It has become painfully, even fatally, obvious we have a police problem in this country......

Well.....the "problem" is concentrated on a small % who shouldn't be cops. Hiring standards have been lowered. So have training standards.

The simple math shows the "problem" isn't widespread. But out of 1,000,000 cops making 14,000,000 arrests per year.....it only takes about 5-10 bad videos per year to make it seem to be a massive problem.

Amercian Police are killing Citizens at a shocking rate. Possibly the most dangerous deadly Police Force on earth.
The Brazilian police forces put American forces to shame when it comes to murdering citizens.

I'm sure the numbers are pretty close. And don't forget, the U.S. also now imprisons more Citizens than any other nation on earth. So, are we living in a dangerous Police State? You betcha.
Oh, no doubt about the US being a police state.

Well.....the "problem" is concentrated on a small % who shouldn't be cops. Hiring standards have been lowered. So have training standards.

The simple math shows the "problem" isn't widespread. But out of 1,000,000 cops making 14,000,000 arrests per year.....it only takes about 5-10 bad videos per year to make it seem to be a massive problem.

Amercian Police are killing Citizens at a shocking rate. Possibly the most dangerous deadly Police Force on earth.
The Brazilian police forces put American forces to shame when it comes to murdering citizens.

I'm sure the numbers are pretty close. And don't forget, the U.S. also now imprisons more Citizens than any other nation on earth. So, are we living in a dangerous Police State? You betcha.
We imprison more because we actually make an effort to remove dangerous criminals from our streets.

Anti-Americans like to pretend that makes us less lawful, instead of MORE lawful. Just like they like to pretend the fact that our infant deaths are reported makes our infant mortality rate HIGHER than countries like Somalia and China, where dead babies aren't tallied.

Think of the meatheads you went to high school with only to find out years later that they became cops !

Yeah the ugly reality is, you can be killed over a broken tail light. Dark times for sure.

I think you guys should find a place that has no law enforcment at all.....
Yeah...I mean why don't you just do that?
You can go right up to New Brunswick and have pretty much total autonomy....the police will come but it might take them a day.

I mean that would be good right?
No Police officers walking around strutting their stuff and trying to hurt people ..... sheesh...why haven't we figure that our for ourselves yet?
JO

Last edited:

We imprison more because we actually make an effort to remove dangerous criminals from our streets.

Anti-Americans like to pretend that makes us less lawful, instead of MORE lawful. Just like they like to pretend the fact that our infant deaths are reported makes our infant mortality rate HIGHER than countries like Somalia and China, where dead babies aren't tallied.

Pretty naive optimistic take, on a very dark ugly reality.

Last edited:
Yeah the ugly reality is, you can be killed over a broken tail light. Dark times for sure.

You can go right up to New Brunswick and have pretty much total autonomy....the police will come but it might take them a day.

JO

That's the options ? Cops can shoot whoever they want vs having no police ?

How about we expect them to be professionals instead of accepting police corruption.

JO

No one's proposing no law enforcement. We're just asking for justice.

And I believe congress needs to get involved.
Where in the U.S. Constitution does it give the federal government authority to interfere with the police forces in the individual states?

This is a state issue and not one to be dealt with by yet another one-size fits all fuck up from Washington.
I disagree wholeheartedly

Here's some sobering wise advice... Fix your tail lights folks. It could be a death sentence for ya. Especially if you're a black man. Peace.

JO

No one's proposing no law enforcement. We're just asking for justice.

Ahh.....justice....

Well....I'm afraid Jusitice, like any other ideology is not perfect. Until we get this

images

Were probably goint to have to find ways to put up with this

cop-pew-pew.jpg

I did notice that we don't have the race element in this one.....I mean it's just too bad it wasn't a white cop....and a black victim. This time it was a danmed racist Asian victimizing an innocent Latino....no headlines there.

JO

Alton Sterling was armed and the gun recovered.

The major difficulty with raising standards and getting better police is that judges and juries keep finding that the police did nothing wrong. How many Freddie Gray trials or Mike Brown trials do we need to have?

The major difficulty with raising standards and getting better police is that judges and juries keep finding that the police did nothing wrong. How many Freddie Gray trials or Mike Brown trials do we need to have?
This isn't Freddie or Mike. The two most recent incidents appear to be murder without justification. Based on what I've seen & heard I expect all officers involved to be charged. As they should be. Let the justice system do its job. A badge is not a licence to kill at will.

To date there have been over 500 police shootings of perpetrators. That's more than last year's total. I cannot believe that each and every police shooting is 100% justified.

And who are the Conservatives here? National Standards? I was under the impression that Conservatives wanted local control and local standards as the federal government, according to Conservative dogma, cannot tie its shoes let alone impose a National Standard that could be effective.

he doesn't seem to have been threatening them with the gun, you idiot.

My guess is, in the Minnesota incident, it started out as just another racist cop fishing expedition. They were hoping to find any 'justification' for taking this man to jail.

African Americans deal with that type of racist harassment all the time. So i'm not buying the 'broken tail light' story. He died because he was a black man. I know most white people don't wanna accept that, but it is the ugly reality.

Forum List

Back