Israel's War Against Hamas - Updates

quoting unsubstantiated quotes with no source is not helpful

I provided a source, you just chose to delete it along with the rest of my comment.

As far as the credibility of the source, I'm sure that you have believed far more outrageous things with much less evidence.

I provided a source, you just chose to delete it along with the rest of my comment.

As far as the credibility of the source, I'm sure that you have believed far more outrageous things with much less evidence.
your "source" was a quotemaster website which just has unsourced quotes collected. There is no issue of credibility because the site makes no claim to authenticity and substantiation.

In terms of what I believe and what I consider proper evidence, I certainly don't accept unsourced quotes blindly and repost them as if they are proven fact. At least I don't think I do -- if you see me doing so, please ask me for a source.

In fact, by my analysis, Israel has implemented more precautions to prevent civilian harm than any military in history—above and beyond what international law requires and more than the U.S. did in its wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.” Writes
@SpencerGuard

What kind of counter argument is this? That Jerusalem was important to Islam but not to Arabs? Jerusalem barely features in Islamic history. There is no mandate to visit it. There are no rituals attached to its visit. According to Islamic tradition, Prophet switched prayer orientation from Jerusalem to Mecca because Jews prayed facing Jerusalem.

Now about Taleb’s intellect. His understanding of history relies on eugenics and craniometry (DNA nonsense). He is one of the most racist anti-Muslim people, arguing that the Levant was Greek Orthodox and part of the Mediterranean and that Mediterranean was Greek and Roman. One time he posted a pic of the bust of a Roman emperor to argue that his looks indicated that he was neither Arab nor Muslim.

Now as someone with a Greek Orthodox background from north Lebanon, odds are he grew up with the antisemitic Nazi SSNP. This is the answer. Not that he knows how to analyze history.

After five months of military operations, Israel has destroyed Gaza. Over 30,000 Palestinians have been killed, including more than 13,000 children. Over 12,000 are presumed dead and 71,000 injured, many with life-changing mutilations. Seventy percent of residential areas have been destroyed. Eighty percent of the whole population has been forcibly displaced. Thousands of families have lost loved ones or have been wiped out. Many could not bury and mourn their relatives, forced instead to leave their bodies decomposing in homes, in the street or under the rubble. Thousands have been detained and systematically subjected to inhuman and degrading treatment. The incalculable collective trauma will be experienced for generations to come.

By analysing the patterns of violence and Israel’s policies in its onslaught on Gaza, this report concludes that there are reasonable grounds to believe that the threshold indicating Israel’s commission of genocide is met. One of the key findings is that Israel's executive and military leadership and soldiers have intentionally distorted jus in bello principles, subverting their protective functions, in an attempt to legitimize genocidal violence against the Palestinian people.

After five months of military operations, Israel has destroyed Gaza. Over 30,000 Palestinians have been killed, including more than 13,000 children. Over 12,000 are presumed dead and 71,000 injured, many with life-changing mutilations. Seventy percent of residential areas have been destroyed. Eighty percent of the whole population has been forcibly displaced. Thousands of families have lost loved ones or have been wiped out. Many could not bury and mourn their relatives, forced instead to leave their bodies decomposing in homes, in the street or under the rubble. Thousands have been detained and systematically subjected to inhuman and degrading treatment. The incalculable collective trauma will be experienced for generations to come.

By analysing the patterns of violence and Israel’s policies in its onslaught on Gaza, this report concludes that there are reasonable grounds to believe that the threshold indicating Israel’s commission of genocide is met. One of the key findings is that Israel's executive and military leadership and soldiers have intentionally distorted jus in bello principles, subverting their protective functions, in an attempt to legitimize genocidal violence against the Palestinian people.
Israel’s political and military leadership are war criminals. We need a new Nuremberg Trials. If only we lived in a sane just world.

Israel should be considered a pariah state by the entire world’s nations.

There certainly is a great deal of hatred toward and ignorance of Muslims on this site. You’ve tried to inform them to no avail. They merely attack you personally and slander you as a Hamas supporter. Apparently hatred, racism, and ignorance can’t be overcome no matter the facts provided for some people.

What’s most ironic about the duopoly types who support the genocide is both sides support it, yet disagree on most other issues.

You're certainly right about the "... great deal of hatred toward and ignorance of Muslims on this site." and both that hatred and ignorance comes from the first people to howl "anti Semite!" to the mildest of slights against Jews, the other Semites.

I've also noticed that the more outrageous the atrocities of Netanyahu's genocide become, the more desperate Israel's army of paid, trained and scripted Hasbara trolls get in attempting to defend the indefensible.

Finally, the longer Netanyahu's exterminates Gaza's long tormented residents and the more Palestinian land that is stolen, more more suspicious the attack of 7 October becomes.
Israel knew of the attack on 7 October at least a year in advance. (1)

Just a month before the attack, Hamas even posted a video showing exactly how the the attack would be carried out and carried out the first preparations for the attack in plain view.

There were numerous other indicators of exactly when and how the attack would occur but, apparently, high ranking officials chose to let the attack go on, unhindered, so that right wing Zionists could have an excuse to do what they had long planned to do in order to consolidate their "Greater Israel"

As I have pointed several times, this is not the first time that right wing Zionists have sacrificed other Jews for a "Greater Israel" (2) nor is it the only time that extremist, right wing Jews have committed a genocide that included starvation as a means of extermination. (3)

Re
What’s most ironic about the duopoly types who support the genocide is both sides support it,

While I agree that there are extremist elements on both sides that would like to exterminate the other, it is severely detrimental to US interests to aid and abet any genocide especially when it is a genocide against people who have been tormented, robbed, massacred and driven from their homes for 80 years.

There can never be peace in the region and the US will continue to send young American G.I.s to die for Israel's regional hegemony (i.e. "Greater Israel") as long as AIPAC and similar right wing Israeli lobbies control US Middle East policy.

Thanks,

(1). "New York Times report says Israel knew about Hamas attack over a year in advance"

EXCERPT "The attack was planned in plain sight. A month before the assault, Hamas posted a video to social media showing fighters using explosives to blast through a replica of the border gate, sweep in on pickup trucks and then move building by building through a full-scale reconstruction of an Israeli town, firing automatic weapons at human-silhouetted paper targets.

In the video, the militants destroyed mock-ups of the wall’s concrete towers and a communications antenna, just as they would do for real on Oct. 7.

Adding to public outrage over the military’s apparent negligence, the Israeli media has reported that military officials dismissed warnings from female border spotters who warned that they were witnessing Hamas’ preparations for the attack. According to the media reports, the young women reported seeing Hamas drones and attempts to knock out Israeli border cameras in the months leading up to the attack." CONTINUED

(2). “If I knew that it was possible to save all the children of Germany by transporting them to England, and only half by transferring them to the Land of Israel, I would choose the latter, for before us lies not only the numbers of these children but the historical reckoning of the people of Israel.”

Ben-Gurion (Quoted on pp 855-56 in Shabtai Teveth’s Ben-Gurion in a slightly different translation).

(3) "Stalin's Jews"

"We mustn't forget that some of greatest murderers of modern times were Jewish"

https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3342999,00.html

EXCERPT "And us, the Jews? An Israeli student finishes high school without ever hearing the name "Genrikh Yagoda," the greatest Jewish murderer of the 20th Century, the GPU's deputy commander and the founder and commander of the NKVD. Yagoda diligently implemented Stalin's collectivization orders and is responsible for the deaths of at least 10 million people.

In 1934, according to published statistics, 38.5 percent of those holding the most senior posts in the Soviet security apparatuses were of Jewish origin. They too, of course, were gradually eliminated in the next purges.

Many Jews sold their soul to the devil of the Communist revolution and have blood on their hands for eternity. We'll mention just one more: Leonid Reichman, head of the NKVD's special department and the organization's chief interrogator, who was a particularly cruel sadist."CONTINUED

Forum List

Back