It’s Official: 2012 Deficit Was $1.087T; $1T+ All 4 Yrs of Obama’s - See more at: htt

Adjusted for inflation, federal government spending PEAKED in FY 2009 (note that FY 2009 includes 3 months of 2008)

and has been lower than that peak year ever since.

No Republican president since Eisenhower has numbers like that.

That only works when you completely disregard the fact that the government increased spending damn near 20% in 2009 in what was supposed to be temporary spending in order to combat the coming crash. I notice that every single bullshit comparison ALWAYS rests on 2009n because the left here is being completely dishonest about what happened that year.

It is asinine to demand that the year that we authorized damn near a trillion dollars to be used for bank bailouts is somehow the benchmark for Obamas base spending. That is completely dishonest. They also leave out the fact that it was the left calling for most of that spending as well.

Obama has spent more than anyone previous by a pretty large margin – that is a simply fact.

And they leave out the fact that Obama put the wars on-budget, when Bush had been hiding that spending.

Why didn't you mention that in your made-up calculations?

explain why if Bush did something wrong, it makes it OK for obama to do the same thing.

Why is it Ok for obama to get us into stupid wars because Bush did it?

Why is it OK for obama to increase the debt because Bush did it?

I don't understand liberal logic.

I love how Republicans gridlock Congress and then gloat that a budget can't be passed

stupid Obama never passed a budget

When was the last time a budget was either filibustered or voted down in committee? We know there was one actual vote in the Senate a number of years ago which the democrats voted no for Obama's budget. So just tell me how the party that has not held power since 2006 is obstructing a budget and why.

I love how Republicans gridlock Congress and then gloat that a budget can't be passed

When was the last time a budget was either filibustered or voted down in committee? We know there was one actual vote in the Senate a number of years ago which the democrats voted no for Obama's budget. So just tell me how the party that has not held power since 2006 is obstructing a budget and why.

LOL I can't wait for the answer. :lol:

LOL I can't wait for the answer. :lol:

Me thinks you will have a long wait for a logical answer.

right, and as the debt gets larger the interest payments get larger. you do realize that we are ONLY paying the interest on the debt, nothing on the principal, right?

Do you libs think this can go on forever? Every time congress increases the debt ceiling, the problem gets worse. Why do you dem/libs support increasing the debt ceiling?

Adjusted for inflation, federal government spending PEAKED in FY 2009 (note that FY 2009 includes 3 months of 2008)

That only works when you completely disregard the fact that the government increased spending damn near 20% in 2009 in what was supposed to be temporary spending in order to combat the coming crash. I notice that every single bullshit comparison ALWAYS rests on 2009n because the left here is being completely dishonest about what happened that year.

It is asinine to demand that the year that we authorized damn near a trillion dollars to be used for bank bailouts is somehow the benchmark for Obamas base spending. That is completely dishonest. They also leave out the fact that it was the left calling for most of that spending as well.

Obama has spent more than anyone previous by a pretty large margin – that is a simply fact.

FY2009 started in October 2008.

The bank bailout bill passed on Oct. 3, 2008.

The GOP House won't pass any budget that the Senate would agree to and Obama would sign.

That is the problem. The Republicans in the House 'govern' as if they have some sort of mandate.

right, and as the debt gets larger the interest payments get larger. you do realize that we are ONLY paying the interest on the debt, nothing on the principal, right?

Do you libs think this can go on forever? Every time congress increases the debt ceiling, the problem gets worse. Why do you dem/libs support increasing the debt ceiling?

LOL

Bailout.............

LMAO..................

The same banks that we bailed out gave themselves a loan from the Federal Reserve later to pay the borrowed money back.

Fed Loaned Banks Trillions in Bailout, Bloomberg Reports - ABC News

Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke had argued back in 2008 when the crisis hit that revealing borrower details would create a stigma that would have led to more banks collapsing. And the Fed fought to keep the details of the loans, which totaled $7.77 trillion, secret long after.

Fed paid out trillions in emergency bank loans ? RT USA

The US Federal Reserve released details regarding more than $9 trillion in emergency funding it gave both US and foreign banks during the global financial crisis.

And they leave out the fact that Obama put the wars on-budget, when Bush had been hiding that spending.

explain why if Bush did something wrong, it makes it OK for obama to do the same thing.

Why is it Ok for obama to get us into stupid wars because Bush did it?

Why is it OK for obama to increase the debt because Bush did it?

I don't understand liberal logic.

Your post has nothing to do with my post, therefore I can't dignify it with a response.

Fed Releases Discount-Window Loan Records During Crisis Under Court Order - Bloomberg

With little more than a phone call to one of 12 Federal Reserve banks, a bank anywhere in the country can ask for cash from the discount window. Banks typically have already given the Fed a list of unencumbered collateral that they use to pledge against the loans. The Fed gives the banks less than 100 cents on each dollar of collateral to protect itself from credit risk.
Discount-window lending was not the largest source of the Fed’s backstop aid during the crisis. Bernanke also devised programs to loan to U.S. government bond dealers, and to support the short-term debt financing of U.S. corporations.

comment

Bail out my ass. The ones who destroyed our economy got 9 Trillion in loans from the Federal Reserve at pennies on the dollar, aka Derivatives basically, from the Federal Reserve. Then paid off the loans from the Gov't and said, SEE WE PAID IT BACK, using the loans from the Federal Reserve to pay it.

GIANT SMOKE SCREEN and America bought the BS.

Secret Fed Loans Gave Banks $13 Billion Undisclosed to Congress - Bloomberg

No Clue
Lawmakers knew none of this.
They had no clue that one bank, New York-based Morgan Stanley (MS), took $107 billion in Fed loans in September 2008, enough to pay off one-tenth of the country’s delinquent mortgages. The firm’s peak borrowing occurred the same day Congress rejected the proposed TARP bill, triggering the biggest point drop ever in the Dow Jones Industrial Average. (INDU) The bill later passed, and Morgan Stanley got $10 billion of TARP funds, though Paulson said only “healthy institutions” were eligible.
Mark Lake, a spokesman for Morgan Stanley, declined to comment, as did spokesmen for Citigroup and Goldman Sachs.

Getting Bigger
Instead, the Fed and its secret financing helped America’s biggest financial firms get bigger and go on to pay employees as much as they did at the height of the housing bubble.
Total assets held by the six biggest U.S. banks increased 39 percent to $9.5 trillion on Sept. 30, 2011, from $6.8 trillion on the same day in 2006, according to Fed data.

seems to me that the celebrating has all been on your side of the aisle. As long as there is no budget Obozo can rule by dictate.

BTW, what gives him the right to delay implementation of part of the ACA? What gives him the right to waive it for congress, the administration, and his big business cronies?

What gives him the right to ignore the provisions of a bill that he signed into law?

Republicans filibuster every significant piece of legislation in the Senate yet expect their "kill Obamacare" budgets to be voted on

Bizzaro world

the repeal obamacare votes have been separate from budget bills until now. The next one MAY fund all govt functions except obamacare. None of the other budget bills did that.

But, again, why hasn't Reid allowed senate debate on even one of the house passed budget bills? the only budget vote in the senate was on an obama budget that was voted down in the senate 98-1.

Reid is the gridlock, he has been for 5 years. Is he afraid that the senate might pass a budget and then obozo would have to veto it? WTF?

Another Dead on Arrival. My way or he Highway GOP budget bill

And you wonder why we call them TeaTards?

Republicans filibuster every significant piece of legislation in the Senate yet expect their "kill Obamacare" budgets to be voted on

Bizzaro world

the repeal obamacare votes have been separate from budget bills until now. The next one MAY fund all govt functions except obamacare. None of the other budget bills did that.

But, again, why hasn't Reid allowed senate debate on even one of the house passed budget bills? the only budget vote in the senate was on an obama budget that was voted down in the senate 98-1.

Reid is the gridlock, he has been for 5 years. Is he afraid that the senate might pass a budget and then obozo would have to veto it? WTF?

Another Dead on Arrival. My way or he Highway GOP budget bill

And you wonder why we call them TeaTards?

Like the last one...........

Cut a deal you have no intentions of ever implementing in the future. They promised cuts with NO NEW TAXES IN Sequester. They Lied. And now Sequester is the law. Arbitrary cuts across the board irregardless of consequences.

The ACA was a my way or the highway bill.

It's so bad that the Unions are saying, "Fix it or Repeal it."

You just can't make that shit up. I never thought I'd see the day they'd say that.

Because that is a bullshit excuse and a farce. No one here is talking about ‘budget’ in that sense and you damn well know it. I look directly at spending (as every other reference to actual numbers has also done) which means nothing is ‘off budget.’ The annual spending and deficit numbers take everything into account, period. Again, claiming that the wars being ‘off budget’ has changed the impact to the deficit under Obama’s numbers as compared to Bush’s numbers is completely dishonest.

By the way – where are my ‘made up calculations’?

Quit lying.

What is your point? That is FY09 which is what we were discussing as that is the baseline that is used. The one that includes the bank bailouts.

This and the liberals are more worried about Global Warming.

It?s Official: 2012 Deficit Was $1.087T; $1T+ All 4 Yrs of Obama?s 1st Term | CNS News

Congressional Budget Office last week released updated historical budget data for the federal government, reporting a deficit of $1.087 trillion in fiscal 2012. 2012 marked the fourth straight year—and the only four years in the history of the nation--when the federal government’s deficit topped $1 trillion. - See more at: It?s Official: 2012 Deficit Was $1.087T; $1T+ All 4 Yrs of Obama?s 1st Term | CNS News

Oh really?

When did the invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq get paid for?

What is your point? That is FY09 which is what we were discussing as that is the baseline that is used. The one that includes the bank bailouts.

The point is..that most of this stuff was "ordered" before Obama even took power.

And they left him with the check.

Because that is a bullshit excuse and a farce. No one here is talking about ‘budget’ in that sense and you damn well know it. I look directly at spending (as every other reference to actual numbers has also done) which means nothing is ‘off budget.’ The annual spending and deficit numbers take everything into account, period. Again, claiming that the wars being ‘off budget’ has changed the impact to the deficit under Obama’s numbers as compared to Bush’s numbers is completely dishonest.

By the way – where are my ‘made up calculations’?

Quit lying.

Quit trying to blame Bush's bank bailout on Obama. That's where your made up calculations start.

The point is..that most of this stuff was "ordered" before Obama even took power.

And they left him with the check.

That is utterly false and blanket claim that the lefties like to make with nothing but lies to back them up. Things like the ‘Bush tax cuts’ are usually blamed for the massive deficits that we are running but then there are no more Bush tax cuts – they are now Obama tax cuts and have been for most of his tenure. The reality is that most programs are completely owned by Obama now and those that are from Bush he has made no effort to change. They are his.

That point was also never made in the posts that I was referring to so no; that was not the point given.

Fed Releases Discount-Window Loan Records During Crisis Under Court Order - Bloomberg

With little more than a phone call to one of 12 Federal Reserve banks, a bank anywhere in the country can ask for cash from the discount window. Banks typically have already given the Fed a list of unencumbered collateral that they use to pledge against the loans. The Fed gives the banks less than 100 cents on each dollar of collateral to protect itself from credit risk.
Discount-window lending was not the largest source of the Fed’s backstop aid during the crisis. Bernanke also devised programs to loan to U.S. government bond dealers, and to support the short-term debt financing of U.S. corporations.

comment

Bail out my ass. The ones who destroyed our economy got 9 Trillion in loans from the Federal Reserve at pennies on the dollar, aka Derivatives basically, from the Federal Reserve. Then paid off the loans from the Gov't and said, SEE WE PAID IT BACK, using the loans from the Federal Reserve to pay it.

GIANT SMOKE SCREEN and America bought the BS.

Secret Fed Loans Gave Banks $13 Billion Undisclosed to Congress - Bloomberg

No Clue
Lawmakers knew none of this.
They had no clue that one bank, New York-based Morgan Stanley (MS), took $107 billion in Fed loans in September 2008, enough to pay off one-tenth of the country’s delinquent mortgages. The firm’s peak borrowing occurred the same day Congress rejected the proposed TARP bill, triggering the biggest point drop ever in the Dow Jones Industrial Average. (INDU) The bill later passed, and Morgan Stanley got $10 billion of TARP funds, though Paulson said only “healthy institutions” were eligible.
Mark Lake, a spokesman for Morgan Stanley, declined to comment, as did spokesmen for Citigroup and Goldman Sachs.

Getting Bigger
Instead, the Fed and its secret financing helped America’s biggest financial firms get bigger and go on to pay employees as much as they did at the height of the housing bubble.
Total assets held by the six biggest U.S. banks increased 39 percent to $9.5 trillion on Sept. 30, 2011, from $6.8 trillion on the same day in 2006, according to Fed data.

What is your point? That has nothing to do with the spending problem and the government’s addiction to it. Your post is on another topic entirely and is not really connected to the discussion here. I bring up TARP as a spending item obscuring the 2009 overall numbers and the utter dishonesty in using those figures as Obama’s baseline to spending are true no matter how much it was a ‘smokescreen.’

It's simple:

You're trying to argue that Obama is bringing down government spending from a high baseline, namely FY2009, that Obama himself created.

That is not true.

Forum List

Back