It Is Finished

View attachment 256645
Later, knowing that everything had now been finished, and so that Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, “I am thirsty.” A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus’ lips. When he had received the drink, Jesus said, “It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

Happy Good Friday.

The whole of it was finished--the final and complete Sacrifice. Some translations say, "it is accomplished".

Thank you Jesus!

When Jesus was threatened by the ruling elite he told them, " No one starts to build a house without first calculating what it will cost to complete it.

When Jesus said "it is finished", an accounting term, teleíose, was used.

It means paid in full.

I am intrigued---can you supply the place that records Jesus stating "no one starts to build a house without first calculating what it will cost to complete it"----I, SIMPLY, do not remember ever reading that in the NT. ALSO----who was da "RULING
ELITE"??

Going to Tene Brea tonight

Tenebrae = darkness. So what do you like to say? Sure it's dark in the night.

It is also a religious service.

A what? ... A church service? ... at "Good" Friday? ... Sigh ... it exists nothing, what's not existing. I would be fearful, if I had to go to church tonight. Jesus is dead. They crucified him.

oh----I did not know-----true, I have never been in a "good Friday" church service----
but did not guess that the day is not observed in SOME WAY in churches

A what? ... A church service? ... at "Good" Friday? ... Sigh ... it exists nothing, what's not existing. I would be fearful, if I had to go to church tonight. Jesus is dead. They crucified him.

oh----I did not know-----true, I have never been in a "good Friday" church service----
Just call around you should find such a serviced somewhere. Google too.

Just call around you should find such a serviced somewhere. Google too.

not this year-----Passover HAPPENS tonite-----in fact-----Passover is still happening on easter sunday. DA WHOLE WORLD IS BUSY today------uhm---even the muslims-----the first time I stepped into a mosque----was a Good Friday----uhm---
about 50 years ago------It was a HALLMARK experience---sorta. I cannot get the details out of my head

2,000 years and He’s still got people terrified of Him.

and TALKING ABOUT "IT" ---a little interjection: sorry folks----muslims like to
assert that MUHUMMAD is (was) the most
influential person whoever lived. -------
I have decided that its (was) JESUS
(a new one for me----it's not LOUIS PASTEUR)

He had no servants, yet they called Him Master.
He had no degree, yet they called Him Teacher.
He had no medicine, yet they called Him Healer.
He had no army, yet Kings feared Him.
He won no military battles, yet conquered the world.
He committed no crime, yet they crucified Him.
He was buried in a tomb, yet He is alive today.

Last edited:
View attachment 256645
Later, knowing that everything had now been finished, and so that Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, “I am thirsty.” A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus’ lips. When he had received the drink, Jesus said, “It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

Happy Good Friday.

The whole of it was finished--the final and complete Sacrifice. Some translations say, "it is accomplished".

Thank you Jesus!

When Jesus was threatened by the ruling elite he told them, " No one starts to build a house without first calculating what it will cost to complete it.

When Jesus said "it is finished", an accounting term, teleíose, was used.

It means paid in full.

I am intrigued-----can you give it to us in the language that Jesus used?. It is very difficult to interpret from a rough translation.

You are supposedly an adult and don't know generally how languages are translated?

Okay

"teleiose" seems like greek to me----it is
SURELY not aramaic

The gospel was written in greek for a greek audience who would have understood the implications of that strictly accounting term meaning paid in full.

If you were truly intrigued you would try to figure out what that refers to and it isn't that the law was finished or the completion of the ritual sacrifice of an innocent human being so that believers can eat him.

Last edited:
SURELY not aramaic

The gospel was written in greek for a greek audience who would have understood the implications of that strictly accounting term meaning paid in full.

If you were truly intrigued you would try to figure out what that refers to and it ain't the end of the law or the completion of the ritual sacrifice of an innocent human being so that believers can eat him.

I do not have much of a problem figuring out
why the Nicean council ----kissed Constantine ass. Your probably know that
Hebrew root----SH L M in its various permutations can be translated as "PAID"---
and a few other concepts

SURELY not aramaic

If you were truly intrigued you would try to figure out what that refers to and it ain't the end of the law or the completion of the ritual sacrifice of an innocent human being so that believers can eat him.

Hebrew root----SH L M in its various permutations can be translated as "PAID"---
and a few other concepts

I'm intrigued.

What would it be in Aramaic?

SURELY not aramaic

and a few other concepts

I'm intrigued.

Aramaic is a semitic language and has a similar ROOT system----(that's my ""HIGHLY EDUCATED"" conjecture
stop laughing-------) the Aramaic used by
jesus et al.......was (and remains) sorta
Hebraized-----probably DA SAME. Anyway---saying a Sh L M word ----COULD mean
several things---------like BYE BYE----or paid or done or---ITS OVERS

SURELY not aramaic

and a few other concepts

I'm intrigued.

Aramaic is a semitic language and has a similar ROOT system----(that's my ""HIGHLY EDUCATED"" conjecture

Thats terrific.

Can you tell me what ITS OVERS, finished, BYE BYE, paid or done meanted?

In english please..

SURELY not aramaic

and a few other concepts

I'm intrigued.

Thats terrific.

In english please..

it MEANTED------oh good----you can get these NAILS out of me now

and a few other concepts

I'm intrigued.

Thats terrific.

In english please..

it MEANTED------oh good----you can get these NAILS out of me now

Easter (or Resurrection Sunday) drives them insane.

I just watch with interest

Tonight( Passover) is the night that JESUS asked to be remembered, not sunday. Shows who actually knows Jesus and his Fathers will.( Matthew 7:21)

Tonight( Passover) is the night that JESUS asked to be remembered, not sunday. Shows who actually knows Jesus and his Fathers will.( Matthew 7:21)

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven.

162765.jpg

Forum List

Back