It is time to stand up for the working man!

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I have worked mostly blue collar type jobs throughout my entire life. I never had a desk job at all for a lot of reasons but I have noticed that people who got their higher up jobs because they had a college degree can get kind of snobbish sometimes. I'm not saying this is always true for everyone but I've noticed that they tend to have an attitude that everyone else without a degree is to stupid to make important decisions for the company.

If this is how the company wants to run itself then fine but I also notice that 'liberals' tend to think they are more intelligent than their counterparts. The attitude with 'liberals' who been through college is that I am smarter than the average person because of that. I can definitely appreciate that because classes in art history can be so difficult sometimes...

This attitude tends to transcend into politics and society in general. The attitude is I am so much smarter than you because I went to college therefore your opinion on politics is irrelevant. It is one of the favorite insults that 'liberals' like to throw out against conservatives.

I am here to say that it may be true that having a college degree may make you smarter than the average person but that doesn't mean the average person who works at a blue collar type job has less of a right to contribute how things should be done in our society. One of the tenants of our democracy is that everyone is equal to each other so it doesn't matter if you are rich or poor, educated or uneducated, etc, etc in order to contribute to the political process.

We all have to be equal in order for that to happen because if we were unequal then only the chosen will govern and that doesn't seem very democratic at all. At our jobs any type of inequality in proficiency, education, looks, etc, etc often translates into inequality in authority since those people often get promoted to decision making places. I don't know if I feel comfortable of having a similar situation existing for society since any kind of inequality would mean inequality in the political process. It wouldn't seem democratic and it wouldn't be democratic at all since we are all unequal to each other in almost every way.

Forum List

Back