It looks like John McCain has perhaps 14 months to live.................

What is it about politicians? McCain is 80 years old. Why wouldn't he make it easy on the republican party by retiring gracefully when he has a year or so left and can deal with his freaking family rather than threatening republican congresspeople? You also have to consider the fact that U.S. Senators exempted themselves from the constraints of Obamacare when it was passed.

i hope that he gets lost . If he is actually , really sick the only thing 'mkcain' is going to do is to mess with President Trump plans .

He ran as an 80 yr old . Why leave now ?

This sets up an Arizona senate race in 2018 . Even if he leaves tomorrow .

What is it about politicians? McCain is 80 years old. Why wouldn't he make it easy on the republican party by retiring gracefully when he has a year or so left and can deal with his freaking family rather than threatening republican congresspeople? You also have to consider the fact that U.S. Senators exempted themselves from the constraints of Obamacare when it was passed.

What constraints of Obamacare?

14 months to hold to the fire the feet of an orange traitor who spits on POW's? I hope he takes that chance.

If McCain retires, Arizona law says the governor must name a Republican as his replacement, and then an election is held in 2018 to fill out the other 4 years of his term. So Arizone will have two senate elections that year, one for a 6-year term, and one for a 4-year term.

So, it's probably in the best interest of the Republicans for him to retire early. If he hangs on and doesn't show in the senate, it's one less Republican vote.

14 months to hold to the fire the feet of an orange traitor who spits on POW's? I hope he takes that chance.
And achieve what?
Prevent catastrophe.
McCain is not going to create nor prevent anything going forward. He has had a long life of service and really needs to respect his family over Washington that is going to get along just fine without him. But if he wants to believe that he is going to save the World, so be it, but the World is not going to be saved by John McCain.

Trust me, I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night

Forum List

Back