It’s Official: 2012 Deficit Was $1.087T; $1T+ All 4 Yrs of Obama’s - See more at: htt

questions for RW and sallow:

what was the national debt when obama took over?

what is the national debt today?

how much has obama paid down on the principal of our debt?

who is going to pay our debt and when?

what are we going to do when the interest on the debt takes 100% of govt revenue?

why don't the democrats in DC care about the national debt?

Bush abandoned PAYGO, which was doing more towards getting us fiscally straightened out than any other plan.

Then why, five years later, hasn't Barry Obumbler and his fellow Democrats returned to PAYGO if it were so great?

:lol:

Because they aren't as smart as I am.

No, they don’t because I have never made that claim.

No, I am not. You are making that up. You mad a specific claim – that spending peaked in 2009 and then continued to compare all Obama’s spending against that peak. I have pointed out why that is entirely dishonest. NO WHERE have I claimed FY09 had anything to do with Obama’s spending. Bush authorized 09. HOWEVER, the continual comparison between 09 spending and Obama’s spending as though 09 has any connection with what spending was like under the Bush years is completely dishonest. 09 represented damn near 20 percent increase in government spending in what 2was supposed to be temporary measures combating a recession. Instead, we have maintained that level of spending over the last 4 years – a level that should not have been maintained. All of the years after 09 are Obama’s responsibility, period.

What is dishonest about stating the simple fact that adjusted for inflation spending has come down from the 2009 peak,

a peak that was not set by Obama?

key words, the math that one uses to adjust for inflation can derive any result that you want.

In actual dollars, govt spending has gone up every year. Don't know about you but my budget is based on actual dollars in and actual dollars out.

In 1972 the average price of a gallon of gas was .36¢, cigarettes were .10¢/pack on the Navy base I was recovering at and-----and my wife and I went to Europe - Frommer's "Europe On 5 Dollars A Day" in
hand but-----but if you think an "actual" dollar buys the same stuff today as it did...[whenever] you need a re-al-i-ty check.

What deficit ? Not in Wally world ... :eusa_whistle:

$1373806471000-AP-Obama-Golf-001-1307140855_4_3.jpg $barack_obama_toast_AP.jpg $obama_smirk.jpg

Quit trying to blame Bush's bank bailout on Obama. That's where your made up calculations start.

It's simple:

You're trying to argue that Obama is bringing down government spending from a high baseline, namely FY2009, that Obama himself created.

That is not true.
No, I am not. You are making that up. You mad a specific claim – that spending peaked in 2009 and then continued to compare all Obama’s spending against that peak. I have pointed out why that is entirely dishonest. NO WHERE have I claimed FY09 had anything to do with Obama’s spending. Bush authorized 09. HOWEVER, the continual comparison between 09 spending and Obama’s spending as though 09 has any connection with what spending was like under the Bush years is completely dishonest. 09 represented damn near 20 percent increase in government spending in what 2was supposed to be temporary measures combating a recession. Instead, we have maintained that level of spending over the last 4 years – a level that should not have been maintained. All of the years after 09 are Obama’s responsibility, period.

What is dishonest about stating the simple fact that adjusted for inflation spending has come down from the 2009 peak,

Obama most certainly did set the peak.

The first half if the FY 2009 spending done with an appropriations schedule keeping 2008 levels. Then Bush (with Obama's approval) passed TARP. Starting in March of 2009, Obama, the Democrat House and the Democrat Senate had had full control of the spending including the Stimulus.

Adjusted for inflation, federal government spending PEAKED in FY 2009 (note that FY 2009 includes 3 months of 2008)

and has been lower than that peak year ever since.

No Republican president since Eisenhower has numbers like that.

Assuming that's true (that spending peaked in FY2009) that's nothing special if one explodes spending early on just to be able to claim "I've cut spending" later.

The FY2009 budget was Bush's budget.

No it wasn't.

There has been a misunderstanding about government spending and deficits since President Obama was sworn in. Many people believe that Obama has not had enough time and that his first round of spending priorities is barely over.

That is simply not true. The Fiscal Year 2009 budget proposal by Bush was never appropriated. Starting October 1, 2008, spending continued at the then current levels:

The following sums are hereby appropriated, out of any money in the Treasury not otherwise appropriated, and out of applicable corporate or other revenues, receipts, and funds, for the several departments, agencies, corporations, and other organizational units of Government for fiscal year 2009, and for other purposes, namely:
SEC. 101. Such amounts as may be necessary, at a rate for operations as provided in the applicable appropriations Acts for
fiscal year 2008 and under the authority and conditions provided in such Acts

H.R. 2638

H.R. 2638 allocated spending until March 6, 2009. President Obama and Congress then enacted spending according to H.R. 1105.

Blaming Bush for 2009 spending increases is abjectly false.

Obama most certainly did set the peak.

The first half if the FY 2009 spending done with an appropriations schedule keeping 2008 levels. Then Bush (with Obama's approval) passed TARP. Starting in March of 2009, Obama, the Democrat House and the Democrat Senate had had full control of the spending including the Stimulus.

So Bush adds the cost of TARP to the FY2009 budget, but Obama has to take the blame?

You people are nuts.

Forum List

Back