🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Israeli Navy Opens Fire At Fishermen In Gaza

There is no proof either way, is there? The article doesn't say who the 'eyewitnesses' were, or how they knew the ammo was live .......

No one was hurt. They were trespassing and violating the law. The Israelis made them leave. Hamas has been caught before posing as fishermen in order to get close enough to Israelis to cause them harm them. Israel did the right thing by enforcing their laws concerning their waters and how close these "supposed fishermen" are allowed to come.

Your bloodlust knows no bounds, Sherri. You should be ashamed of yourself.

-Jeremiah
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Loinie, I find it humorous that you slam me for an 'ad hom' (when I quoted an actual statement by the other poster) after you indulged in the above little personal attack.

It's true that you don't prance about here pretending you're some kind of virtuous individual - so I'll just note this as an 'inconsistency'. : ))

There is no proof either way, is there? The article doesn't say who the 'eyewitnesses' were, or how they knew the ammo was live .......

The article stated they were clearly within the legal bounds for fishing and that this has happened before.

It also stated: Eyewitnesses reported that the Israeli Navy fired dozens of rounds of live ammunition at several fishing boats, and into the air in an attempt to force the fishermen back to the shore.

Would the Navy use dummy rounds? Seriously? Regardless - what they did was illegal and harrassing, and prevented the fishermen from engaging in their livelihood.

Loinie, I find it humorous that you slam me for an 'ad hom' (when I quoted an actual statement by the other poster) after you indulged in the above little personal attack.

It's true that you don't prance about here pretending you're some kind of virtuous individual - so I'll just note this as an 'inconsistency'. : ))
I wasn't slamming Jeri-girl to refute a claim, I was slamming Jeri-girl to slam Jeri-girl.

C'mon man, don't kill my buzz!

I don't treat you that way! I respect the things you say. Well, sometimes.

loinboy, wasn't I supposed to post a video or something for you but I was posting on my phone ? What was the video again?

If you watched the video, you're the eyewitness!

Not exactly: for all I know the film was doctored or completely fake. I do know the source has a definite and strong bias, and I consider it untrustworthy.

I remember in Jenin the 'massacre' which wasn't (nearly all the casualties were Fatah fighters), the footage of Mohammed al-Durah 'shot to death' which he wasn't, the 'direct hit by an Israeli bomb on an ambulance' with the driver wounded on one side of his head, and then somehow on the other instead - and the passenger who survived the 'bomb' going straight through the ambulance into the road beneath (perpendicular to the road!) , who also survived the fire..... And let us never forget the scandal of the 'hormone-laden chewing gum' way back when the Israelis occupied the Sinai!

Oh, I left out the Mossad sharks, too......

In short: there have been any number of manufactured non-incidents which were debunked, deconstructed and thoroughly discredited. But the 'activist alternative opposition news outlets' STILL promote them as actual occurances - while the same sites give heavy play to any "skepticism" about the Holocaust or any events in which Jews were harmed or victimized.
Knowing that ISM have sheltered HAMAS fighters in the past, I have no faith in their objectivity either. I don't doubt that most of them are well-intentioned, but I see a complete lack of skepticism or fact-checking as regards anything accusing Israelis of wrong.

It's lousy 'journalism', it's lousy 'research' - and it can hardly be termed 'objective' , so it's not 'reporting', it's 'activism'.

I wasn't slamming Jeri-girl to refute a claim, I was slamming Jeri-girl to slam Jeri-girl.

C'mon man, don't kill my buzz!

I don't treat you that way! I respect the things you say. Well, sometimes.

So you were being a little bitch of a troll too? OK, I think I get it: slamming them to tick off another poster is OK, just not as part of refuting anything?

loinboy, wasn't I supposed to post a video or something for you but I was posting on my phone ? What was the video again?
Was it this?

"...music video Hamas posted on Palestinian television after the latest ceasfire..."

Oh ya ! I forgot what we were discussing exactly, but here's the video in case you're still interested

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Tg5DcKH7b0]Hamas broadcasts "death to Israel" music video the day after agreeing to ceasefire - YouTube[/ame]

"The fishermen attacked were fishing in their waters, not Israeli waters. Attacks upon civilians are defined under The Fourth Geneva Convention as war crimes. This has nothing to do with Hamas, it has to do with the Occupier, Israel, carrying out unlawful attacks upon the civilian population of Gaza!"

I'd like to hear what the President has to say about it...you think he'll think like you mon sherri ? this is a serious thing.

pirateshipff.gif
creeping up on people and
randomly shooting them....is cowardly...

write10.gif
need more details sherri. what's the latest scoop ?

If you watched the video, you're the eyewitness!

Not exactly: for all I know the film was doctored or completely fake. I do know the source has a definite and strong bias, and I consider it untrustworthy.

I remember in Jenin the 'massacre' which wasn't (nearly all the casualties were Fatah fighters), the footage of Mohammed al-Durah 'shot to death' which he wasn't, the 'direct hit by an Israeli bomb on an ambulance' with the driver wounded on one side of his head, and then somehow on the other instead - and the passenger who survived the 'bomb' going straight through the ambulance into the road beneath (perpendicular to the road!) , who also survived the fire..... And let us never forget the scandal of the 'hormone-laden chewing gum' way back when the Israelis occupied the Sinai!

In short: there have been any number of manufactured non-incidents which were debunked, deconstructed and thoroughly discredited. But the 'activist alternative opposition news outlets' STILL promote them as actual occurances - while the same sites give heavy play to any "skepticism" about the Holocaust or any events in which Jews were harmed or victimized.
Knowing that ISM have sheltered HAMAS fighters in the past, I have no faith in their objectivity either. I don't doubt that most of them are well-intentioned, but I see a complete lack of skepticism or fact-checking as regards anything accusing Israelis of wrong.

It's lousy 'journalism', it's lousy 'research' - and it can hardly be termed 'objective' , so it's not 'reporting', it's 'activism'.

I tend to agree with what you say about videos - it's why I almost never bother to watch them but look instead for articles or transcripts of what is said. It's impossible to truly verify and research videos for accuracy as a source. However - there are articles about this particular incident.

How the hell could that video possibly be doctored? You see people fishing; you see an Israeli gunboat coming up; you see the Israeli gunboat shooting at the people fishing! What was doctored? And this "well, we don't see the full picture" bullshit, is just non-sense. There is nothing in an "alleged" full picture, that could justify what you see in the video.

Even if, just for the sake of argument, the fishermen were shooting at the gunboat, once they've layed down their arms and are no longer showing hostile intent, they cannot be targeted. Enemies who lay down their weapons, cannot be shot.

But that's not what the video shows. The video shows people fishing being shot at! And that's fucked up!

If you're going to claim the video is doctored, you need some evidence to give that conclusion validity. Otherwise, your objection is frivolous.

The article stated they were clearly within the legal bounds for fishing and that this has happened before.

It also stated: Eyewitnesses reported that the Israeli Navy fired dozens of rounds of live ammunition at several fishing boats, and into the air in an attempt to force the fishermen back to the shore.

Would the Navy use dummy rounds? Seriously? Regardless - what they did was illegal and harrassing, and prevented the fishermen from engaging in their livelihood.

Who were these eyewitnesses? Further, what kind of payload do these these "rounds" have? What are the qualification of these eyewitnesses?

This all seems like fodder for foolery...:eusa_liar:

Here is a website addressing attacks on fishermen. Fishing Under Fire maintained by ISM Gaza. I read a story from 2/13/2013 2 fishermen arrested and fishing boat confiscated PCHR condemns Israeli Forces assaults on Palestinian fishermen in Gaza waters. 2/8/2013 15 Israeli violations against Gaza fishermen in January

What about the fish ?!??!! Won't anybody here talk about the fish ?!! They are being suffocated to death after being dragged in with a net !

What about the fish ?!??!! Won't anybody here talk about the fish ?!! They are being suffocated to death after being dragged in with a net !

sadly yes-----I was about seven when I saw a fish die on the boardwalk ---of a beach
at the jersey shore------I was horrified----hook in mouth and kinda gasping.
red gills OPENING UP ----kinda I never
got over it. I was about ten when I read about some girl being raped and murdered
on a beach near tel aviv-----a small row boat had boated the arab rapist in from
somewhere ----which at that time was called egypt

Last edited:

Who were these eyewitnesses? Further, what kind of payload do these these "rounds" have? What are the qualification of these eyewitnesses?

This all seems like fodder for foolery...:eusa_liar:

Hey. You might have a point there. Maybe....all those supposed rockets being launched into Israel aren't real - how can you trust the eyewitness - surely they must be lying. Afterall maybe Israel launched them in order to implicate the Palestinians. This all seems like fodder for foolery...:eusa_liar:

Disclaimer: judicious amounts of sarcasm involved

Here is a website addressing attacks on fishermen. Fishing Under Fire maintained by ISM Gaza. I read a story from 2/13/2013 2 fishermen arrested and fishing boat confiscated PCHR condemns Israeli Forces assaults on Palestinian fishermen in Gaza waters. 2/8/2013 15 Israeli violations against Gaza fishermen in January

A smear site with a cause..... PRESENTING THE INTERNATIONAL DAY OF ACTION FOR THE BOYCOTT OF ISRAELI AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTS-A Day of Solidarity with Palestinian Farmers and Fishermen
Fishing Under Fire: International Day of Action for the Boycott of Israeli Agricultural Products

Next....:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back