Israel's War Against Hamas - Updates

Shifa

Our troops evacuated patients and medical teams to alternative medical facilities set up by the IDF to enable the continuation of proper medical treatment.

Terrorists fired at troops from within and outside of Shifa’s ER building.

Approx. 200 terrorists have been eliminated since the beginning of the operation.

Khan Yunis

Dozens of terrorists have been eliminated in the area of Al Amal so far. Troops struck terrorist infrastructure containing weapons and located explosive devices and mortar shells.

Central Gaza

Troops eliminated a number of terrorists over the past day utilizing aerial fire.

Either you don't understand what I've already written or are deliberately being obtuse.

It is ironic that you are doing the same thing that I was complaining about to another individual in the Post containing the quote you don't like; evading substantive debate about Zionist genocide.

Since Netanyahu's genocidal foray through Gaza has long since been indefensible, apologists for that same indefensible genocide either evade the topic or focus on diversionary, trivial things like the validity of a single quote.

I feel like I have already explained why I think that is entirely justifiable to cite that Netanyahu quote in my earlier Post # 6358 but in the spirit of friendly discussion, will further clarify my sentiments.

Firstly, I have followed Netanyahu closely for decades and also have friends in the US Military who have been stationed in Israel and been participants in negotiations with Benny Ganz, Yoav Gallant, Netanyahu and others.
Briefly put, no one who has studied Netanyahu and is familiar with his rhetoric doubts the veracity of the quote.

Next, you wrote:

There is plenty of "grounding" for the quote you doubt beginning with the fact that it is true that AIPAC and similar parasitic right wing Israeli lobbies have succeeded in "squeezing" $ Trillions out of Americans (1) while repeatedly betraying the US.

Therefore, it's a fact that Israel's parasitic right wing "squeezes" $ Trillions from naive and witless Americans while repeatedly betraying the US.

I've already told you another reason supporting the veracity of the quote and that is the pervasive sentiment among Israel right wingers that Americans are "inherently dupable people." (3)

Yet another reason to believe that Netanyahu said: “Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away.” is his audience. Jonathan Pollard was yet another Israeli spy who cost the US $ Billions and numerous lives.
Since Netanyahu was quite fond of Pollard, it's only logical that hat he would attempt to comfort Pollard with the language he used.

It is beyond naive not to think that the CIA would have listened to a meeting between two of America's most destructive and insidious enemies.

Re:

Finally, if that were true, then I would also be using another quote attributed to Netanyahu:

"America is a golden calf and we will suck it dry, chop it up, and sell it off piece by piece until there is nothing left" (Netanyahu 1990). (4)

Even though I feel that this quote accurately reflects Netanyahu's views, I don't use it because I'm not fully convinced that it's valid.

So, if I really cited quotes only because they echo beliefs I already hold, I would use other quote: "America is a golden calf..." but I don't.

On the other hand, the only reason that you don't think that the first quote is valid is that it articulates facts that you work to deny.

How would Netanyahu carry out his genocidal agenda without America's bombs, bullets and $ Billions?

(1). "The Costs to American Taxpayers of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict: $3 Trillion"
https://www.wrmea.org/003-june/the-...israeli-palestinian-conflict-$3-trillion.html

By Thomas R. Stauffer

EXCERPT "Similarly, aid to Israel—and thus the regional total—also is understated, since much is outside of the foreign aid appropriation process or implicit in other programs. Support for Israel comes to $1.8 trillion, including special trade advantages, preferential contracts, or aid buried in other accounts. In addition to the financial outlay, U.S. aid to Israel costs some 275,000 American jobs each year."CONTINUED

(2). "How Israel Has Betrayed America"
https://www.foreignpolicyjournal.com/2014/06/06/how-israel-has-betrayed-america/

EXCERPT "A recent report by Newsweek magazine that Israel has spied on the United States at “an alarming level” and has done so “more than any other ally does” raises a very serious issue concerning how much Israel has betrayed America, which is something that the American mainstream media have time and again refused to debate in public."CONTINUED

(3). "WHAT DO ISRAELIS THINK ABOUT AMERICANS? START WITH DISDAIN"
What Do Israelis Think About Americans? Start With Disdain.

EXCERPT " Though Israel is a famously fractious society, Israelis tend to agree on one thing: Their strongest supporters are an inherently dupable people." CONTINUED

(4). "America is a golden calf and we will suck it dry, chop it up, and sell it off piece by piece until there is nothing left" (Netanyahu 1990) — Steemit
You just wrote an entire post that did nothing but support what I said. You assume the truth of the quote because it agrees with what you already believe, not because it is in any way substantiated. Thank you for proving my point.

And gee, I'm sure glad you didn't reference a quote that you think might not be accurate. Except you do.

I would like to apply pressure so that they release the girls first - what is happening to them there is appalling."

You just wrote an en ire post that did nothing but support what I said. You assume the truth of the quote because it agrees with what you already believe, not because it is in any way substantiated. Thank you for proving my point.

No, you just won't admit that you've been soundly debunked.

If I used any quote only because it reflected my view, I would use the Netanyahu quote that starts with:

"America is a golden calf and we will suck it dry, ...

I don't use that quote because it is not as widely supported as:

“Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away.” - Benjamin Netanyahu

Meanwhile, I can articulate specific reasons why the "Once we squeeze..." quote is valid while you can't show anything credible that shows the "squeeze..." quote is invalid other than the fact that you don't like the facts it relates.

If I used any quote only because it reflected my view, I would use the Netanyahu quote that starts with:

“Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away.” - Benjamin Netanyahu

Meanwhile, I can articulate specific reasons why the "Once we squeeze..." quote is valid while you can't show anything credible that shows the "squeeze..." quote is invalid other than the fact that you don't like the facts it relates.
You have it in your mind, due to that quote, that the US-Israel aid is a one way street towards Israel.

It has never been so, never will.

-------------
America benefits from its annual investment in Israel

Israel’s swift victory over Egypt, Syria and Jordan in 1967 devastated the pro-USSR and anti-U.S. Egyptian military, which had attempted to overtake the pro-U.S. Arab oil-producing countries, at a time when the United States was heavily dependent upon Persian Gulf oil. The Israeli victory denied the USSR a strategic bonanza and spared the United States a national security and economic calamity.

Thus, since 1967, the U.S.-Israel saga has increasingly become a mutually beneficial affair, in the following manner:

1. Israel is the most productive, cost-effective, battle-tested laboratory for the U.S. defense industries and armed forces, as demonstrated by the F-35, F-16 and F-15 fighter jets—as well as by hundreds of additional U.S. military systems employed by Israel. This unique Israeli combat experience has promoted U.S. military systems throughout the world, advancing U.S. exports.

The Israeli experience/lessons have been constantly shared with the U.S. manufacturers and the U.S. Air Force. It has upgraded the quality of U.S. combat aircraft, thus sparing the U.S. defense industry many years and billions of dollars in research and development; enhancing U.S. competitiveness in global competition; increasing U.S. exports and expanding the U.S. employment base. The Israeli laboratory has yielded a mega-billion-dollar bonanza to the U.S. defense industries and enhanced the performance of the U.S. Air Force and other branches of the U.S. military.

Israel’s battle experience has been shared with the U.S. armed forces, such as special forces on their way to Iraq and Afghanistan, who spend two to three weeks in Israel being trained by Israel’s top experts on neutralizing car bombs, suicide bombers and Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs).

Furthermore, the Israeli battle experience (wars and counter-terrorism) has been shared with the United States, impacting much of the U.S. Army battle-tactic formulation in Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas.

2. Israel is the most productive external source of military intelligence for the United States, exceeding all NATO countries combined (e.g., the entire Iranian nuclear archive; battle tactics of potential and actual enemies; advantages and disadvantages of hostile military systems; counter-terrorism; and preempting Middle East flare-ups). Israel has assisted in foiling anti-U.S. terrorism and attempts to topple pro-U.S. Arab regimes.

According to Gen. George Keegan, a former chief of U.S. Air Force Intelligence: “I could not have procured the intelligence [received from Israel] with five CIAs.” In order to realistically assess the magnitude of Israel’s contribution to U.S. intelligence, one should note that the annual budget of the CIA is about $15 billion.

3. Israel is a most innovative hub of U.S. commercial high-tech, second only to the United States, hosting research and development centers of some 250 U.S. high-tech giants, such as Intel, Microsoft, Amazon, Cisco, Apple, HP, Kodak, Google, Facebook, IBM, AOL, Applied Materials, Johnson & Johnson, etc. These U.S. giants leverage the brainpower of Israel—the “Startup Nation”—in order to expand U.S. production, exports and employment.

4. Israel is a uniquely reliable, effective and democratic outpost of the United States in the extremely critical area between Europe, Asia and Africa, the Mediterranean, the Red Sea, the Indian Ocean, the Arabian Sea and the Persian Gulf, which extends the strategic reach of the United States, with no need for additional U.S. military personnel.

Also, Israel’s posture of deterrence, defense technologies, battle experience, intelligence network and training capabilities play a major role in securing the highly vulnerable pro-U.S. Arab regimes (e.g., Jordan, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Oman, Morocco), which face existential threats from Iran’s Ayatollahs, the Muslim Brotherhood and Islamic State.

As stated by the late Gen. Alexander Haig, a former Supreme Commander of NATO and U.S. Secretary of State: Israel is the largest U.S. aircraft carrier, which does not require a single boot on board, is located in a most strategic area for U.S. military and economic interests, and cannot be sunk. If there were not an Israel in the eastern flank of the Mediterranean, the United States would have to dispatch a few more aircraft carriers to the region, in addition to a few more ground divisions, at an annual (manufacturing, deployment, maintenance) cost of $15 billion to $20 billion.

In conclusion, Israel is a unique military and commercial force multiplier for the United States.

Accordingly, the United States makes an annual investment in, rather than extending foreign aid to, Israel, which yields a few hundred percent annual rate-of-return to the American taxpayer.

I travelled from airports ACROSS the UK. I travelled from airports in the northeast, London, Scotland, and other parts of the UK.

I HAVE NEVER BEEN TREATED THE WAY THOSE TWO ISRAELIS WERE TREATED. NOT ONCE.

and I enjoyed how your claim that you won't use it was then followed by your using it.

See, you are doing it again. Sad you can't understand this. By admitting that you can articulate reasons that you think the quote is valid but not giving any substantiation for the origin you are underscoring how it is only your preference that leads to your use. I don't need to show anything to prove something is invalid. All I can do is ask why you use something that has no confirmed source and all you have answered, repeatedly, is that you use it because it seems valid to you since it is in line with other quotes.

Forum List

Back