Issue 1 in Ohio

Around $14 million of out-of-state money has been thrown into the abortion amendment.

For what? To manipulate people into voting for it through lies.

They will continue this march with pretty much everything else, like gun control.

The Federal Constitution requires 2/3 passage, not half. The Founders had it right.

Why should the state constitution be any different?
Its a grubby vote caused by extremists who cannot abide the will of the people.

Last edited:
Don't hand me that crap.

80% of the people want term limits for Congress.

63% of Americans want budget restraints for Congress.

Yet the media and the Left and those in Congress will ignore this completely.

No changes will ever occur UNLESS the states amend the Constitution to force it on the Feds.

The process has been underway with the Article V movement, but the road is extremely difficult and not likely to succeed, especially considering it has never been done in US history. The US Congress certainly won't vote to put term limits on themselves or reduce the amount of money they can spend for themselves, so it must come from outside power or never get done.

The people are powerless.
Actually I think it is higher then 80 percent.

Don't you think it's weird that a huge majority of voters from both sides want term limits, yet these people keep voting the same people in?

That said, term limits violate the constitution. An amendment to the constitution would have to be passed and that isn't likely...which in my opinion is a good thing. The founders did not give term limits to Congress for a reason.

The majority of people voted for Mrs Clinton. Medieval voting laws saw trump steal it.

The system is designed that the President doesn't represent the popular vote, but a population weighted majority of the States. The popular vote is represented by the House.

Not in general, no.

That said, I can't help but point out the irony that Roe v Wade was overruled in the name of letting states democratically decide. Culture warriors need to fuck right off.

Cool so why would a state set a 60% threshold to get issues on the ballot?
Rethugikkkons need to FUCK RIGHT THE FUCK OFF!!!!!!!

Cool so why would a state set a 60% threshold to get issues on the ballot?
Because rule by referendum sucks.

I know what they're up to here, and it's utter, hypocritical bullshit. But I stand by the principle that doing whatever the majority wills is NOT the proper role of government.
Rethugikkkons need to FUCK RIGHT THE FUCK OFF!!!!!!!
Certainly the ones fixated on the culture war. But that's not just Republicans.

Last edited:
Issue 1 in Ohio that will be voted upon this Tuesday, is important for a myriad of reasons.

What is being attempted is to codify abortion into the Ohio Constitution via a mere majority. However, this Tuesday what is being attempted is to raise the bar for passing a Constitutional amendment to the state Constitution from a mere majority to 60% or higher. Only then will a mere majority of voters be prohibited from making such changes. This is key because most Ohio voters are being sold a lie about the abortion amendment, so obtaining a mere majority with a nation already divided using false propaganda should not be a problem for the Left.

With the nation divided on abortion, the Left seems confident they can obtain a majority to pass amending the Constitution this fall in November, by getting a majority to vote for abortion as a state Constitutional right. It is being sold as a return to Roe vs. Wade, but nothing could be further from the truth.

In 1973, the high court ruled that Texas was wrong. “The word ‘person,’ as used in the Fourteenth Amendment, does not include the unborn,” wrote Justice Harry Blackmun in his landmark opinion. The Supreme Court held that personhood could not be granted to a fetus before “viability”—the point around 24 weeks of pregnancy when a fetus can survive outside the womb—and established a constitutional right to abortion access.

However, the new abortion laws to be codified into state Constitutions like Ohio will have no such verbiage.

Instead, the amendment prohibits the state of Ohio from banning abortion when, in the professional judgment of a physician, an abortion "is necessary to protect the pregnant patient’s life or health."

So, let's say the physician says that the woman needs to have the abortion because she is depressed about being pregnant. Then the woman will be allowed to have the abortion even if the unborn is viable, all in the interest of maintaining the woman's health.

For those who support pro-life, this is worse than what we had under Roe vs. Wade as women can obtain an abortion up to a partial birth abortion.

But millions of dollars are being pumped into Ohio from outside Ohio to convince everyone that it is a return to Roe vs. Wade. The problem is, most of the money is being pumped from outside the state into Ohio to get voters to vote on a lie.

Proabortion advocates outside Ohio have raised $14.8 million, compared to $4.8 million raised to pass issue one.

This appears to be the future of democracy, that is, to get a simple majority to codify things into state constitutional law as the Left outspends their opponents with propaganda and outright lies, but then, the Left is made up of mostly rich folk, like Soros and Gates.

But they won't stop with abortion. They will continue to turn the constitutions of red states into blue constitutions, as the states slowly turn purple using the same techniques.

So, what is next? Gun rights? The sky is the limit.
You insisted that the issue be "returned to the states", where you hoped you could achieve your Sharia dreams.

Now you're getting your asses whipped at the state level....and want a rule change.

You insisted that the issue be "returned to the states", where you hoped you could achieve your Sharia dreams.

Now you're getting your asses whipped at the state level....and want a rule change.
I just want a fair shake on the truth in the media.

After all, if you don't have a free media you don't really have democracy.

Unfortunately, that is the case here.

Except latter amendments to impose viability bans.

Because rule by referendum sucks.

I know what they're up to here, and it's utter, hypocritical bullshit. But I stand by the principe just that doing whatever the majority wills is NOT the proper role of government.

Certainly the ones fixated on the culture war. But that's not just Republicans.

Nope it sure isn't just Rethugikkkons. But it is they that continue to push on mostly cultural war issues on a daily basis.

And sorry I believe the government should be run by majority rule to do differently is not democracy.

I asked you a question and you've failed to answer it. Don't hide in the "Pew". :)
Give me a breakdown of those numbers. Or they're just anecdotal.
Again, argue with the organizations that publish them. I didn't make them up.

Google is your friend.

Nope it sure isn't just Rethugikkkons. But it is they that continue to push on mostly cultural war issues on a daily basis.

And sorry I believe the government should be run by majority rule to do differently is not democracy.

Good
We intentionally don't have a democracy.

You mean govt should not do what people want ?
You are shameless.
so some of the people don't want and should shut up, is that what you're trying to say that only the demfks can count? mere majority is not in our constitution, your continued coup is not to do anything you want, fk you!

Last edited:
Again, argue with the organizations that publish them. I didn't make them up.

Google is your friend.
Then I'll take them as anecdotal and repeat to you that a majority of Americans support the right to abortion services.

Which is why conservatives like to point out that we are a constitutional republic, with some elements of democracy - limited primarily to electing representatives. But we're not a pure democracy, and shouldn't aim for that.

Majority rule is a shitty way to make decisions, or resolve problems, in society. It should only be used when truly necessary, when it's vital that we all conform to some norm, when letting people decide for themselves just doesn't work. But those circumstances are rare. In most cases live and let live is a better option.

Forum List

Back