🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Israeli Apartheid Week 2013: Cindy and Craig Corrie Speak in Calgary

By now, IRosie, it is quite apparent that Israel is held to a double standard even though Arab Muslim journalists have said that the Arabs have it much better in Israel than any other country in the Middle East. Perhaps Saigon should go into a department store and look at the labels to see where the clothing originated from. Since he wants to be seen as a wonderful humanitarian and we now know that Muslim countries practice apartheid with of course imprisoning people on allegedly committing blasphemy and closing their eyes to their Muslim citizens murdering those of different religions and destroying their houses of worship, perhaps Saigon can start a boycott against the goods coming in from these countries.

For those who do not know----some of the bastions of APARTHEID ---in the
world do show up on LOTS OF LABELS in stores-----watch for stainless steel
stuff and clothes and cheap kitchen stuff from pakistan----some clothes from
indonesia------- lots of that which china used to send us both pakistan and
indonesia are true examples of apartheid----pakistan is a cradle for terrorists.

some of the little decorative items that used to be entirely "indian" are also
coming from pakistan-----I avoid them on ethical grounds

Hoss -

I don't know why you guys want this double standard with Israel, and I'm very surprised to see you raise the point.

Why is it that Israel can not be held to the same standard as countries like Turkey, Croatia or Serbia?

Perhaps Saigon should go into a department store and look at the labels to see where the clothing originated from. Since he wants to be seen as a wonderful humanitarian and we now know that Muslim countries practice apartheid with of course imprisoning people on allegedly committing blasphemy and closing their eyes to their Muslim citizens murdering those of different religions and destroying their houses of worship, perhaps Saigon can start a boycott against the goods coming in from these countries.

What on earth are you talking about?

do you really think EU stores are full of clothes from the Middle East? Why would you think that?

This is just gibberish.

Perhaps Saigon should go into a department store and look at the labels to see where the clothing originated from. Since he wants to be seen as a wonderful humanitarian and we now know that Muslim countries practice apartheid with of course imprisoning people on allegedly committing blasphemy and closing their eyes to their Muslim citizens murdering those of different religions and destroying their houses of worship, perhaps Saigon can start a boycott against the goods coming in from these countries.

What on earth are you talking about?

do you really think EU stores are full of clothes from the Middle East? Why would you think that?

This is just gibberish.

muslims countries----in fact there are lots of clothes in US stores from Indonesia--
and Pakistan---- and other objects like----kitchen stuff----stainless steel
flatwear and sissors ----from pakistan------it even shows up in hospital
surgical tools----- check your cotton underwear

iRosie -

It may be different in the US, of course, but most clothes here come from China, Viet Nam, Romania and to a lesser extent Bangladesh and India. I don't think I've ever seen clothes here from Pakistan.

Hoss does what all Zionist posters here seem to do - which is to assume ALL 30 Islamic countries are exactly the same. I am constantly amazed that people who would be shocked to hear Panama used in the same sentence as Canada have no problem putting Indonesia in the same sentence as Yemen.

It is profoundly ignorant, and shows a real failure to understand the Islamic world.

btw. I DO shop from a very ethical perspective. Everyone should.

iRosie -

It may be different in the US, of course, but most clothes here come from China, Viet Nam, Romania and to a lesser extent Bangladesh and India. I don't think I've ever seen clothes here from Pakistan.

Hoss does what all Zionist posters here seem to do - which is to assume ALL 30 Islamic countries are exactly the same. I am constantly amazed that people who would be shocked to hear Panama used in the same sentence as Canada have no problem putting Indonesia in the same sentence as Yemen.

It is profoundly ignorant, and shows a real failure to understand the Islamic world.

why would anyone be shocked to see panama and canada in the same sentence?

why would it be wrong to put Yemen and Indonesia in the same sentence?

your statement makes no sense-----and has nothing to do with
understanding or lack of understanding of "the islamic world"

as to your shopping----that which is "ethical" varies according to ones
sense of ethics.

Because despite being linked by either geography or religion - the two socities have almost nothing at all in common.

Anti-Islamic posters here show staggering lack of knowledge when they blithely assume all Islamic societies must be much the same - a mistake they would never make about American societies, or possibly even about European societies (though some would make that mistake, too).

Finland and Greece have very little in common, likewise Canada and Panama, likewise Indonesia and Yemen.

To understand Islam means understanding something about those differences.

as to your shopping----that which is "ethical" varies according to ones
sense of ethics.

Yes, definitely. It's up to people to do what they feel is most important. For me that means buying Fair Trade products, because I believe trade is a better path out of poverty than aid. I also support some countries and avoid others.

Because despite being linked by either geography or religion - the two socities have almost nothing at all in common.

Anti-Islamic posters here show staggering lack of knowledge when they blithely assume all Islamic societies must be much the same - a mistake they would never make about American societies, or possibly even about European societies (though some would make that mistake, too).

whilst YOU , saigon make sweeping presumptions----I have never seen
anyone post up "ALL MUSLIM COUNTRIES ARE THE SAME" or "ALL MUSLIM
SOCIETIES ARE THE SAME" You are delusional I doubt anyone who
has ever encountered Iranians and Pakistanis would conclude that culturally
they are "the same" ----but then nobody on this board has suggested that they
are,. In fact I have posted my own opinions regarding the DIFFICULTIES
I would expect Hezbollah to encounter in "arab" countries ---even those with
lots of shiites like Bahrain and Iraq. Of course the common religion---does
impact STRONGLY on the cultures involved-----just as christian countries do have
commonalities.

[]

I have never seen
SOCIETIES ARE THE SAME"

Really? Haven't you?

Where in this comment does Hoss distinguish which Muslim society "practices aparthied"?

Since he wants to be seen as a wonderful humanitarian and we now know that Muslim countries practice apartheid with of course imprisoning people on allegedly committing blasphemy and closing their eyes to their Muslim citizens murdering those of different religions and destroying their houses of worship, perhaps Saigon can start a boycott against the goods coming in from these countries.

This is a mistake virtually all of the Zionist posters make on a daily basis - and something that just screams out that you understanding nothing about the Islamic world.

iRosie -

And for those of us who oppose Apartheid in Israel that means things like not buying from companies that profit from the Occupation, like HP and Motorola and Caterpillar and others. Sherri

iRosie -

And for those of us who oppose Apartheid in Israel that means things like not buying from
companies that profit from the Occupation, like HP and Motorola and Caterpillar and others. Sherri

an for those of us who oppose rape and murder of little girls for the sake of
the shit "god" isa-----avoid anything from INDONESIA and KENYA and
NIGERIA and PAKISTAN----and several other semi sharia shit holes that
legalize that shit for the entertainment of sherri and those of her ilk

I have never seen
SOCIETIES ARE THE SAME"

Really? Haven't you?

Where in this comment does Hoss distinguish which Muslim society "practices aparthied"?

Since he wants to be seen as a wonderful humanitarian and we now know that Muslim countries practice apartheid with of course imprisoning people on allegedly committing blasphemy and closing their eyes to their Muslim citizens murdering those of different religions and destroying their houses of worship, perhaps Saigon can start a boycott against the goods coming in from these countries.

This is a mistake virtually all of the Zionist posters make on a daily basis - and something that just screams out that you understanding nothing about the Islamic world.

wrong again saigon----you are reading something which is not there--

APARTHEID is inherent in SHARIAH -----in general---muslim societies are
APARTHEID to the extent that they adhere to shariah law.----or even IMAGINE
they adhere to shariah law. In times when turkey rejected shariah----apartheid
was very much ameliorated---especially in big cities where governement policy
was better enforced. Saudi arabia is an entirely APARTHEID society
Pakistan suffers from a combination of ill-effects of both an inherited caste
consciousness they picked up from hindus and the more disgusting forms
which are inherent in shariah. In fact the COMBINATION effects that create
the stink which is pakistan is fascinating----they can manage to oppress just about
any group to the extent that they bomb on ass EACH OTHER. Of all people--
pakistanis do have a talent for INTENST HATRED WITH PIOUS OVERTONES

Sharia law has nothing whatsoever to do with Apartheid.

The legal systems of the overwhelming majority of Islamic countries are based in Common Law - not apartheid.

Hoss's statement was - quite obviously, I think - just another example of the same idiotic generalisations made here every day by people who simply have no idea at all how different a country like Indonesia is from a country like Yemen.

The legal systems of the overwhelming majority of Islamic countries are based in Common Law - not apartheid.

Hoss's statement was - quite obviously, I think - just another example of the same idiotic generalisations made here every day by people who simply have no idea at all how different a country like Indonesia is from a country like Yemen.

I think that Sharia law is misunderstood. Palestine has Sharia law but it is only family law. Only Muslims can use it and that is voluntary.

Palestine: First Females Islamic Judges Inaugurated in Palestine

For the first time in the history of Palestine, two women were appointed as judges to the Islamic Sharia court in the West Bank cities of Hebron and Ramallah.

"Dr. Al-Tamimi stated that the High Council of Islamic Judges of Palestine had ratified as legitimate the appointment of two female judges: Asmahan Youssef Al-Wihidi, and Khulud Mohamed Ahmed Faqih, considering the event as historical one. Sheikh Al-Tamimi told me that his appointment was based on the Hanafi school of Islamic jurisprudence, which allows and legitimizes the candidacy and appointment of women to positions of public interest of the society. He said that women are humans just like men, that men and women are brothers and sisters, and that women can take on the most difficult tasks, as history has proved.

Palestine: First Females Islamic Judges Inaugurated in Palestine | Women Reclaiming and Redefining Cultures

You're absoutely right, Tinmore. Even the UK has Sharia law for use in Muslim divorces, and I don't hear many complaints about it. Jews also have the same rights in Britian, actually (i.e. to use Jewish legal codes to advise on divorce settlements).

Sharia law is present in family law the world over, but is not used in criminal law in the majority of Islamic countries.

You're absoutely right, Tinmore. Even the UK has Sharia law for use in Muslim divorces, and I don't hear many complaints about it. Jews also have the same rights in Britian, actually (i.e. to use Jewish legal codes to advise on divorce settlements).

Sharia law is present in family law the world over, but is not used in criminal law in the majority of Islamic countries.

try again saigon----the stink of shariah has SOME effect on legal proceedings in just
about all lands that REFER to themselves as islamic----in some it heavily influences
the court------now. HOWEVER there is ALWAYS the danger of a "BACK TO ISLAM"
movement such as the one ongoing in egypt---and threatening Lebanon and Turkey
and hot in Tunisia etc etc Lets see what the situation will be five years
from now in Syria -

I have never seen
SOCIETIES ARE THE SAME"

Really? Haven't you?

No mistake buddy boy. Muslim societies practice racism and bigotry towards non Muslims in one form or another, whether it be cultural, institutional, or both. In some cases it's extreme, while in other cases it's moderate.

Ah yes, a few days ago Hamas animals canceled the marathon because women aren't allowed to be in public without proper Islamic covering. A real open society of Shariah shit is what it is.

iRosie -

Then maybe you should shop at a Salvation Army Store.

Shariah Law isn't apartheid? Two sets of laws and legal rights for Muslims and non Muslims, and you think that isn't apartheid? Ha ha ha. If anything, Shariah Law is THE DEFINITION OF RELIGIOUS APARTHEID. Isn't the internet great? Ignorant morons like you can pose as being informed and knowledgeable.

apartheid - definition of apartheid by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Aparthied:
An official policy of racial segregation formerly practiced in the Republic of South Africa, involving political, legal, and economic discrimination.

Forum List

Back