It has become painfully, even fatally, obvious we have a police problem in this country......

And I believe congress needs to get involved.

First & foremost this is not an excuse for thuggish or criminal behavior. Nor is it a condemnation of police in general.

In the past I have created threads saying that the black community needs to get control of the culture in their inner cities.

Now it is time to recognize that we have a problem in the police community. It has become terribly obvious that temperament & judgment is an issue that the police departments across our nation are not paying a lot of attention to with regard to their hiring practices. So many police shootings seem to be questionable and it usually boils down to judgment. It makes me wonder if the screening process for selecting candidates is adequate. I also wonder if the pay is too low? So low that it attracts too many of the wrong individuals? It's like we just hire whomever applies as long as they pass a back ground check with little regard to their psychological well being or ability to function under extreme stress.
If you watch the video posted to Facebook after this latest shooting you can hear the sheer terror in the officers voice AFTER he had already killed the individual. He sounded like a child who was scared shitless.
Perhaps some nation wide standards could alleviate some of the problems with bad hires. We give these men and women a great deal of power over our daily lives so why not create some rational standards by which we determine who receives that power?

First .. and again .. I apologize for misjudging you earlier.

You should know that this is nothing new. African-Americans have lived with this evil all our lives. If anything, it's gotten better. The difference is technology has advanced to the point that we can bring this horror right into your living room. What you see on your screen today was far, far worse just a few short years ago.

Through black alliance with democrats and liberals, we've reduced the incidences of police terrorism and horrors. But these horrors are still intolerable, still evil, decidedly racist.

Republicans and conservatives have always been blind to these horrors, and most will remain so no matter what they see.

I mentor middle school at-risk boys. When I meet them again next Tuesday, this will be what they want to talk about .. and again, they will ask why do I believe in a system that hates us. I won't deny that the system is not racist, nor that it doesn't target us .. it is, and it does. But I will remind them of all the horrors that we've been through, remind them of what has been accomplished. I will tell them that all that has been accomplished came through alliances with people of conscience, people who find racism and these horrors as intolerable as we do.

Politically, who would that be? I applaud your awareness, but typically, it would not be republicans.

The question of why blacks are overwhelmingly democrats has thus been answered.

Irrespective of her faults, Hillary Clinton is speaking directly to this issue and taking a stance. Trump hasn't said a word.

The question of why blacks will overwhelmingly go to the polls to vote for Hillary Clinton has been answered.

My point to you is that although you didn't see them, these horrors have been going on unabated long before technology opened your eyes to the truth.

You don't mentor crap. And unless you were of age in the 60's you haven't experienced anything you mention.

:lol: Fuck you idiot fool .. and yes stupid motherfucker, I lived the sixties.

Except that doesn't work with your previous statistic...dupe.

If blacks are stopped more and killed less, then that effectively makes per capita almost irrelevant.
They're stopped, arrested, searched, and killed and everything else more, stupid.
Read your own link retard.

Even the New York Times wasn't stupid enough to claim more blacks were killed by the police than whites.

Their argument was that blacks are only 12% of the population and they are disproportionately killed.
Duh. 3.5 times as often. Ay caramba.
And whites are killed almost twice as much moron.
Because there are 5x as many. Idiot.

Well.....the "problem" is concentrated on a small % who shouldn't be cops. Hiring standards have been lowered. So have training standards.

The simple math shows the "problem" isn't widespread. But out of 1,000,000 cops making 14,000,000 arrests per year.....it only takes about 5-10 bad videos per year to make it seem to be a massive problem.

Amercian Police are killing Citizens at a shocking rate. Possibly the most dangerous deadly Police Force on earth.
That is a LIE.....An absolute falsehood. Stop it....
Take your libertarian crap and cram it.

American Police may very well be the most dangerous Police Force on earth. Not only are they resorting to violence more & more, but they're now also imprisoning more Citizens than any other nation on earth. Sadly, our police have been turned into emotionless killing machines.

They've forgotten that their function is to serve the Citizens. Now it's all about kicking doors down and hunting Citizens. They're being trained as if they're waging war on the People. We need to reverse the Militarization process. Being a Soldier and a Police Officer, are two very different things. We need to move away from Military-style policing.

The Brazilian police forces put American forces to shame when it comes to murdering citizens.

I'm sure the numbers are pretty close. And don't forget, the U.S. also now imprisons more Citizens than any other nation on earth. So, are we living in a dangerous Police State? You betcha.
Here's the easy part. Don't be in violation of the law. 98% pf us go through life without a single interaction with law enforcement. That is save for traffic tickets or checkpoints.

Uh Huh... and if you're Black a checkpoint can be as deadly in America as one in Iraq.
Uh huh.....Examples please? Be specific. I want to see you dig up a single story verified by at least two sources where a black motorist was shot dead at a DWI checkpoint. Then in keeping with the hysterical "it happens all the time" approach( your claim).....an example of a second occurrence of the same.
Don't come on here making these blanket accusations and not be prepared to back your claims with facts..
Or are you going to call me racist?

I don't know if you are a racist, I have no idea. Do you habitually look for excuses when cops shoot Black men? Did you excuse that white cracker who arrested Sandra Bland?

Excuse me for conflating traffic stops/checkpoints/DWB. The two killings yesterday stand on their own. It's not up to me to give you stats. The Justice Dept. has done that. And the white Governor of Minnesota, Gov. Mark Dayton, said;

"At a press conference Thursday, Dayton called the shooting "totally unacceptable." He said he found both the shooting and the aftermath "absolutely appalling at all levels," noting in particular that no first aid was provided to Castile, while other police officers did attend to the officer who fired the shots. Dayton also criticized the "stark treatment" of Reynolds by police.

"Justice will be served," Dayton said. "Justice must be served."

"Would this have happened if those passengers, the driver and the passengers, were white?" said Dayton. "I don't think it would have. So I'm forced to confront, and I think all of us in Minnesota are forced to confront, that this kind of racism exists."

It's a valid point. I think a white person stands a much better chance of surviving a broken tail light incident. Unfortunately, our police pull black folks over all the time for fishing expeditions. They hope they can escalate things and grab a drug bust or something. They do target African Americans with petty bogus stops.

What we need is more government to solve the problem of an oppressive government!
I get your point but in this case I think regulations are needed in order to ensure the safety of the public.

According to lots of posters- starting a thread like this means you are responsible for the death of the Dallas police officers.

Apparently if you care about the dead Dallas police officers, you must also not care about the apparent shooting death of 2 unarmed black men by police officers.

Personally- I think the murder of the 5 Dallas police officers is a horrible tragedy- especially for their families.

And if those two men were unjustifiably killed- which it appears- we should be just as sympathetic towards that tragedy.

What we need is more government to solve the problem of an oppressive government!
I get your point but in this case I think regulations are needed in order to ensure the safety of the public.

According to lots of posters- starting a thread like this means you are responsible for the death of the Dallas police officers.

Apparently if you care about the dead Dallas police officers, you must also not care about the apparent shooting death of 2 unarmed black men by police officers.

Personally- I think the murder of the 5 Dallas police officers is a horrible tragedy- especially for their families.

And if those two men were unjustifiably killed- which it appears- we should be just as sympathetic towards that tragedy.

Oh STFU you Goose Stepping little twat. Demanding violent murderous cops be held accountable, does not = 'Wanting cops to be killed.'

English is not your first language is it?

Look up 'Sarcasm"

Oh STFU you Goose Stepping little twat. Demanding violent murderous cops be held accountable, does not = 'Wanting cops to be killed.'

English is not your first language is it?

Look up 'Sarcasm"

My bad. ;)

Both issues are worthy of our attention

First & foremost this is not an excuse for thuggish or criminal behavior. Nor is it a condemnation of police in general.

In the past I have created threads saying that the black community needs to get control of the culture in their inner cities.

Now it is time to recognize that we have a problem in the police community. It has become terribly obvious that temperament & judgment is an issue that the police departments across our nation are not paying a lot of attention to with regard to their hiring practices. So many police shootings seem to be questionable and it usually boils down to judgment. It makes me wonder if the screening process for selecting candidates is adequate. I also wonder if the pay is too low? So low that it attracts too many of the wrong individuals? It's like we just hire whomever applies as long as they pass a back ground check with little regard to their psychological well being or ability to function under extreme stress.
If you watch the video posted to Facebook after this latest shooting you can hear the sheer terror in the officers voice AFTER he had already killed the individual. He sounded like a child who was scared shitless.
Perhaps some nation wide standards could alleviate some of the problems with bad hires. We give these men and women a great deal of power over our daily lives so why not create some rational standards by which we determine who receives that power?
I agree! We do need to change our attitude toward police. WE NEED TO SUPPORT THEM BETTER and recognize that 99% of the whining and crying about brutality is caused by the belligerence of those who need to be arrested. Getting congress involved will help the issue, SO LONG AS THE LEFT WING EXTREMIST FANATICS don't win out.

The Police should be kept away from peaceful protests. There's no reason for them to be there. It comes off as intimidation and incitement.

The Police should be kept away from peaceful protests. There's no reason for them to be there. It comes off as intimidation and incitement.
Most "peaceful protests" aren't peaceful at all, especially BLM protests. The police are needed to quell their riots.

Both issues are worthy of our attention

I agree.

Unfortunately I suspect that those on the extremes will want to make it either or.

Most "peaceful protests" aren't peaceful at all, especially BLM protests. The police are needed to quell their riots.

By all accounts this protest was extremely peaceful- and had been coordinated with the Dallas Police Department- right up to the point where the asshole started shooting at police officers.

I don't know, if it's a peaceful protest, the police really shouldn't be involved. Their presence can come off as intimidation and incitement.

I agree! We do need to change our attitude toward police. WE NEED TO SUPPORT THEM BETTER and recognize that 99% of the whining and crying about brutality is caused by the belligerence of those who need to be arrested. Getting congress involved will help the issue, SO LONG AS THE LEFT WING EXTREMIST FANATICS don't win out.

I absolutely think we should support the police.

But there is no indication so far that either of these shootings were warranted- and yes cops who murder should be arrested and convicted.

Well.....the "problem" is concentrated on a small % who shouldn't be cops. Hiring standards have been lowered. So have training standards.

The simple math shows the "problem" isn't widespread. But out of 1,000,000 cops making 14,000,000 arrests per year.....it only takes about 5-10 bad videos per year to make it seem to be a massive problem.

It's not 5-10 videos.

So far in 2016, 509 people have been shot and killed by the police. Some of those shootings were probably justified, but we do not know how many weren't. And the videos surfacing make everyone wonder about the encounters that weren't recorded on video.

With the police shooting in Baton Rouge, the officers claimed that their body cameras were disabled during the struggle. If a bystander hadn't recorded the incident on a cell phone...it would have been reported as police shooting another armed black man...just another justified use of force incident.

I will tell you that from interacting with the guys who work for me, this shit is much more widespread than you seem to believe. I have employees who are solid citizens, taxpayers, but are black males, and have had some very negative, disrespectful and potentially dangerous encounters with police.

There seems to be a perception that if you are a black male, you are automatically guilty.

Last edited:

I don't know, if it's a peaceful protest, the police really shouldn't be involved. Their presence can come off as intimidation and incitement.

How do you know whether a protest will be peaceful or not? How do you know there won't be counter-protesters there endangering the people with peaceful intentions.

People in large groups consistently do stupid things.

Amercian Police are killing Citizens at a shocking rate. Possibly the most dangerous deadly Police Force on earth.
The Brazilian police forces put American forces to shame when it comes to murdering citizens.

I'm sure the numbers are pretty close. And don't forget, the U.S. also now imprisons more Citizens than any other nation on earth. So, are we living in a dangerous Police State? You betcha.
Here's the easy part. Don't be in violation of the law. 98% pf us go through life without a single interaction with law enforcement. That is save for traffic tickets or checkpoints.

Uh Huh... and if you're Black a checkpoint can be as deadly in America as one in Iraq.

Fuck you kid, try being white and get out of your car in the hood

By all accounts this protest was extremely peaceful- and had been coordinated with the Dallas Police Department- right up to the point where the asshole started shooting at police officers.
Don't talk to me about rare incidents. Talk about the over all status in which police are good and protect and serve the masses. If one looks at the reported cases of police misconduct while recognizing that many if not most of them are bogus, then take that original number of reported cases, double them to insure there is no biased approach, divide than number by the number of LEOs in the US you will find that the bad ones total no more than .5% of police. Whining about one or a few incidence does not compute.

Forum List

Back