bedouins face inside Israel.

Tens of thousands of Palestinian Arab Bedouin, the indigenous inhabitants of the Negev region, live in informal shanty towns, or "unrecognized villages," in the south of Israel. Discriminatory land and planning policies have made it virtually impossible for Bedouin to build legally where they live, and also exclude them from the state's development plans for the region. The state implements forced evictions, home demolitions, and other punitive measures disproportionately against Bedouin as compared with actions taken regarding structures owned by Jewish Israelis that do not conform to planning law.

In this report, Human Rights Watch examines these discriminatory policies and their impact on the life of Bedouin in the Negev. It calls on Israel to place an immediate moratorium on home demolitions in the Negev and establish an independent mechanism to investigate the discriminatory and often unlawful way in which land allocation, planning, and home demolitions are implemented.

The state controls 93 percent of the land in Israel, and a government agency, the Israel Land Administration (ILA), manages and allocates this land. The ILA lacks any mandate to disburse land in a fair and just fashion, and members of the Jewish National Fund, which has an explicit mandate to develop land for Jewish use only, constitute almost half of the ILA's governing council, occupying all the seats not held by Israeli government ministries. While the Bedouin were traditionally a nomadic people, roaming the Negev in search of grazing land for their livestock, they had already adopted a largely sedentary way of life prior to 1948, settling in distinct villages with a well defined traditional system of communal and individual land ownership. Today they comprise 25 percent of the population of the northern Negev, but have jurisdiction over less than 2 percent of the land there.

Planning in Israel is highly centralized, and state planners fail to include the Palestinian Arab population, especially the Bedouin, in decision making and in developing the master plans that govern zoning, construction, and development in Israel. Even though Bedouin villages in the Negev pre-date Israel's first master plan in the late 1960s, state planners did not include these villages in their original plans, rendering these longstanding communities "unrecognized." As a result, according to Israel's Planning and Building Law, all buildings in these communities are illegal, and state authorities refuse to connect the communities to the national electricity and water grids, or provide even basic infrastructure such as paved roads. Israeli policies have created a situation whereby tens of thousands of Bedouin citizens in the Negev have little or no alternative but to live in ramshackle villages and build illegally in order to meet their most basic shelter needs."

www.hrw.org/he/node/62284/section/2 - Translator

I am sorry my link is partially in Hebrew and has to be translated, one would think when one has the name of a human rights report and the name of the organization who wrote it, it would be easy to just pull up an English document, in an internet search, seeing as how Human Rights Watch is a human rights group with offices in New York. It should be the first document I pull up. I credit my difficulties here to increasing internet censorship, even the search tools have fallen victim to it.

Sherri

While the Bedouin were traditionally a nomadic people, roaming the Negev in search of grazing land for their livestock, they had already adopted a largely sedentary way of life prior to 1948, settling in distinct villages with a well defined traditional system of communal and individual land ownership.

That is what I said. They still drive livestock to where the grass is at any given time but they had established a home base.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49jBz2kR8Ts]Israel's Mabo - Israel/Palestine - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back