🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Israel's "Right to Exist"?

Saying Israel "has a right to exist" without specifying "Israel's" borders is pretty clueless.
No. That statement is clueless.
My background/history showing why still stands.
Just because there is additional territory in play because of War, it doesn't affect 'Right to exist' nor the legitimacy of the state.
Chechens claim an independent state, as other Republics got. Is Russia Illegitimate?

Japan/China/Philppines are all fighting over some Islands. This doesn't make the any less legitimate.

Clearly one of us understands the issue while you are just protesting.

As to the 'Occupied' (aka "Disputed') territories....
Israel won most of the current problem area in the 1967 War. (tho some in '48).
Israel immediately OFFERED BACK the 1967 Land in exchange for mere Recognition by the Arab States. The Arabs REFUSED with the famous "three Nos at the Khartoum Conference in August '67. (Google if you please)
Only thus "Occupation".

Some like to portray it as a Land grab, but Israel was Clueless what to do, and only gradually fell into settling it.

Not that Israel wasn't entitled to some buffer according to Res 242 which did NOT call for Complete withdrawal but for new Negotiated "secrure and recognized borders. Always Anticipating they would have a small buffer.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/israe...t-does-not-mean-withdrawal-to-1967-lines.html
But...

GP said:
Do you consider Area C a part of Israel?
NO, Not area C.
242 foresaw small strategic additional land for buffer/defense.
That would include only the heavily populated near-in settlements.. and even then I call for 100% Land swap for any land acquired in 1967 in exchange for those 'facts on the ground.
Everything else becomes art of New Palestine with or without Jews living within it.
That's my position based on solid fact.

GP said:
If so, what's your argument against Theodor Meron, Israel's foreign ministry's legal adviser in 1967, explicit warning to his government against settling civilians in the newly occupied territories?
Partially explained above. Arab rejectionism has its cost, but
this will be largely alleviated with 100% Land Swap plans as Ohlmert floated several years ago.

Israel returns 99%!

THAT is the solution.
Unfortunately it wont be offered again until Netanyahu is OUT of office.
Under him there will be no peace, no agreement.

and while Abbas was apparently willing at one time for that, he is no longer - at least publicly.
He has now bowed to pressure from his Hamas right (and is bolstered by Intl/UN support) and demands the EXACT 1967 borders. Which will Never happen.

That's my position and opinion on the state of negotiations. IMO No agreement is possible agreement at this time/These leaderships.
and Dont forget Palestine has TWO Govt's
One can't claim 'right to exist' unless you have a Unified govt - unless they want two Palestines (Hamastan and Palestine)

Glad to answer answer any more.

thx

Last edited:
I understand people have a right to exist, but how does an land entity (such as Israel with whatever borders) get any "right"? Does my electric guitar have a right to rock n' roll? :D

I understand people have a right to exist, but how does an land entity (such as Israel with whatever borders) get any "right"? Does my electric guitar have a right to rock n' roll? :D

Absolutely!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

For the same reason that members of the United Nations Human Rights Commission are or were leaders of nations that violated their own citizens human rights in the worst way. In modern times the United Nations is a useless body and we should withdraw. At one point Iran was a member of the woman's rights agency within the council. What a joke.

For the same reason that members of the United Nations Human Rights Commission are or were leaders of nations that violated their own citizens human rights in the worst way. In modern times the United Nations is a useless body and we should withdraw. At one point Iran was a member of the woman's rights agency within the council. What a joke.
Yet Iran has never conspired to overthrow an elected US President.
Iran has never murdered, maimed, displaced, or incarcerated millions of civilians on the opposite side of the planet from its homeland.
Those of us in the US should really FLUSH our own government before worrying about Iran's.

GP, is there any reason I shouldn't believe you are an anti-American, terrorist regime loving dissident?

GP, is there any reason I shouldn't believe you are an anti-American, terrorist regime loving dissident?
Hoss, I don't hold my country or its strategic assets to a lower moral standard than the rest of the world.

Does that make me anti-American?

Hoss, I don't hold my country or its strategic assets to a lower moral standard than the rest of the world.

Does that make me anti-American?
If not,then you only set your standards a small percentage higher. That's still pretty low. And a citizen shouldn't be bad mouthing his country all the time like a '60s flower child.

None at all.

Jihadist dogs cannot converse------the best they can to is fart out silly jingles as they dream of the "glory" of sneaking into a house to slit the throat of an infant. They are so stupid that in discussions of their own aggressive farts of "YITBACH AL ............" and their incessant cheers for BLOOD in honor of their dog "god"-----they resort to silly games of semantics and stupitidy like "how can a country have a 'right' to exist" Jihadist dogs actually consider that 'query' to be clever-------does a jihadist dog have a 'right' to exist? does a city which is the place where a rapist pig was born have a 'right to exist' well---for the jihadist dogs an artistic rendition in stone of a person far better than any of them and their "god" to wit BUDDHA somehow does not have a "right" to exist and the dogs go to great effort to ATTACK it

Jihadist dogs cannot converse------the best they can to is fart out silly jingles as they dream of the "glory" of sneaking into a house to slit the throat of an infant. They are so stupid that in discussions of their own aggressive farts of "YITBACH AL ............" and their incessant cheers for BLOOD in honor of their dog "god"-----they resort to silly games of semantics and stupitidy like "how can a country have a 'right' to exist" Jihadist dogs actually consider that 'query' to be clever-------does a jihadist dog have a 'right' to exist? does a city which is the place where a rapist pig was born have a 'right to exist' well---for the jihadist dogs an artistic rendition in stone of a person far better than any of them and their "god" to wit BUDDHA somehow does not have a "right" to exist and the dogs go to great effort to ATTACK it

Make sure you keep your muzzle on and have your rabies shots up to date. Thanks. :D

"Make sure you keep your muzzle on and have your rabies shots up to date. Thanks. "

yet another example of a jihadist fart-----and it is not even friday

Yet Iran has never conspired to overthrow an elected US President.
Iran has never murdered, maimed, displaced, or incarcerated millions of civilians on the opposite side of the planet from its homeland.
Those of us in the US should really FLUSH our own government before worrying about Iran's.
Iran's Hezbollah has taken over Lebanon and held its people captive to their Islamic imperialistic ideology. Iran exports terror and has itself conducted terrorism and bombings and murder of its citizens as well as attacked citizens of other countries. Iran is close allies with Syria that not only supports Syria's slaughter of its citizens but sends troop and weapons to help the Syrians kill more of their own people. Plus Iran regularly threatens the destruction of other countries.

In short, Iran is one of the main forces for war and instability not only in the region but the entire world. Which is why it is under such harsh international sanctions. Perhaps you can convince the civilized world that Iran's IslamoNazis are really nice guys.

Forum List

Back