🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Israeli Apartheid Week 2013: Cindy and Craig Corrie Speak in Calgary

Sharia law has nothing whatsoever to do with Apartheid.

The legal systems of the overwhelming majority of Islamic countries are based in Common Law - not apartheid.

Hoss's statement was - quite obviously, I think - just another example of the same idiotic generalisations made here every day by people who simply have no idea at all how different a country like Indonesia is from a country like Yemen.
I wonder if Saigon can tell us how wonderful Indonesia is when it comes to those who practice other religions than Islam.

Indonesia Islam Leaders Stir Row Over Chinese New Year | The Jakarta Globe

Study shows growth of Indonesian journalists' support for Islamic law | Connect Asia | ABC Radio Australia

Indonesia Church Officials Face Violence, Jail Time for Conducting Services | The Jakarta Globe

iRosie -

It may be different in the US, of course, but most clothes here come from China, Viet Nam, Romania and to a lesser extent Bangladesh and India. I don't think I've ever seen clothes here from Pakistan.

Hoss does what all Zionist posters here seem to do - which is to assume ALL 30 Islamic countries are exactly the same. I am constantly amazed that people who would be shocked to hear Panama used in the same sentence as Canada have no problem putting Indonesia in the same sentence as Yemen.

It is profoundly ignorant, and shows a real failure to understand the Islamic world.

btw. I DO shop from a very ethical perspective. Everyone should.

And for those of us who oppose Apartheid in Israel that means things like not buying from companies that profit from the Occupation, like HP and Motorola and Caterpillar and others. Sherri
For all your apartheid nonsense and your hatred of Israel because it happens to involve the Jews, Frau Sherri, life goes on in Israel and many in other parts of the world are indebted to her and the expertise of its citizens.

Israeli expertise sought by other countries
Kibbutz Affikim in the Jordan Valley has made plans with Kurdish authorities in northern Iraq to establish a dairy farm, the centerpiece of what Kibbutz officials hope will be a warm relationship between the Kurdish semi-autonomous region and the Jewish State. Israel has a long history of helping developing countries build agricultural programs, and the Kurdish program came after a delegation from Irbil, the capital of Iraq's Kurdish region, visited Israel and requested similar assistance. In related news, a government delegation from Ireland was in Jerusalem on Thursday to form a partnership with Israel aimed at reducing traffic fatalities. "We're two countries traveling a very similar trajectory and there's a lot to learn," said Noel Brett, CEO of Ireland's Road Safety Authority.

http://www.biu.ac.il/SOC/besa/MSPS99Eng.pdf

Last edited:
Hossfly -

I didn't claim that Indonesia is a model of tolerance, because it isn't. But I know the country well, was there as recently as November, and can tell you that religion tolerance is enshrined within the basic principles of the country (Pancasila).

If you know anything about Indonesia you would know about the historic emnity with the Chinese community - hence there is no tolerance there.

Hossfly -

I didn't claim that Indonesia is a model of tolerance, because it isn't. But I know the country well, was there as recently as November, and can tell you that religion tolerance is enshrined within the basic principles of the country (Pancasila).

If you know anything about Indonesia you would know about the historic emnity with the Chinese community - hence there is no tolerance there.

what a joke you are saigon----islamo nazi pigs claim that religious
tolerance is "ENSHRINED" in the PACT OF OMAR well---I know
lots about that filth

the threat of MORE AND MORE of the filth of shariah is an ever present
affliction of every land with a significant muslim population and ---certainly
those with a majority. Saigon seems to be a kind of undercover
apologist for the filth which has galvanized the genocide of HUNDREDS OF
MILLIONS

Rosie -

lots about that filth

Pancasila (pronounced [pantʃaˈsila]) is the official philosophical foundation of the Indonesian state. Pancasila consists of two Old Javanese words (originally from Sanskrit), "pañca" meaning five, and "sīla" meaning principles. It comprises five principles held to be inseparable and interrelated:

Belief in the one and only God, (in Indonesian, Ketuhanan Yang Maha Esa).
Just and civilized humanity, (in Indonesian, Kemanusiaan Yang Adil dan Beradab).
The unity of Indonesia, (in Indonesian, Persatuan Indonesia).
Democracy guided by the inner wisdom in the unanimity arising out of deliberations amongst representatives (in Indonesian, Kerakyatan Yang Dipimpin oleh Hikmat Kebijaksanaan, Dalam Permusyawaratan dan Perwakilan)
Social justice for all of the people of Indonesia (in Indonesian, Keadilan Sosial bagi seluruh Rakyat Indonesia)

Pancasila was intended to help solve the conflicting priorities among Muslims, nationalists and Christians. The 1945 Constitution of Indonesia then set forth Pancasila as the embodiment of basic principles of an independent Indonesian state.

Pancasila (politics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rosie -

lots about that filth

Pancasila (pronounced [pantʃaˈsila]) is the official philosophical foundation of the Indonesian state. Pancasila consists of two Old Javanese words (originally from Sanskrit), "pañca" meaning five, and "sīla" meaning principles. It comprises five principles held to be inseparable and interrelated:

Belief in the one and only God, (in Indonesian, Ketuhanan Yang Maha Esa).
Just and civilized humanity, (in Indonesian, Kemanusiaan Yang Adil dan Beradab).
The unity of Indonesia, (in Indonesian, Persatuan Indonesia).
Democracy guided by the inner wisdom in the unanimity arising out of deliberations amongst representatives (in Indonesian, Kerakyatan Yang Dipimpin oleh Hikmat Kebijaksanaan, Dalam Permusyawaratan dan Perwakilan)
Social justice for all of the people of Indonesia (in Indonesian, Keadilan Sosial bagi seluruh Rakyat Indonesia)

Pancasila was intended to help solve the conflicting priorities among Muslims, nationalists and Christians. The 1945 Constitution of Indonesia then set forth Pancasila as the embodiment of basic principles of an independent Indonesian state.

Pancasila (politics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Has it been a success?

Hoss -

Yes, I think any Indonesian would say it has been a success. The relationship between Christians and Muslims is largely very good. Five religions are recognised by the state, and have equal rights.

There is tension in some islands (Ambon) but not in most of Indonesia. In Jakarta the main mosque and cathedral are located next to each other, and work together quite often.

how odd----not long ago an Indonesian man told us that he
is ----of the christian community ---having Dutch roots centuries
ago----but that community is leaving Indonesia FAST---because
of violence against it by muslims----Maybe that problem SUDDENLY
disappeared----or maybe those Dutch reform people all left

oh gee---that young indonesian hubby and I spoke to is STILL
right-----anyone interested in the lies of saigon---just google
"Indonesia violence against christians"

there is also sectarian violence between sunnis
and shiites

later on I will check out the situation for hindus

oh gee---that young indonesian hubby and I spoke to is STILL
right-----anyone interested in the lies of saigon---just google
"Indonesia violence against christians"

there is also sectarian violence between sunnis
and shiites

later on I will check out the situation for hindus
Let us not forget the persecution of the Ahmadi Muslims in Indonesia.

Rosie -

May you should go to Indonesia and actually learn something about the country, rather than relying on gossip.

Surely even you realise that basing your information on google searches is absolutely useless?

Rosie -

May you should go to Indonesia and actually learn something about the country, rather than relying on gossip.

Surely even you realise that basing your information on google searches is absolutely useless?
Perhaps you should find some friends and relatives of those living in Indonesia and ask them how these friends and relatives are able to practice their religious beliefs in peace. Maybe you have become a good Sunni, Saigon, and don't want any news to come out about what is happening, even though there are plenty of articles if you Google it. If your like-minded friends can use Google, why can't others? Do you really think all those articles on Google regarding Indonesia are lies?

http://abna.ir/data.asp?lang=3&Id=382370

"A continuous theme in all the articles of the book is the view that the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is a confrontation between the Zionist settler-colonialism and the Palestinian Arab people; it’s the last colonial war.

"Israel is a colonial-settler state, a result of settler colonialism and an instrument for its continuation.

"If one doesn’t understand this, one understands nothing about the conflict."

Whatever the level of apartheid practiced in Indonesia, there's no doubt about Israel's settler colonial mentality. The Jewish State doesn't exist without billions of dollars of US aid, the US taxpayer subsidizes illegal Jewish settlers stealing land and water that belongs to others. Only a constant stream of lies coming from both governments prevents more US citizens from knowing the full extent of Israeli apartheid.

Hannu Reime: Neither one nor two states, but a federation of the Arab East | Israeli Occupation Archive

Hossfly -

Please try and post with just a shred of common sense.

You couldn't name the president of Indonesia. I've met the president of Indonesia.

Hossfly -

You couldn't name the president of Indonesia. I've met the president of Indonesia.
BFD, I've met Mickey and Minnie in Orlando. And Wild Bill Hickock in Deadwould Gulch. And you are proving your head is as hard as a cue ball.

Hossfly -

Well if you had any common sense, Saigon, you would realize that many of the viewers of this forums must wonder why your are giving those Muslim in Indonesia a pass even though other citizens can't practice their own religions in peace. Big deal that Saigon met the President of Indonesia. Was the President of Indonesia expected to tell him the truth about how those of other religions are treated? I wonder if Saigon would ever meet the head of Saudi Arabia who would tell him that no beheadings are ever carried out in the Kingdom if Saigon ever happened to ask him about this. He could also ask the Prime Minister of Pakistan if people are allegedly jailed for blasphemy.

INDONESIA East Java: six Catholic schools could be shut down for not teaching Islam - Asia News

"A continuous theme in all the articles of the book is the view that the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is a confrontation between the Zionist settler-colonialism and the Palestinian Arab people; it’s the last colonial war.

"Israel is a colonial-settler state, a result of settler colonialism and an instrument for its continuation.

"If one doesn’t understand this, one understands nothing about the conflict."

Whatever the level of apartheid practiced in Indonesia, there's no doubt about Israel's settler colonial mentality. The Jewish State doesn't exist without billions of dollars of US aid, the US taxpayer subsidizes illegal Jewish settlers stealing land and water that belongs to others. Only a constant stream of lies coming from both governments prevents more US citizens from knowing the full extent of Israeli apartheid.

Hannu Reime: Neither one nor two states, but a federation of the Arab East | Israeli Occupation Archive
Don't worry, Georgie Boy, since you are never going to have the fare to see for yourself how people of different religions are treated in Indonesia, you are safe behind your computer. Isn't it strange, Georgie Boy, that there have been Muslims themselves who say there is no apartheid in Israel. Meanwhile, of course, Georgie Boy is certainly not concerned with the apartheid which goes on in the Arab countries.

Apparently you're not too concerned with Arab apartheid since you never mention it except as a deflection in defense of Israeli racism, which is a cause of the violence in Palestine and not a consequence. I don't need a plane ticket to notice how the number of settlers on the West Bank has doubled since "93, and I doubt you can contest that fact without another of your simplistic deflections.

"When Israel last November once again directed massive air and missile fire against the Palestinians of Gaza, the daily Haaretz published a poll according to which 90 percent of the Jewish citizens of Israel supported the bombings.

"One could see hysterical members of Knesset who together with as hysterical crowd shouted in a street demonstration: Wipe Gaza off the map! and Death to the Arabs! (Mavet la ‘aravim!)."

for those who have not noticed----george just claimed
that arab muslims did not commit violent acts
against jews until jews began living in the west
bank after 1967. He is even funnier than sherri's
stand up history revision routines

Forum List

Back